Though the building was quite nice, not being notified about the building becoming a mostly a dorm would have significantly changed my signing of a lease if I had been told before I signed. Overall a lack of suddenness of communication, the downsizing the shared spaces, and the dorm really has changed my mind about this building.

Reply from 30 East

Most residents are pleasant, definitely miss living in the heart of the city!! Writing this review because I was almost at a $20 giftcard from point I earned as a RESIDENT...that magically disappeared... which I still should be able to redeem even if I am no longer living there.

Reply from 30 East

Love the sky terrace and dog park! The yoga area in the gym is awesome for Zumba or non traditional workouts! The grills were nice too, you dont see that often!

Reply from 30 East

This will be my 2nd year at 30E and i just love how it is located in a prime part of Chicago as well as its proximity to my school. Staff aren’t extremely friendly and I love the 24/7 security who not only keep our community’s safe but also are the nicest of people!

Reply from 30 East

I loved living at 30East! It was a great culture, very friendly and I would love to live there again soon! It was a very easy transition and all of the people that worked there were always willing to help when necessary.

Reply from 30 East

Love 30 east so my sister and I decided to sign another lease for the following year! Could not be more excited for another great year living in the hub of the city!

Reply from 30 East

Very nice building. Staff could be friendlier though...the person at the front desk would treat requests as of they were wasting their time. Otherwise, great experience.

Reply from 30 East

Overall, I enjoyed my time at 30 East. My studio was nicely laid-out and the appliances were I great shape. The furniture was sturdy and average, so it wasn’t cheaply furnished. My biggest complaints were the smell of smoke (both cigarette and marijuana) in some of the halls, the trash left behind in the couch cushions and under the fridge, and the lack of consequences do to disruptive neighbors in the halls on a weekly basis. Was it worth the $1799 I paid in rent every month? Kind of. The utilities, electricity, internet, etc. being included in that price is what got me to apply for the apartment. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have stayed there and paid that kind of money for a studio.

Reply from 30 East

Very thankful I chose not to re-sign my lease prior to Columbia buying out a majority of the building. management has finally stepped up their game, and the units/views are awesome, but it was still a headache to live there nonetheless. Hopefully the new shift will make the living experience even better for the new tenants!

Reply from 30 East

Good place, nice accomodations and furnitures. Walls are a little bit thin and we never get an answer if we ask for some problems with the equipments but still enjoyable to leave.

Reply from 30 East

i love how many community activities here are and the variety in what they are. and i haven’t met anyone who isn’t genuinely nice here. it’s a great community

Reply from 30 East

Decent place to live. Internet, a fridge and a place to sleep is all I really need. I just wish for all of these apartment entries/inspections that I could sign up for a time slot since I'm a very anxious person and I hate not knowing when someone is going to enter my apartment. I'm glad management has at least been nice when I contact them, but I'm sure they're sick of me by now.

Reply from 30 East

loved it, best summer housing in the whole chicago if i didnt have to leave I wouldnt. The staff is phenomenal and really cares for the people that reside here

Reply from 30 East

The location of the apartment is very central. Very close to the red line and bus stops. The furniture in the apartments stain easily so you have to be careful with everything. The rooms are nice and theres enough storage. Nice areas to lounge with friends.

Reply from 30 East

30 East was a great home this past year. The staff was always friendly and really took care of all their residents. I'm definitely going to miss living here!

Reply from 30 East

This is my second summer living in 30 east and it's been a better second experience. Management is a lot more accommodating and I really appreciate the effort the apartment puts in to make it a community. Also, great location!

Reply from 30 East

In the two years that I've been living here I have experience excellent rapport with staff. The maintenance crew is very intelligent and does a magnificent job and completing my request with ease and Grace.

Reply from 30 East

Love living here and love the space and neighborhood. The apartment are big and has great amenities. How ever it’s a little pricey for a student to live there, but it’s worth it.

Reply from 30 East

Overall Pretty Good. The location is very nice. Front desk people are lovely. Maintenance requests are fulfilled almost immediately. Only complaint is that the water is funny.

Reply from 30 East

Living here is great! Location is amazing and the staff here is always super friendly and helpful. Gym is great too! Beautiful views, fire pit, and fun games/events throughout the year!

Reply from 30 East

The amenities were really great at the beginning. With the new construction it took away the study rooms, which were very nice to have. Love the security guards and the maintenance folks.

Reply from 30 East

It has been a great experience. I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderful kind and fun people who live here. I thank the Universe for the experience.

Reply from 30 East

Very nice accommodations. Matching could have been a little better I think since my roommates are little on the louder and nocturnal end which makes sleeping a little harder than normal. But all in all, a great experience

Reply from 30 East

30 East has great amenities and a great staff! Always feel welcome and enjoy the gym and free printing! The location is wonderful and has parking right next door!

Reply from 30 East

Very friendly staff, great amenities, but printer and vending machines sometimes broken (vending machines in particular). Very nice view, maintenance staff very responsive.