I have been here 4 years now hoping that it would get better every year, but it has only been worse. To management you are a dollar sign and that's about it. There is no community and rent seems to continue to go up every year with no change. It is not worth it. Cannot recommend to anyone anymore. There are too many other good places around. It could be a good place but that has got to start at the top.

When visiting my future apartment I was upset to see the maintenance was a disaster. Called the office to complain, only to find rude and not helpful staff.

I've dealt with 2 shootings, 2 break ins, and 1 robbery which was likely by the cleaning staff who didn't confirm I had resigned my lease. All in 1 year. On the bright side, the central air works and utilities are included into a cheap rent, so there's that. I wouldn't recommend staying here more than 2 years (absolute maximum).

Don't love it here. Pool hours don't correspond with a working persons schedule, multiple issues with wifi and cable, when I moved in the fan was broken and the room was filthy. More problems have ensued since move in and my complaints are consistently met with snarky and disrespectful management.

Reply from 49 North

1 of the 3 roommates is disgusting, has extra people living in their room, and is constantly smoking inside. Their “guests” walk around advertising that they are on drugs. Also, when I first moved in, the level of filth was next level. The stove and oven were fire hazards, there was mold in the dishwasher, and you couldn’t walk anywhere without your feet turning black.

It’s cool out here but needs some major updates to keep up with competing college apartment. Need more amenities ...improve work out facility

There were multiple things wrong when moving in, sinks leaking, doors not closing, missing pieces of furniture. On top of that the gate that is supposed to be closed at night does not close and the office hasn't done anything about it.

When I first got here I was subleasing for someone and after moving all of my stuff into my room and getting comfortable I had to move across the street because I was in student housing Nd I’m not a student and they didn’t have the downstairs available so no only did I have to repack and remove my things I had to move them up a flight of stairs I was told that I would be 1st in line to a downstairs room when ever one comes available that was in May it is now August people have moved out Nd when I checked to see if any downstairs room Available they said it would be a 250 fee to move me and also one of my roommates got kicked out as in the sheriffs came to take her keys and after she got of her stuff she left aloy of her empty boxes clothes she didn’t want and also stole a couple of my house hold things such as a hamper and a couple cleaning supplies and silverware but I ask the rent office if they could get someone to come get her stuff out the living room and all they did is make excuses I ended up having to take 3 bags of clothes and a heavy rug to the dumpster.

Complex’s were not ready to be moved in or properly cleaned from last guest. Turned in my form to maintenance and still haven’t heard back....

Reply from 49 North

I was promised a $200 gift card when I signed my lease, and I have yet to receive it or any instruction on how to get it. It would have been nice to have it by now.

Reply from 49 North

The first year at 49 North was good. The office staff in person are always kind and relaxed. However in the last 6 months it feels as though management doesn't care to communicate with residents or resolve ongoing issues such as safety and crime, amenities like the pool, or the gate which is constantly broken. Instead of fixing problems like the pool having glass they cut pool hours to working hours and I can never go now. The gate is never working correctly and there have been more officers in our complex in the last month than I've ever seen and we didn't even receive an email. I found out about a news article and an arrest within our complex through a friend who saw it on TV. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate 49 North and I'm grateful for the time I lived here but it's got a lot of improving to do to be considered a safe or reliable place to live after recent events, in my opinion.

Like living here. Has everything I need and I've had little to no problems. I just came into the office 3 times and complained to staff about an issue, was told the issue would be addressed by the manager, and then it appears that nothing has been done. Only money issues in 49norths interest are followed up on. When it comes to the resident experience and complaints that don't involve money nothing is done. "There is a signing bonus!" not received "There is a renewal bonus!" not received But I've complained repeatedly about resident that doesn't clean up after her pet droppings and nothing changes. Customer service has left me underwhelmed to say the least.

Reply from 49 North

I thought we lived in a gated community and the gate is never closed. Need new sand in the volleyball area. Since the gate isn’t closed everyone in there mom parks in here and then when I come home from work there’s no spaces. But I love my home with my friends that’s the only good thing

the apartments are spacious and i like the layout. the staff up front are nice and helpful most of the time. the thing i disliked the most was that when we moved in, the apartment was disgusting. there were personal items everywhere, food in the fridge and freezer. it looked like someone had just moved out that morning and that no one had checked out the apartment between the time people moved out and we moved in.

Upon moving in there were some maintenance issues in the apartment and because someone had already been living here, there was no cleaning crew that came in before we moved in. Other than that, I enjoy my roommates and the smaller community of 49 North.

Overall a good speed experience The apartment complex was nice and subtle but the only issue was just the community and the people who live there but other than that the place is very nice to stay a nice pool the gym could be a bit better but overall pretty nice

Overall my experience has been fine. It was a bit of a fixer upper when I moved into my unit but so far so good. The shooting incident was definitely a scare.

For a low cost apartment. It is ok. Rough around the edges for some parts such as rooms need to Be properly evaluated before the resident moves in but other than that it is ok

Reply from 49 North

3 stars because my apartment has had many issues and wasn’t clean when we moved in, MAINLY though because the front gate is always open... what’s the point of having a gate then. I need more security protection.

There was a shooting shortly after moving in. The gate is always open, because it is broken or someone has vandalized it, and the parking spots are very small and tight. But I do appreciate the office always handing out free food like pizza and tacos and always being friendly when I go get mail and my packages!

Reply from 49 North

The living here is cheaper in comparison to the other off-campus​ apartment. The pool is pretty nice and has a small gym if you like to workout.

Apartments we’re not cleaned what so ever before moving in. Random people we’re in the apartment moving things out while we were trying to move in. Staff is friendly, and mostly helpful but it’s hard to get in touch with management.

Reply from 49 North

Changed pool hours for the summer to basically non-usable hours, not even open majority of the weekend. Apartment was nice but not cleaned when we moved in found moldy food in cabinets. Staff is nice and prompt.

Reply from 49 North

The rooms themselves, the pool, and the gym are all very nice. Many of the other tenants are very loud though. There is a lot of crime in the area. Recently there was a shooting in the neighborhood. I'm only happy I have a room on the top floor. It feels safer. The security guard was driving through the neighborhood with his music blasting the other day which isn't very professional. And the gate is often not closed.

Maintenance takes a long time to complete. Unorganized in policies and procedures. Staff is really nice and helpful. Access to free printing is a plus.