4th West

4.4

4.4

Got the apartment because of the tall shower head placement since I'm a tall guy and the amenities are nice to boot. Since the building has started filling out since I moved in (I was one of the first residents), I've come to find that the sound proofing is poor and I can pretty much hear everything my neighbors are doing. It's gotten annoying and I've started looking to move into a home.
When I originally moved in 4th WEST lit me up. It was unlike anything I've seen in SLC. One month later, COVID happened and I completely understood that the amenities would be no longer available. However, when the COVID regulations were lifted and business opened back up, 4th west amenities did not. Gyms were open, Lagoon was open but it wasn't until 3 weeks later that the gym at 4th west opened with restricted hours, 8am to 5pm. All other amenities remained closed. Now, I am no trust fund baby so I work every day to enjoy the things I pay for. 4th west is nearly $800 more than the surrounding apartments with in a 4 mile radius. The amenities were what justified the price tag. However, management sent out a email that falsified the reasons behind restricted hours and the amenities that would remained closed. After receiving the email, claiming that the restrictions were following the CDC and Health Department mandatory regulations, I began researching local and federal mandates set in place that may affect the closure of apartment amenities. I couldn't find any legitimizing evidence of this claim so I made a call to management. Hoping to come up with a plan that would work for both parties, I discovered that the underlying reasoning was simply designed by the "risk management team" who found the totality of their tenants living situation to be outweighed by the additional cleaning costs. I was denied my requested for a concession on rent and Greystar's formidable greed will continue to tarnish their companies reputation. Here is an example of a socially responsible company: Shravan Parsi, CEO and founder of American Ventures, stated “At the end of the day, renters are paying for the totality of their living situation. If there is a definable charge that can be pointed to for amenities or other items they are no longer able to access then I think it makes sense to make that concession.”
The apartments have been really nice to live here in such a tough time. There have been so many things that we use to be able to do more of, but are starting to come back for us to do. Thanks and keep providing more of to do.
The trains get to be a little much sometimes but overall happy at 4th West! It’s an activity community that cares. Does a lot for their tenants and is a nice okay to stay.
Overall, the experience living here has been excellent. I do feel over the last year some of the amenities have not been maintained the way they were in the past. In addition, I do think the equipment and tv’s in the workout room should have direct tv to provide some options when working out.
Can’t beat the Gym, Pool, or on-site market. Aside from the thin ceilings (hearing every movement happening above your unit) I can’t think of any other complaints.
I love living at 4th West. Fantastic amenities and staff. Apartments are truly luxury. The location is really great too and having a grocery store in the building is so convienent.
The community is amazing, from the staff to most of the residents. We miss having the events! Being able to come together and connect with each other was always a great experience
while the amenities are great here, the noise is something that you cannot get away with. Also, the management will do their best to charge you with different fees whenever possible, without giving you any notice! And the worst thing is that during the COVID-19, we were being charged the same as before while most amenities were closed!
This was my dream apartment and I'm so grateful I'm here! I'm so excited to wake up everyday living the dream! My income and productivity has improved by living here, thank you!