9 on Canal

4.3

4.3

I've lived at 9 on Canal for two years now. Although it is a pricey area I love the neighborhood being right next to the canal as well as being walking distance to downtown and a grocery store. I also like the amenities it offers. I'm a little disappointed the pool has not been open yet and it's coming to the end of summer.
I love living here but I wish that the amenities were open! There have been some growing pains with the new management company that I hope are smoothed out soon.
The on-site staff is wonderful, especially Austin. There are some nice amenities, such as the dog park, which are very beneficial to many of the residents. It's in a wonderful location and the residents are also very nice. I love having Quills coffee on the first floor, and having a parking garage really helps with keeping my car functioning in winter weather. However, we have had some pretty significant problems with Hayes-Gibson, the new property company that acquired the building. Thankfully, the staff here have been helping us sort out issues with them.
It is nice place to live in terms of the proximity to my work place (IU), fully furnished rooms, access to the canal, and good neighbors. The staff responds very quickly to my requests.
9 on Canal itself is great. Love our apartment, the location, and the amenities (when open). Even the staff is great, especially our maintenance and Austin. But, the property management group is terrible. Refuses to approve fix broken amenities, etc. If a new (and better) property management company comes in, I could easily give them 5 stars again.
This is a fun place to live and nice to have the canal right there. The only downfall is the change in management with no improvement and maintenance that doesnt respond quickly
Overall it was a decent stay, due to covid amenities were shut down for a while. Loved the view for it and proximity of downtown. If it was a bit cheaper I wouldn't mind staying again.
I wished I didn’t moved here durning Covid-19, but I truly enjoy living here. So its been hard to meet people but I like the amenities and Quills coffee shop is always a plus. The staff are incredible and the local is convenient as well.
We have lived at 9 on Canal for almost two years. I love the location being right next to the canal. I also enjoy all the amenities that are provided.
1 star
I am pretty upset that we have not had any recycling for the past few months, and no one felt the need to let us know about that?! I had absolutely no idea. No one told us ANYTHING, and the recycling signs have been posted this entire time. I would have found another way to recycle if I would have known. I honestly feel lied to, and I am disgusted with the complete disregard for the environment.