Alden Park Apartments

Alden Park is the best!! From the lobby to the apartments. Spectacular! And the leasing assistants are more than welcoming and made this moving experience one to remember.
Very kind staff. I would like it if communications with them were more open/responsive (such as when work orders are put on hold) but overall no complaints. Would love to see more parking (and parking enforcement) in the future.
Pros Amenities Cons Never any parking Maintenance Pool not 24hr for residents Power shut offs throughout day Difficulties with key fob!!
Alden park is a beautiful complex with lots of charm. The apartments, however, are dated and have issues related to this. The new management has done a good job of being responsive to issues and keeping residents informed, but that doesn't mean that issues are resolved quickly. I had no hot water for a month early this year, which made for a miserable time (particularly when the heat goes out so often.) If you're looking for an affordable place to live with good amenities, Alden Park may be great for you. I personally will be looking for a less aged living space in the future.
The most beautiful place I been so far. I stayed at many place it was either one or two things that will make me dislike the place just second guess it. Here at Alden Park. It’s a extreme “homey” feel and a long time coming.
Issues with hot water and garbage not being removed from stairwells. Bike seat was stolen off my bike that was locked on a bike rack in the parking lot. Constant problems finding my packages in the package room - it got so bad I am now sending my packages to my boyfriend's apartment and he's bringing them to me because I lost so many items/never found in package room.
Over priced. Work orders take forever to be completed. A/C and heater units are a mess and you can't control the temperature of your own room. The pipes are so old that you can't install a garbage disposal, and as a result the sink always gets clogged. Package room is a mess. There is mo easy entrance to move furniture in or out.
Beautiful apartments! You will not get a more space in the City with amazing architecture and features. However, if you live in the Kenilworth building, it’s treated like a step child - it is not cleaned as often as Manor and the maintenance is slow to respond. There is no office in our building and we are the furthest building away. Also to have guests and not have their cars towed is a big thing there is no visitor or easy parking for guests so it is hard to entertain or have people over.
I moved in a month ago. I love my studio! It’s got great light, and lots of closet space. The appliances are modern, and so far everything ( heat, water, electricity, etc...) has worked really well. There was one building wide fire alarm that seemed to be a false alarm, and I’m having a hard time confirming my rent payment through the rent cafe online platform. Overall, I’m happy I moved here, and have met some very nice people in the hallways.
The building and grounds are lovely. The apartments themselves are nice. My poor experience starts with the lack of basic things that should come with renting. Things such as heat and air conditioning, plumbing issues that are unresolved, lack of water...hot or cold at times, not being able to get in the building because key fobs don't work, changing my mailbox key without my knowledge, and gates to the parking lot that don't operate correctly. I don't understand why these things are a constant problem. I feel bad for your maintenance people. How can they possibly keep up? It seems that you are trying but when you can't get a return phone call or update, it makes me feel like nobody cares. I think that we should get breaks on rent when you are months without A/C or interruptions of heat, power, apartment access, and water. It would show some sympathy. I hear the same thing from every resident in the halls or elevators. This place has such potential but money needs to be put into it as necessary. Not being able to provide basic human needs to tenants is a violation of our contracts.