Brandon Oaks Apartments

Not impressed actually not having a good experience. Thought things was different at this apartments and there not. Thanks fees they charge to pay your rent online is outrageous and the way the staff is with you changes after you move in.
So bad we have had assaults with cop investigation, cussed out by other tenants dor stopping their fist fight, underage kids off the street (non tenants) drink and yell late at night and all with no help from management. it is not safe to live here
So serene and peaceful! I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. I love it here! Everyone speaks and mind their own business. I don’t have any complaints at all. :-)
I’ve asked for my home to be sprayed for roaches several times and it hasn’t happened. Raccoons and Opossums are always tearing up and spreading trash people leave outside. Neighbors are always screaming and fighting. The pool is tiny and overcrowded.
1 star
Where do I begin. First of all the reviews looked ok but I did not do my research right. We moved in from another state because my job transfered us here. it was kind of a rush. I was promised my apartment would be ready after we arrived from Chicago. The assistant was on duty that day and nope, my apartment was not ready. We had to wait. A couple of days after we arrived, the closet door falls on me and hits my shoulder. No apology really just please submit a work order to get it fixed. A few weeks later the sink over flows. I called and emailed and they said they would be at the apartment within a few minutes. Not the case as it took a couple of hours. The response from the manager was simply that we shouldn't worry, let it damage our stuff and the renters insurance can cover it. Never mind we had sentimental items that can't be replaced, like letters, and special toys of our daughters. Oh and the mold, I guess that wouldn't be a problem. We had grabbed a bucket to continue removing the water that would not stop overflowing my husband hurt his back. The location of the apartment is in the back we get to see a bunch of bugs and insects and yes they crawl into the apartment. The apartment is located next to the garbage and it stinks. and the raccoons come out at nigh.There is trash every where. stray cats and some that owners allow to go out. They cats are in heat and meow and scream all night. There was a leak and they just quickly patch it up. What about mold growing? Our second bathroom has black stuff on it in the toilet tank and bowl I can not seem to get ride of it. There is a bar in the corner that is called Tony's Tavern open from 11 am to 2 am--Ridiculously loud . The walls are so thin in these apartments. The website says within walking distance of stores etc. Nothing is in walking distance and it is extremly dangerous cars zoom by. There are no side walks. You cant really make a left without worrying about getting hit by a car, and there will be no walking, guaranteed. Also, there are no stop signs or lights when you try to make a turn. I want to avoid anyone else falling for their lies: DON'T TAKE ANYONES WORD read your contract before signing and ask questions. I trusted the assisstants word, and he either lied on purpose, or just didn't care enough to explain what it really meant.He stated, if you would terminated your lease early, you only pay around $800. We wanted to leave two months before our lease was up and I called just to clarify to make sure that was the only amount I would owe. Nope not the case, if I left I would have owed the rest of the two months rent plus the $805. I told the manager, it makes no sense, why should I pay you extra if my lease is up in two months. I explained to her what happened and reminded her she was not the one who I signed my lease with, as her argument was she tells people all the time, it's more likely that I misunderstood. Problem being, she didn't explain it, the assistant did and it was a misleading explanation. She said she would try and talk to management. Days went by with no response which if you really care about your tenants they would have either called or emailed letting me know she had no answer yet. I was the one that had to keep calling to check. Here is what i think of this place: The property manager is decent she atleast tries. The assiatan does not care at all. Maintance and landscaping are great they really try but this complex needs more maintanmnce people. The rent here is high and not worth the price, the location is very poor, and actually dangerous.
1 star
brandon oaks is in the ghetto and it is ungated and there is no survaillance so people smoke pot in the laundry room and break into cars and commit aggravated assaults not safe not ok.
my time here has been hell because of my upstairs neighbors. Plus moving in was a little on the shady side. I was shown & quoted one price and apartment location and was expected to live and pay a total different price.
Refuse to replace outdated equipment & appliances. Old apt increasing high rent with no updated amenities. No security cameras. Break-ins...
There is no drop box for rent some people have jobs that prohibit them from being able to make it in during office hours. Also when you come home past 9 pm you can not find parking spaces. So your only option I jave been told is pay for covered parking. There was nothing management can do about it. Kinda a poor excuse if you ask me.
I don't feel like this is a safe community! There has been gun shots going off at night. They wake you up from not just how load, but how close they sound. My car got broken into. They no longer have camers up around the pool area are washing buildings. It is not safe!!