Colorado Pointe Apartments

1 star
FIRE ALARMS - all.the.time! The obvious problem. Also, it seems with each new management company the property goes downhill. The common areas are not clean. The trash area is a mess always, which I believe is causing a rodent problem. The mail area is also always a mess with leaves all over still from the fall. The halls and stairwells have trash. The garbage cans outside always overflowing. The doors throughout the building stick or don't open properly, also some do not lock so it's a security issue. The office is less than enthusiastic when things are brought to their attention. I don't think anyone is monitoring parking and anyone with or without a pass is parking anywhere - for those paying to park that is unfair. The list is long and it seems to be growing....
little pros and a lot of cons. New mgt is trying but she seems to hit a lot of roadblocks and things dont progress very well. The trash room looks like a third world country and I imagine it has to do with the number of people moving out and throwing a lot away.
The quality of this complex has sadly decreased over the 4 years I’ve lived here. The fire alarms go off regularly at all times of the day and night, the entrance to the garage does not have proper snow and ice removal and I have gotten stuck trying to get into the garage (in a truck with 4x4). The hot tub hasn’t been maintained for the majority of winter and looks like they have just drained it instead of cleaning it. the garage door has been stuck open for days at a time which opens the garage up to anyone.
My apartment is too dark, filled with spiders and faced to pool where people get drunk and smoke marijuana. That’s smell comes to us every time when we open the windows, so we try to keep it close. My little daughter have to observe a lot of things that I am terrified about and they not giving us any option than to stay on the first floor.
Typically unresponsive to wider issues such as a fire alarm that has been malfunctioning for literal years and has yet to be fixed. Fire safety is a basic amenity that should take priority over restocking sanitary wipes in the gym which seemingly only happens once every few months. The staff are all quite nice and helpful which leads me to assume the problem is and always has been upper management.
Management tries their best, maintenance is subpar, and if you need to contact cooperate, don’t hold your breath. We love our apartment and that’s about all we love about living here.
First 8 months or so were really rocky. Newest manager (they seem to turnover fast in this industry) has done a nice job so far and I am hopeful that I will continue to see improvements.
The apartment and response to the actual apartment issues has been great. The staff seems to do what they can to help. Both my roommate and I had our cars broken into though. Someone attempted to steal my scooter and my bike was bike stolen. We are have been told there's security, but have never seen any or had anything to give to cops. Also our shared spaces are often out of order ( even prior to this pandemic) or simply not useful (such as the computer with printer).
Community.. amazing and up and coming. Apartment itself.. lovely, me and my roommate love our space. Gym - brought the rating down. It is too small for the complex and multiple machines break and are not fixed for a while (leg press has been out of commission for 3 months now). I feel the common room could be changed into the gym since it is bigger and no one is ever in there. The common room and hallways are dark and uninviting. Mail/Packages - they are working on it and it is getting better, but still hard to get your packages after office hours on some occasions. Fire Alarms - happen frequently and we just get an email saying "we are looking into it." Pool was cleaner this year but could be cleaned more often. Management changes often and its hard to build a rapport with anyone - some have serious attitudes and I try to avoid the office when they are working - others are kind and approachable.
Well maintained, affordable and quiet. Friendly staff. Only issue is with the reoccurring false fire alarms which will hopefully be resolved soon.