Really nice and quiet. However maintenance can improve and the lack of parking is annoying. Also towing is hardly enforced for people who pay for premium spots.

Love the quiet and relaxed community but I Hope I’ll be able to move units (Third floor) next year because I can constantly hear the people above and below me.

I love living here! The staff is awesome and the fact that you can just pay your rent through Resident’s Portal is super convenient. The only downside is that maintenance takes a while to get requests done which can be a bit annoying. Other than that it’s great!

Reply from Dakota Ranch

I enjoy living at this complex so much, I renewed one of the first chances I got! I love all the events the complex puts on as well.. It is nice to feel apart of a community at Dakota Ranch!

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Everyone is really nice and I have few complaints. The front office staff is nice and easily work with you. I just wish the online system in terms of payment was more manageable in that it could do with being more accurate when you're not paying like normal, when you're doing the financial aid addendum, etc.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Management annoying af when you actually need them for something. The building I moved into was dirty. The trees and brush around my building are covered with trash.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Great area. Its so peaceful and pleasant. Our neighbors are friendly and the furniture is surprisingly comfortable. I am in love with my new home!

Reply from Dakota Ranch

The maintenance could be quicker at responding to my requests. It is quiet at sometimes but my neighbors are so noisy :/ I enjoy seeing the baby kittens every morning. They are so cute

Reply from Dakota Ranch

So far it has been decent. Our dryer is final somewhat working and the apartment was painted. The staff has worked with us to get that done. However the dryer still needs to be worked on.

Super excited to move in next year and can’t wait to feel at home! I loved touring and thought this was one of the best apartments san marcos has to offer.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Good sized living space decent living room furniture, bad bed and could use a bit of a renovation maybe a ceiling fan in the living room and the resealing of all cracks and crevices

Reply from Dakota Ranch

So far has been great, been here for about 3 mo the apartments are clean, Many friendly residents and office staff. I can see myself staying here until I graduate in 2022.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

I really enjoy living here because of the natural environment and the surroundings. The only reason I would not rate my experience here at 5 stars is because the management isn’t too great. Nothing is ready on time or done when it is said it’s supposed to. Everyone is really nice and helpful and it’s a great community. My puppy also enjoys the dog park extremely.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Everybody is very responsive to problems I might have. The community feels like a real community, not just a gathering of people who needed a roof.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

I like the quiet of my apartment but the place seems run down and uncared for. The furniture that I leased seems used and worn and has paint on it. It’s seems like the place was have done when I moved in.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Maintenance is quick and attentive! Staff is super friendly. Only downside is the stray cats, but there’s not much to be done about that. Other than that, I love my experience here so far!

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Apartment was in NO condition to move in on my move-in date and it took an extra 3 days for them to finish my unit so I could move in. After my unit was in okay condition (which it should have been in from the beginning) and I got all my stuff moved in, it was very easy to take to the quiet and nice community surrounding my apartment. Although my experience was awful in the beginning, I am loving DR!

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Apartment complex is really great in the sense that we have a lot of amenities like a pool, a basketball court, a gym and much more. However, I wish there were more community events.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

My apartment was not move in ready, but overall it is not bad. Appliances like stove and dishwasher were not installed as well as paint was splattered on the floor. The balcony's view is superb, however, and the couches are real comfy. Just wish it came with curtains because this morning sun kills my sleeping in.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

The people on staff here are super friendly and caring which makes it enjoyable to live here. I also love the events that they put on at Dakota Ranch!

Reply from Dakota Ranch

The apartment is in a quiet area and it is an overall good experience with friendly staff. The gates are sadly not working correctly but the staff told that they're working on it.

It’s been okay. It’s nice and quiet. People are pretty friendly but that’s about it. There’s not much going on. It’s pretty boring. And there are a ton of bugs like scorpions and roaches.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Excellent living accommodations. The staff is extremely friendly. After moving away 3 years ago, I came back. I definitely recommend dakota ranch for students.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

Move in was a horrible experience. Nothing had been done to prepare the apartment for a new resident. I had to delay my move in so they could bring painters in and clean the unit. There is a horrendous smell coming from my kitchen sink that they cannot seem to fix. It took them weeks to even acknowledge that there was a smell and a problem that needed to be looked at. The problem was never solved.

Reply from Dakota Ranch

I love this community! I think my favorite part is the fact that it’s gated, because I feel much safer in my apartment. I also love the staff at the front office, they are always so nice & more than willing to help!