Overall a nice place to live in a unique location. However, for the price there were issues that bothered me: parking gate constantly breaking, trash build-up despite a monthly valet fee. Should be a better system for recycling: provide clear bags that are requested or provide special blue bins like the black ones. Sometimes it felt the dogs got too much special treatment, even though they were not paying as much rent as the people. A nice thing about the place is it is very good for accommodating ADA issues and people of all ages. The management company seems to have a lot of little things hidden in the lease and in their policies that made me feel cheated or trapped sometimes. I've heard mixed cases of people saying they never want to leave but have also seen a lot of people move in and out. The pool is nice but you only get sun in the middle of the day. The staff does as much as they can to communicate and please residents, so it is probably Greystar company that ended up in me dropping a star from a 4.5 rating to 3.5. Staff and maintenance friendliness is 5 stars, especially when Clay was there.

I moved in right around New Years, when I think a lot of people had a rough night. The common areas were cleaned up within a few days which was fine. The only problem I have is the front door to the building was broken, and now seems to be catching/propped most of the time which isn't the safest. Only other complaint would be noise from apartment to apartment, which I'm not sure there is a solution to post-construction. One suggestion I would have for the future would be to have more of a designated business area for printing/working/studying. Other than that, I love the neighborhood, love the apartment, love the staff. The dog community is the best. Can't wait to try out the pool!

Reply from Elan City Center

Elan City Center has been such a great place to live! The community and the people are awesome and the facility is modern and up-to-date. The staff has been friendly and so easy to work with!

Reply from Elan City Center

I am very happy to live here. The location and the value are great, and I am satisfied with how quickly staff/maintenance are able to help me.

Reply from Elan City Center

This is a great location, a very friendly staff and nice amenities, especially the gym. The downside is the extra $45/month for smart upgrades, as there is no nest included like many places.

Reply from Elan City Center

Experience thus far has been great, I was unable to get the upgraded door and best features without a significant upcharge which has been a bummer. Every other aspect has been great!

Reply from Elan City Center

What's not to love about living here? The amenities are great, the people are friendly, the location/neighborhood can't be beat, we got great value on our rent, and my living room window overlooks the cutest doggos at the dog park. I love Elan!

Reply from Elan City Center

Elan City Center is located within a great neighborhood. The staff is friendly and the other residents are wonderful. Since I just moved to Raleigh, it has been a great place to meet good friends and live downtown.

Reply from Elan City Center

It has been a great place to live. I wish I could attend more of the events but I am very impressed with the staff and their ability to come up with fun ideas.

Reply from Elan City Center

We love calling Elan City Center home! From the location to the amenities, it has everything we need and more. The staff is incredibly kind and welcoming.

Reply from Elan City Center

Quiet neighbors. Staff and maintenance are very responsive to problems. The new digital upgrades to the units are a nice touch that's needed to compete with newer complexes popping up around downtown

Reply from Elan City Center

There are so many great things about living here! Perfect location, great views and the other residents are so friendly (even the furry ones)! Just wish there weren't so many maintenance issues (parking gate, trash compactor, blinds in the units, entry door handle, etc.... Their poor maintenance guy has been on his own for at least a month now.... I hope he hangs in there! They need to prioritize hiring another person.

Reply from Elan City Center

I have checked so many places, and Elan with its facilities, location, and staff is the best :) I didn’t know that there was that much to do in Raleigh before coming across this place. Glad I live here and would never consider finding another place.

Reply from Elan City Center

Overall it is a nice apartment community. I like the location. It is walkable to downtown and glenwood south. The walls and floors are thin. I can hear people above me and next to me. Also there is a lot of trash overflowing in the trashroom and in the dog bins. I like the resident events and the residents are very friendly. There are older residents here so it is not as lively.

Reply from Elan City Center

Love this community. It continues to exceed my expectations year after year and while I probably should consider investing in a home soon, I will likely stay here as ECC has set the standard of living so high!

Reply from Elan City Center

I recently moved in, after looking at over 20 apartments... Elan City Center has it all for me. The location, the amenities, the feeling of coming home when I walk in the building. The Staff is has made it the best experience I have had living in an apartment. They always greet you with a smile, friendly, they go out of their way to make sure it’s your best living experience, very professional, organized, responsive, fun community events to bring all together.

Reply from Elan City Center

I just moved here two weeks ago and so far so good. Sara, the leasing agent has been beyond helpful and made the experience great. There were a few issues in actual apartment that the maintenance were quick to fix. Looking forward to leaving here!

Reply from Elan City Center

I have had a great experience here! The staff is fantastic and always responds quickly. The biggest improvement we could have would be around maintenance requests. Though appliances are expensive to replace, rent is high enough that we should not have to make multiple requests for the same broken appliances.

Reply from Elan City Center

It’s a great community. Our building is beautiful and well maintained, and we have the best apartment managers and maintenance team. Amenities like the pool, gym, grills, and package lockers are icing on the cake.

Reply from Elan City Center

Living at Elan City Center gives you great access to everything in Downtown Raleigh. The apartment community is thriving and welcoming. The apartment staff, is always very responsive and helpful!

Reply from Elan City Center

I love this community and especially the location. The staff is always there to help in every way possible. I feel well taken care of and listened to!

Reply from Elan City Center

The Elan is a wonderful apartment complex. The apartments are beautifully designed with quality construction and appliances. There are great amenities for residents to use and it is well maintained and clean. The front office staff and maintenance are always incredibly helpful, friendly, and prompt to answer any questions or concerns.

Reply from Elan City Center

This is the best apartment building I’ve ever lived in. It’s super dog friendly and the residents are very nice too. The place had the feel of living outside of a city and yet it is located within downtown Raleigh.

Reply from Elan City Center

Elan City Center is a beautiful place to live, located in a peaceful and convenient area, very close to everything downtown and the community is friendly!

Reply from Elan City Center

I couldn't recommend Elan City Center more! Not only is it in the best location of Raleigh, being walking distance from the heart of downtown, Person Street and Seaboard, the building itself is amazing! From the amenities, residents, and of course the staff, living here has be nothing short of great!!