Ellicott House Apartments

Very friendly staff. Beautiful amenities and great neighborhood. Very reasonable price for what you get. The new upgrades to the halls and foyer are nice too.
I’ve had a great experience living here so far. There was a quick lease mishap, but other than that, it has been a great experience. The amenities are great. It has been kept very clean. The front desk staff is awesome!
My suggestion is that the pool should be heated to 85 degrees which is the standard recreational indoor temperature. I went into the pool and it was so cold. Up until recently the Ellicot House has advertised as having a dog run. Clearly this building is a dog friendly building with lots of canine occupants. I like the idea of a community garden and, I see there are two small boxes with some beginnings. However, one of the things I was most excited about moving here was the dog run. As I have examined and analyzed the common areas it seems to me that there is absolutely room for both being; the dog run and the community garden. Not only would me and my pooch would benefit but I believe that all the many residents with dogs would greatly appreciate and enjoy a dog run. Management should also make things less difficult when moving in. I have had some very unprofessional experiences here so far sadly.
I have lived here for almost 6 months. When I first moved in I was NEVER told that construction was about to begin. What a nightmare. It was very dishonest and is true regarding everything in this building sadly. I was told there was a heated pool and there was not. (False advertisement in my opinion) Apparently it was fixed but yet again it’s broke. I sent an email again about this. The locker rooms by the pool look like a jail cell shower of some sorts. The lower level bathrooms are falling apart, with water marks and rust. They cared about a nice lobby and failed to fix anything that actually matters to the people living here. Chipped paint all over the elevator areas. Carpets, laundry rooms all need attention. Many times the washing machines are not working. I’ve never gotten my pool pass yet I’ve asked for it 2 times since March. My floors carpets were just recently cleaned after I sent pics to the VP Mary Beth of Highmark. They were horrid like many of the halls. It’s smoke in mirrors here. We used to have fresh brewed coffee when I moved in. I was told by the manager Joao we were getting a professional one like we had many years ago here after the phase regarding the pandemic we are in. That sadly was also not true. Management seems to make things a bit harder than they have to be and seems to be worn thin like they do not have enough assistance. I recently along with my cousin were treated absolutely horrible and in the most unprofessional way you can think of by a leasing agent downstairs. Screamed at us, very aggressive and slamming doors in the lobby. I took a video of this. The leasing agent even came up to my floor and yelled, “I know where you live b word” after I left the hostile situation. Highmark never actually apologized to me they said it was a personal issue yet they apologized to my cousin but not me who is a new resident here in a different unit. I said out loud to them I’ll accept your apology on the person’s behalf (their chance to say YES we so apologize... Yet they did not) They fail to make all staff dress professionally for work and still often staff are not wearing masks in the building. Gayle is friendly, maintenance is great! There are lots of vacancies and prices are down. The pool is FREEZING!!!!!!! Make sure to complain about that and test the temperature yourself. With all we pay we deserve it! The front desk concierge is usually missing in action making guests and deliveries wait James is great as a concierge. They often do not make people show ID when they sign in as they say. The mail room is a mess. Tv NOT on and doors always open. So again sadly not another good review. Not much has changed since I moved in but I am sure it will be all addressed especially the old pool and safety issues. (Excuse any typos)
it’s been a good experience! the building is super clean and in a great location. it’s in a very walkable area (lots of things around). the staff is very nice and helpful!
The staff is always polite, professional and a pleasure to deal with. One of the best apartment units that I have ever lived in. The building is kept clean & in working order at all times. I am always smiling when I get back home and enter the lobby.
I have lived at the Ellicott Apartment for almost 5 years and I had really enjoyed my time staying here. The neighborhood is very safe and peaceful.
I have really enjoyed living at Ellicott House for the last four years. The staff is helpful and kind, and the amenities are wonderful. The rent has always been a bit high for me, but I recgonize that is comprable to other places in this area. Overall I enjoy Ellicott House a great deal.
People are nice and the new renovations look good, but the restricted use of amenities (not even COVID related) is frustrating. Additionally, the fire pit hasn’t worked in years. Still, it’s got a good community and great location for WCL students!
The front office staff are very helpful and responsive. If you are having issues, they truly work to make sure they get resolved and you are enjoying your housing experience.