Ellicott House Apartments

I have had an interesting living experience at the Ellicott House. There has been times where I do not enjoy my experience because of employees in the leasing office. Their negative interactions with me have not made this a good experience these last year.
Hallways carpets and walls are very stained and old, which is embarrassing for invited guests to see:( Not very much upkeep in general- the doorknobs in the back patio have been gone for over 3 months now! Other than that, very happy!
In a non-smoking bldg there continues to be a lingering smell of marijuana. Pot smokers outside sneak into the stairwell/back entrance to try and hide it. Some work orders get checked off as completed, but never get done. Web portal is a SNAFU.
Had issues with moving, i.e. not being able to use the service elevator we reserved. We received a notice for marijuana smell on our tier, even though we had just moved in and made us feel harassed for something that clearly was not us. Slowly adjusting to the new place.
I have been a resident at Ellicott House since 2016. I came in after residents were contacted about moving to a renovated apartment but before the apartment I was about to rent was renovated. I would like my carpet to be taken up and replaced with the wood flooring of the renovated apartments -
All ok. New resident. First month overlaps with COVID-19 lock down. Eldest son keeping eye on apartment while I am out of country. A little cumbersome in getting things taken care of quickly due to self- isolation mandate.
suggestions made to management not passed on. Notely the fee paid when you charge your rent is at ursury rates $50. everywhere else it at the most $15. No bank in the united states charge that kind of processing fee. Second requested that American Express be one of the card we can use
I like the cleanness of the building and how professional are the office people. At this early beginning people seem to be respectful and nice.
I haven't moved in just yet but my move in experience thus far, such as filling out the lease, having questions answered and what-not have been awesome! Management has been extremely nice and helpful!
Apartments are spacious and the available amenities both in the building and individual apartments are satisfactory. So far I've enjoyed living here.