I have had an interesting living experience at the Ellicott House. There has been times where I do not enjoy my experience because of employees in the leasing office. Their negative interactions with me have not made this a good experience these last year.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Hallways carpets and walls are very stained and old, which is embarrassing for invited guests to see:( Not very much upkeep in general- the doorknobs in the back patio have been gone for over 3 months now! Other than that, very happy!

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I have been a resident at Ellicott House since 2016. I came in after residents were contacted about moving to a renovated apartment but before the apartment I was about to rent was renovated. I would like my carpet to be taken up and replaced with the wood flooring of the renovated apartments -

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Had issues with moving, i.e. not being able to use the service elevator we reserved. We received a notice for marijuana smell on our tier, even though we had just moved in and made us feel harassed for something that clearly was not us. Slowly adjusting to the new place.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

In a non-smoking bldg there continues to be a lingering smell of marijuana. Pot smokers outside sneak into the stairwell/back entrance to try and hide it. Some work orders get checked off as completed, but never get done. Web portal is a SNAFU.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

suggestions made to management not passed on. Notely the fee paid when you charge your rent is at ursury rates $50. everywhere else it at the most $15. No bank in the united states charge that kind of processing fee. Second requested that American Express be one of the card we can use

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I haven't moved in just yet but my move in experience thus far, such as filling out the lease, having questions answered and what-not have been awesome! Management has been extremely nice and helpful!

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Apartments are spacious and the available amenities both in the building and individual apartments are satisfactory. So far I've enjoyed living here.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Nice place and staff. Older building so I've had to submit a lot of maintenance requests. However, requests are taken care of very quickly. Gym is also very warm and could use some more weights..

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Ellicott house has been good so far, for the two months we have been here. The rent is reasonable, the apartment is spacious for a one bedroom, and all utilities are included. The location is also convenient, only a 10 minute walk from the Van Ness stop.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I like the cleanness of the building and how professional are the office people. At this early beginning people seem to be respectful and nice.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Heater and water heat could be more stable. Love the coffee at the lobby. Have only been here for about 2 months so will update when appropriate!

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

My experience has been great so far, but I do wish staff were more accommodating. I struggled with moving and incurred extra expenses due to staff in the leasing office and did not receive a refund

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Overall it's a pleasant living community. Staff are friendly and approachable, and maintenance is efficient. Leasing office could be a little more available and needs to improve their marketing but overall, pleased!

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I would recommend the Ellicot House to others. Everyone is polite and my issues are fixed in a timely manner. I enjoy the environment and distance it is from school. I especially enjoy the friendliness of the concierge.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

The apartment community is very nice. No problems with anyone living in my building and all of the workers are amazing. The amenities are amazing as well.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Plus: the apartment comes with a heated indoor pool. The gym is cleaned every day. Shared W/D on each floor are said to be cleaned every day.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I love the fitness center and the walls are soundproof but smoke from other apartments has been seeping into my apartment even when my windows and door is closed. The apartment has been very helpful in sealing the door and walls and providing an air purifier but the smell still gets through.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

The staff is attentive and friendly. Everyone always greets you with a smile and complete service requests in a timely manner. I only wish the building had a ramp for me to roll my luggage and grocery carts up and down.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I enjoy the community and the location . I love we have a gym, I am there almost everyday. we have great staff, work gets done with a great period of time. Only problem is some people that lies on the community isn't very nice which can become uncomfortable.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

apartment amenities are good. service is fast. just need to know whether we have community/social gathering and that will make it best place in this area.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Overall the living experience has been wonderful, the staff is great. They are very responsive when I need help or assistance when responding to an issue.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

This is a very secure community. The gym is a great asset that we have. I love the neighborhood and always try to do a daily walk in the afternoon.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

This is a nice place to live. I like people and neighborhood. However, there are still some things to be improved such as gym for example. There is very nice barbecue place but it works only untill 8 PM which is also not very convenient.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Building is mostly good - recycling area could be cleaner. Staff is nice. I like my apt. but the shower is not great. It's move that coffee is served.