Flats at West Village

1 star
I am not going to lie. I was not impressed with the service I received. The major issue is the lack of reliability from the service desk people. There are multiple occasions where they said they would complete a task and they just dont do it. If you need something done, you have pester them constantly before it gets done. Not only that, they will tell you that they will follow up with you but they NEVER do. It is unbelievable how confident they sound that they can address a particular matter just for you to find out that they have not done it. I had to call at least 10 times in the span of 1 week just to get my lease date moved. I wouldn't mind if they couldn't move it, but I do mind if they tell me that is has been moved when it hasn't. If I did not follow up constantly, I would be trying to move in to an appartment that was not mine due to misinformation. I would not spend my time writing this if I did not think they can improve from this feedback. It took a lot of patience to remain calm during this leasing process. I understand that this pandemic changes things, but the poor communication was extremely unprofessional to say the least. There was even a time I called 4 times with my cellphone and I received no answer, but I had my mother call from her cell and it was picked on the first ring. I did not want to believe they were dodging my calls but that is what it looks like. I had a very bad experience and I hope to never have to deal with similar issues again. Other than that, the appartment looks beautiful and was clean. The gym and pool looked good too. The place is boarder line perfect. My only issue is with the service desk who answers the phone. They need to either explain to the customer that the request cannot be completed (which is perfectly fine!) Or actually DO what they said they will do.
I really liked the amenities and how clean the facilities are. During the application process my mom fell in love with the building and immediately said I should live there
Overall experience is pretty decent. The location is great for anyone who wants to be close to UVA grounds/medical center. The staff is very friendly and maintenance is also very nice.
Staying at the Flats at West Village has been nothing but satisfying, and I lived there with ease. The employees and other work staff at the village really made it a hospitable place.
quite noisy recently. There are people playing music loud at midnight and the railway makes me sleeping badly sometimes. I think they need to fix a new window which has better performance in blocking sound for the residents.
I am beyond excited to live here next year. The amenities look incredible and the people are so kind. I think this will be a great part of my college experience.
A really good place to live, however, the coffee machine never working, the printer never with ink, the internet sometimes slow, if we have to be always on date wit payments, at least you can be always on date with your services
I loved the sense of community at the Flats. The pool and hot tub were also a lot of fun but were closed a lot or broken which was unfortunate. Also maintenance was slow initially but got better later.
I love all the officers here. You are cute, friendly, helpful, professional and thoughtful. I won't renew my lease for complicated personal reasons and sorry that I didn't have the chance to tell the officers those words in person.
I didn't leave there this past year, but my friend did. I always looked forward to hanging out in the Flats study room and sleeping over on her couch! I liked it so much that I'm living there next year.