Flats at West Village
4 stars637 Reviews

I absolutely LOVE the Flats and plan on living here for the rest of my time as a student at UVA. The management team really shows that they care about us not only through quick responses to emails and work orders but also through pop-up surprises for residents (cookouts at the pool, energy drinks for finals, treats on Halloween, Valentine's Day, Easter, etc.). In addition, everyone in this community is so kind. I would highly recommend this apartment complex to anyone looking for a place to live in Charlottesville!
Love the space, great amenities, way too loud for people living on the pool deck, fire alarm goes off too often in the middle of the night. Management team works hard to provide welcoming opportunities to residents, but ignores complains about noise and issues.
The Flats is a great apartment complex. They have really nice amenities and great staff! I especially like the pool and gym, and the location is great as it has many close food options.
The random fire-alarms in the middle of the night have stopped this spring which was great! however, for the majority of the spring the elevators were broken without any set date they would be back up and running or clear communications on maintenance progress. This was frustrating as I lived on the 9th floor and greatly impacted my ability to buy the groceries I wanted (had to buy lighter items). Otherwise, the flats have been a great place to live with lots of fun giveaways to bolster the community. The pool was open year-round and has been really great place to study and hang out and I appreciate the upkeep of amenities!
Overall like the complex but am frustrated with some of the facilities. The elevators are frequently broken. Is there any way to make the hot tub at the pool warmer?
I love the place so far the area is great and the location is perfect for me I just don’t know where I’d be if it wasent for the flats apartments
Some amenities offered are unique to other options in the Charlottesville area and are fairly nice but sometimes can be seen as a little run down to be considered "luxury". The location being near the hospital can be noisy occasionally but it's nice to in walking distance of much of what Charlottesville has to offer.
Living in the Flats has been a relatively great experience. I feel welcomes here, there is many different amenities that enhanced the living experience and my roommates and I have loved it.
Good amenities. The gym and recreational center are amazing. I definitely do not know what I would do with them during COVID. Staff is always willing to help.
I really love the new management team! Everyone is super helpful and quick to answer any questions that my roommates and I have. I am excited about all of the amenities as well, and everyone is very friendly!!