Flats at West Village

love it here!! all the rooms are super spacious (bathrooms, actual rooms, living area, kitchen, etc). the staff in the leasing office are super nice!
I've had a pretty good time here. Upon arrival, there were several complications with my apartment, some of which are still not fixed, but the issues my roommates and I have had are mostly resolved and were done so in a semi-timely manner.
It has been pretty good so far. I like the outside courtyard because it's a nice place to hangout or study. My room gets a lot of good natural light, but the noise gets a bit loud sometimes.
I have really enjoyed staying at the Flats at West Village so far this year. It is a really nice community and a good distance to University of Virginia's grounds as well as other parts of Charlottesville. Staff are friendly and cooperative and the amenities are well kept.
I love my space at the Flats at West Village. Management is fantastic (If I send an email, I consider it done). Location is super convenient for school. My half star is due to a couple things that the Flats are not really responsible for (package delays, construction noise on West Main/Noise Pollution, etc.). otherwise, I love my time at the Flats.
I love the location and the apartment itself. In general, the amenities are nice. The office staff is sometimes nice and helpful. Because of the pandemic, the pool never opened for the summer, which is frustrating since the rent never changes and the amenities draw many residents here.
A lot of problems with the apartment upfront, the stove and ice maker wasn't working, the couch was a wreck and there was paint all over the hard wood floors but most got resolved in a couple weeks. Been a decent experience so far
Love how spacious the kitchen is and all of the amenities. Had a few issues at first (AC not working and leaking door), but maintenance handled both issues. The location is super convenient for downtown and grounds.
My experience has been decent. There is very loud construction that has been occurring outside of my window every morning since I moved in which is extremely frustrating because it wakes me up. They were welding at 1:30am last week which was very loud. Additionally, the apartment was clearly not cleaned since the last residents left. The floor is still sticky, there was leftover receipts and cups in the kitchen, and when I moved in I found a paper towel shoved in one of the chairs. The furniture was not in great condition (couch/chairs were ripping, huge burn mark on table, desk chairs were a little wobbly) and I was unaware the apt did not come with a TV. Besides all of that, I do appreciate the large bathrooms and kitchen space. The gym is nice and convenient and the downstairs lobby is pretty. Location is not bad either, except for the fact that you hear trains/hospital helicopters/ambulances not infrequently.
I was moved from the room I signed my lease for and was told that the problem would be fixed but there is little to no communication unless I email or call first and it does not seem like they are making it a priority to fix the problem or keep me updated.