Gables Grand Plaza Apartments

It has been a pleasure here but unfortunately Two weeks after we moved in it was all shut down gym pool etc as to be expected ! So I am very anxious to use the gym and sit outside. But it has been great up to now ! ( under the circumstances)
I really enjoy living here so far. I moved in about 2 weeks ago, and live with 2 roommates. I attend UM, so it’s nice to be close to school but not so close that I feel stuck at school. I also like the safety of the building and the safety precautions during this pandemic.
Elevators are extremely old and right now there’s only 1 working on my side of the building. The staff at the leasing office seldom times respond promptly when there’s an issue other than Maintenace. The cleaning of the building needs great improvement, I’ve seen cockroaches on the hallways. The lights on the outside of the building are always broken and the rent increases every year no matter what.
We love living here. The amenities and the excellent service and staff are what have kept us here. The location is wonderful as well. During these hard times we're glad to live in this community.
I like how proactive the management and has been during this time. We’ve been receiving COVID-19-related communications regularly about what the building is doing to keep us safe. Appreciate it!
We moved in today! and so far everyone we bump into has been great and cheerful, despite the dreary coronavirus news we’ve all been bombarded with. The building staff was very accommodating and informative. Once the lockdown is lifted, we are looking forward to meeting more people and enjoying the buildings great amenities.
Great location and the neighborhood is safe. The area has amazing restaurants and stores as well. The building staff is very friendly and there is a gym and pool that is kept clean.
It’s a great community, staff is very friendly and helpful, awesome group. I like the activities in the community, would be nice to set more of them during weekend time though as many working people (self included) can’t make it to them between 9am-6pm during the week. There’re good Neighbors too living here. My main ask every time I wrote this review is for windows to be upgraded to hurricane proof. A lot of people would be in a safer situation in the building if that was changed. At least provide help to secure windows for tenants needing help. On a different topic, this app is fun but it has glitches. I tag pictures on instagram weekly, but they don’t show up as options for people to vote on them in the app (sometimes it doesn’t even show a single picture to vote on); also would be nice to have a few more things we could do in it like a community bulletin to Read or post about area events or important notices, or vote on polls about other future activities to have in our courtyard (like a Halloween trick or treat, happy hours, family arts and crafts, or movie nights, etc) Would be awesome if building provided options for house cleaning services that work here vetted by management.
We just moved in and are very happy so far! The staff has been helpful and the maintenance team has been great. All of the residents have also been extremely helpful in asking if we need anything!
The leasing center has been very helpful with the process of choosing an apartment. We are very happy of the location and the area. Thank you