The apartment complex needs some TLC. I understand with the new management coming in there is a lot to maintain and also to improve on so seeing that is good.

I have had a horrible experience living at gateway in Tempe. I moved into a half finished, barely renovated space with numerous health and safety violations.

I have lived here for a year and It used to be ok when I first moved in but has recently become terrible. First no one at the front desk ever answers the phone and are rude and unprofessional. Maintenance takes days to fix any issue and don’t knock when entering your apartment. Gym is always messy and always has weights missing from people stealing them. Hidden fees that were not disclosed to you at first being added to your bill. ( telecom bill) Impossible to ever get anyone to return your call about any issue or speak with the apartment manager when customer service agents don’t do their jobs. Roommates that they match you with are messy and loud. I definitely will not be renewing my lease a third year.

Reply from Gateway at Tempe

This place fcking blows horse cock. On move in day my apartment was filled with bullshit McDonald’s trash. These asshats don’t care about anything except the pool. I haven’t had a stove or oven in 2 months. WHATEVER YOU DO DONT MOVE HERE.

Lost my money order. Took forever to take off late fees. And still haven't put my balance with my money order that was found. The customer service is apparently good up until they do nothing.

Reply from Gateway at Tempe

Everything seems nice when you first look, but then you come to realize that pretty much everything isn’t working, if you submit a maintenance request there’s a 50% chance it’ll get thrown out, the water pressure is so bad sometimes you don’t have any, but the office doesn’t really care unless it’s the third day with zero water at all.

When I initially moved in they hadn't cleaned any of the apartment, which should have been my first warning. From there we noticed the faucet for the bathtub was off, it took them almost a week to fix. The fixture then wouldnt stay running to the tub and would switch to shower automatically. It took almost 3 weeks to finally get someone to take me seriously. The carpet is disgusting, I went over it 3 times with a carpet cleaner and the water was still black. The finally put a lock on the pedestrian gate but it is set up in a way that you cannot get in unless you get your keyfob reprogrammed. Tried doing that and the new fob worked on gates, just not my apartment door. They gave me back my old key and said they would let me know when they had one that worked with everything, that was almost a month ago and I am still carrying around 2 key fobs.

Reply from Gateway at Tempe

It’s absolutely horrible they have horrible customer service, they are a false advertisement apartment i wouldn’t recommend these low down apartments to anyone!

The office staff and property manager do not act kindly to residents when problems come about. The maintenance staff is short people and they do not get to requests within a timely manner.

Reply from Gateway at Tempe

A lot of broken things upon move in and maintenance takes a long time to respond. Our mailbox was broken for a month and a half and couldn't recieve mail

Staff never answers the phone, many hidden fees that you don't know about until it's too late. Online pictures don't represent what kind of room youre getting at all. Low quality experience and high price. One star because the pool and hot tub is nice.

Reply from Gateway at Tempe

It's pretty expensive for what you are getting. It's about $850 per person for a 2 bed 2 bath. Has a nice pool and convenient with the orbit shuttle. Not very nice on the inside

My apartment has flooded, my air conditioning has consistently been broken and the appliances have had to be replace at least once in both the apartments that I’ve lived in

Do not agree with the maintence staff except for the supervisor. Also, the office staff is very nice and helps out the residents as much as they can.

I do not recommend living here. Service is poor, apartments are not clean prior to moving in, and communication is also poor. You're better off living at district.

Reply from Gateway at Tempe

This apartment complex is located in a great area of tempe very close to Arizona State University. I have had many problems with things around the apartment too many times.

So far I have close to the worst living experience I have ever had. When my roommates and I showed up on move in day our apartment had not yet been cleaned, it was damaged throughout the apartment and we are paying extra for a renovated apartment which did not even come with the amenities promised. I have problem after problem with being locked out my apartment when I come home from work at 4am and old management was close to non-exsistant. Things have gotten a little better with the new management company but there are still a lot of issues needed to be addressed.

Bad place to live in. The place has a bad services. I do not like the place at all I will leave this place as soon as possible. Old buildings old gym basically every thing is old old

My renovated apartment is overflowing with cockroaches and beetles. The office is unorganized. Glass shards outside my building on move in day, have not been cleaned up. You're not given a gate code for your friends to enter the community. All of the grass is dead. Move in day was a disaster.

This is my second term here, and it's been pretty up and down. 1st term couldn't stand my roommates, and the maintenance stunk. Second term, I believe my rent is way too high for what I'm getting out of Gateway.

it is fine to live- its nice for location and is close to the bus system. parking is fine which is good and there's lots of parking. my roommates are great

Reply from Gateway at Tempe

We had more problems then I thought could be possible at move in. First, our entire apartment was filthy, I still don't think I've gotten all the dirt. My bath fixture was off the wall, making me unable to use it for 4 days. When it finally was fixed the faucet wouldn't work correctly. When we would bring up problems to the staff they would act as if we were lying. It took till the new company came in to get anything done.

Not very good. Our apartment is basically falling apart. From all of my friends that live or have lived there ours is definitely the worst. Our wifi barley works our apartment came furnished and the couches are torn apart to the point that the leather stabs you and hurts. We had to buy our own couch.

THis is my very first apartmetn so I was not expectring anything 5 star. But i also wasnt expecting anything under 3 stars. Alli know is that it works for me

I moved in the beginning of August and am still waiting for maintenance to: Change the out of date fire extinguisher, clean the dishwasher, fix the microwave start button, fix the porch light, fix an indoor hall light, pry open the pantry that's painted shut, fix the peephole, etc... More than 1 star because the building is still standing... if it collapses and I die someone please change this review to half a star.