Highland Oaks

Great place and transparency. Even though it is close to everything, it is still secluded with woods. It is quite beautiful and with new management I couldnt be happier. My only issue is there were a few things we asked for them to fix before moving in and besides pest control the items we asked to be fixed werent. Other than that, I would highly recommend this placw.
it was not very clean when i moved in and there are cockroaches running around and saw dust and mold. but other than that just needed a little TLC and its been good
I would like to say that my experience here has been great so far but it hasn’t. So many things have happened to my unit since I’ve moved in and I have had 2 holes in my ceiling for at least a month now. The maintenance guys are great tho and the girls in the office really try to help. I’m in a unit that’s not renovated. It has ugly looking cabinets, used to have old faucets till they had to get replaced (3 of the many things that happened), a really old thermostat, old bathroom sinks, and carpet in the dining room. Carpet in the dining room y’all! This is 2020. All the units should be renovated for the same price. Geez. But the location is perfect, and the outside is really nice.
Anticipate maintenance taking 5+ months to get done, and the management throwing an attitude when you get upset that it’s taken 5+ months for things to get fixed. Also paying full rent when half of the amenities aren’t available.
Very quiet and clean. Would highly recommend to a friend or family member. The apartments themselves are very beautiful and a very friendly staff to help.
So far my experience is very good. The community is nice and quiet and the unit is nice. I was expected the unit to be a bit more updated but it is still nice. The staff is nice and so far I have encountered no problems. I am pleased with the community and my experience.
I've lived here for 2 years and am about to start my 3rd, so clearly I like it! It's quiet, which is great...especially considering how close we are to major roads. We rarely lose power in the winter when neighboring areas do.
The place is just getting more run down as time passes n we keep hearing your going to do $2 million in updates soon - well when is soon n u’ll continue to blame it on COVID-19 but how can some painting; spray washing buildings white entry ways n building features need masks 😷. Some things just need some elbow grease as they say. There’s never any type of maintenance upkeep like bug spraying for ants, spiders into general residences outside areas or water bugs coming up into lower wood decks for example or qtrly changing of air filters, etc. It also appears if ur up towards the office n in resident buildings close they’re better kept up buildings n landscaping wise due to view of new potential tenants. But as u get further back into the complex buildings, things r looking really shabby n landscapes n around garbage areas. A small part of this might be blamed on tenants but let’s face its the management who never steps out of the Office except to show a new tenant the available apt. Office personnel never go around the complete complex to see if things need to be done or if something that was done was it done in a professional manner. There are somethings done in a wing it manner. Kinda like when some of us move in the things we have been told are just normal wear n tear cuz it’s too much work to repair, but do not make any sense. A lot of things aren’t even told to us we have to ask, or u have a rule which we have never been told about and it’s not in any documented rules. And I get tired of the office/maintenance people complaining about how picky your expensive sister property in Kernersville(?) is n their rent is higher. Well in most cases our rent is actually equal to or higher then a mortgage payment for this little sq footage - it’s our home not just ur company’s rental property just to treat as income without maintaining or upkeep there are laws. Just like any house it requires upkeep n things do break n our rent should have included a percentage for the upkeep. Especially if this complex was bought from a former owner who did not do upkeep, what did ur company think was going to happen with 30+ Yr old complex - u have old heat/air conditioning units, never filtered or cleaned out air flow vents or 30 yr old plumbing n 30 yr old electrical, floors that have warped, walls painted incorrected n some repaires to walls never made just sloppily painted over. It appears u want the cheapest job done to get ur apts ready to rent. U’ve had now 3 managers in a little over 1 year n how many assistances 5????? 3 maintenance workers, but actually 2 should be considered as 1 they normally r together on jobs n the one watching isn’t doing much. Learning but for how long n wouldn’t u hire experienced maintenance personnel. If u need cross training I’d think it would be less than it appears to be. I guess they need some time management training or ur underpaying for the job they actually have to do so they drag their feet OR maybe raise the pay or hire it out be cuz they have too much to do - try looking or asking. Plus u put 90% of ur time in attracting new tenants when u don’t realize u make more money by retaining existing tenants n trying to do things to keep them for many years. So as my lease rolls around next year I will seriously look for another place to call home because this place is just a rental n is remaining a rental without owners starting to bring it back to life without raising our rates I believe u owe renters that much. Raise newcomers rents and short term leasees. Had to be tough but sometimes u have to be hit between ur eyes with a 2x4 before u wake up. Plus tenters r few n fair between to say even HI how r u they keep their ear phones on n walk right past u never saying a word n they come n go n new tenants come in n go out. Not the friendliest place does not create a neighbor atmosphere which u would think based upon how close our doors r to each other. Ending on a positive note 📝 mailbox is nice n close to apt. 🙂
Moved during the COVID pandemic - Maintenance has been pretty quick, but covid is probably making some repairs take longer. Apartment had a few issues during move in that were quickly repaired. Otherwise nice apartment complex in a convenient location. Love the fireplace and balcony.
Great place to live. Apt. Very nice. Like the 2 full bathrooms. Appliances in kitchen are up to date, Have a good view of nature. Enjoy the porch especially in the mornings.a nice place to enjoy coffee.