Highland Oaks

When I first moved in it was a rough experience for sure. There were TONS of cockroaches and the apartment had several things broken or missing from previous tenants. Over time, it has slowly become a better living experience. The location is great in Winston (close to mall and highway). The maintenance staff are caring and helpful. The apartment complex is beautifully kept up in terms of the greenery and trees. It still needs some work in updates and upkeep but overall has been a good experience after the first couple of bumps.
My experience here at Highland Oaks Apartments has been awesome so far. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for me while living here!
Staff is friendly just sometimes take a to long to get maintenance issues fix. Mainly pest control is the mail trouble. The pool and workout facilities are always clean
The rental process was stress free and enjoyable. I was moving from out of state which makes things challenging especially during a pandemic. Abby was super nice and gave me a FaceTime tour of the unit as well as the complex. Move in day was simple and quick since she had everything done already.
Love it! It's like a dream and if I wake up I'll be in another state completely wondering how my email got used for North Carolina! The neighbors are wonderful, I never hear them at all so I'm not disturbed. I don't have any trouble with traffic or other cars. No dogs bark at me. .it is great!.. did I mention in in California and don't know Randall?
I love the community and how serene the environment is. The weather is just perfect all the time, and my neighbors are so friendly. It has been a great 1 year.
I have really enjoyed the large patios, and ability to screen them in, as well as the quietness of the neighborhood. I can easily switch up daily walks too with the medical park behind the complex.
I’ve only been here a week and so far it’s been good. I did have an issue with the AC but maintenance were friendly and fixed it in timely manner. But I’m only giving 4 stars because the past two days, I’ve been smelling cigarette smoke mainly in the kitchen and sometimes in the living room and dining room. But I’m excited to be here, especially since this is such a nice place and it’s so much better than where I used to live.
Last yearAs I was moving in I was approached by two older ladies I’ll call him Thelma Louise it was so sweet and inviting me to the Christmas party and I said I was just moving they said now that your family you must attend the party at five that made me feel like I was at home thank you For making me a part of your community
This community is an older apt complex which newer owners have realized needs to be upgraded n needs normal maintenance done which previous owners neglected to do. They’re in the process of doing outside maintenance to buildings which will put a newer face on this complex to match the nicer insides of these apts. Maintenance is always professional n happy to help correct any n all issues u may have.