My home has flooded twice in the 6 months i been here. Other than that...its pretty quiet over here. Wish i wouldnt have gotten the previous flood apartment. Nice neighbors though!

It's fallen off somewhat lately. The grounds aren't as kept up as before. Hallways haven't been power washed in over 6 months. The buildings themselves look worn out. And late evenings there are several shady characters parked in lots for hours on end. Doesn't feel as safe as before.

Good apartment community. Need to adjust responsiveness and completeness of the maintenance request. I have submitted maintenance request and they tried only once to fix the issue, and then closed the job as being completed without fixing anything.

Reply from Highland Oaks

Place changes management too often. There's never a parking spot available, water gets cold too fast, always noisy and yet they still went up on rent. Only perk is it's in a convenient location.

I really enjoy my move in to Highland Oaks Apartments in Winston Salem North Carolina in the United States of America. The is no other place like highland oaks.

There have been a lot of new things coming to Highland Oaks that have been great. But it seems that sometimes resident voices aren't really validated or affirmed, they are just treated as problems to 'deal with.'

Reply from Highland Oaks

Idk what to do with this really. I don't really consider these challenges but more of a way to get the word out there about this website....

Reply from Highland Oaks

Quiet, peaceful community. Actual physical quality of complex isn't amazing, but that's ok. If you're looking for affordable, quiet living, this is your best bet.

Upon moving in, my apartment was not like the apartment described to me. My power bill is outrageous in the winter months because the heater is older than I am. My neighbors have woken me up multiple times yelling in the middle of the night. On the plus side, I enjoy the pool and being close to everything in town. My room is a good size and the floors in the kitchen and bathroom look nice. To be a “remodeled” unit, it needs a lot of attention.

Overall the apartments are decent and the management staff is excellent. The neighborhood is primarily strip malls, the typical tenants are families with children or older individuals. There are an unfortunate amount of spiders and webs all over the exteriors of the buildings (common mailboxes, all light fixtures, ceilings, stairs, etc).

Reply from Highland Oaks

The residents are pleasant and no one bothers anyone. I like that it's quiet and my apartment is just what I need. The managers or landlord's are very nice.

The staff is great. The location is ideal and the community is well kept. This is my home as I am a recent college graduate, starting my best life. Pleased to be a resident.

I enjoy my large roomy porch and the beautiful shade trees. The location, so close to the I-40 interchange, is so convenient! It's quiet here at Highland Oaks and that's important to me.

Reply from Highland Oaks

This is awesome! Highland oaks is a wonderful community to stay in and the staff are so professional. Community rewards was a great idea and the residents appreciate it

Reply from Highland Oaks

Lived here going on 5 years. Started off wonderful, slowly things are changing. Hopefully the new management will turn things around and help make the community better again.

Reply from Highland Oaks

For the most part good with everything. There was a maintenance request never completed. And the property maintenance in itself has been somewhat lax compared to when I first moved on.

The new manager Paul is great. The only thing I wish my portal would get straightened out I like to pay my rent ahead of time to know I'm safe and OK and it never has the correct amount on there so I never know where I'm at. With that said I know this isn't his fault

Reply from Highland Oaks

I have enjoyed living here for almost 2 years and everytime I have needed something it has been easy to have done. I love my fireplace :) go highland oaks

Reply from Highland Oaks

The community is great location and friendly staff. Property neat in clean and pet friendly. I have been here going on three years. In good school district and close to mall n food places .

Very nice views and friendly staff. Location is convenient to get on interstate and a two bedroom is cheaper than a one bed at my old complex and it looks nicer on the inside. Plus, no construction immediately in front of the complex

I've enjoyed the first few months I've lived here; thankfully originally submitted maintenance requests are being filled at last. Happy about the new manager!

Reply from Highland Oaks

Great neighbors, fenced in dog park, convenient location (mall, shopping, food, close to downtown), safe and quiet neighborhood, nice pool area :)

Reply from Highland Oaks

The location is great and convenient. However the lack of respect from neighbors is horrible. Management doesnt care 3itherand says to deal with it.

The apartment community has been great aside from some minor issues I had with moving into my apartment. I appreciated the rush to turn it around for me, but that resulted in the apartment having not been swept or mopped and dirt piled in some corners. Additionally, the floor is uneven in some places despite recent renovation. However, the manager has been incredibly accommodating and always made themselves available as I have transitioned and been getting settled into the apartment and community.

Apartments are mostly aesthetically pleasing. Some outdated interior. Kind people, and kind management. Windows leak air. Needs new windows.