Southview is a great place to live. If there is ever a problem with something, they are always fixing it quickly. They do a lot of different activities at the clubhouse, which are always nice!

Very kind and made it very easy to apply and get accepted for an apartment. I heard that maintenance is hard to get in touch with though, and that they can be rude.

I like the apartment building in general. I think its a very good setup however. I like that we now have more visitor parking spot so i don't have to worry about where my friends will park when they come over.

Nice place to live, services could be a little better but overall good. I also wish maintenance wouldn’t just walk into my apartment if no one answers the door. Come back later?

Great place and love how close Southview is to JMU. I love the clubhouse and always go there to study or hang out with friends. The only downside is closet space in the rooms other than that love it.

We have cigarette smoke issues from people around us and the management hadn’t been to eager to solve the problem. We’ve had to contact them multiple times.

My experience in this apartment complex has been great! The quality of the furniture in the apartment (especially the couches) are very nice quality and maintenance is very efficient in doing work.

Southview Is agreat place to live as a college student! Affordable, comfortable and an excellent area! The people are absolutely wonderful and helpful at all times.

I had an enjoyable year hear at Southview. Amenities in the apartment were good as well as the layout and size of the rooms. Noise was not too bad and people were friendly enough.

Units could be more upnyo date. Things tend to break at times, or have an old feel. The location of southview is very convenient to campus though.

The amenities and location to campus is convenient for students. Also, the apartment complex is usually quiet so there's usually no need to worry about noise.

I like living at the hills of harrisonburg the rent is low enough to afford and everyone is really nice and respectable. Everything is close to like shopping and grocery stores.

parking is rough sometimes for guest can’t have guests because scared they won’t get a spot Good at repairs quick and do it almost immediately when needed

Pretty nice complex! Wish they would put in new carpet and would allow current residents to access the lowest deals available for rent though...

I really like my apartment community, the people are nice and the employees in the clubhouse are always friendly. This is a great location, it is in the middle of everything and really close to where my classes are at. I would give it a complete 5 stars if there were more parking for visitors. Which in the recent weeks they have uped the amount of visitor parking which is nice. Maybe if they adopted a system like the retreat where residents can check out 1 parking pass per apartment then that would be a nice little change. Otherwise, everything is amazing!

The staff are all extremely kind. Nice to have a printer for everyone to use. I like the gym space and the convenience of being only a mile walk from campus

Decent apartments. Cheapest in Harrisonburg. Quick maintenance. Still ripping you off but what apartments are not here. You get your own bathroom.

Southview is okay but the management needs some work and they have problems with supporting students in the way we need. I don't like the location but the buses are fine

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience and have signed a new lease. It says in the housing agreement something about a pool and a hot tub though. We do not have one.

Matience does not care. They are either very apethetic or extremely incompetent. Maybe a combination of the two. Still have a big problem, plus had a roach problem all year. That part is unacceptable.

Overall, I've been satisfied. It's a pretty basic unit that needs some work but maintenance usually comes through for us. Staff is nice and the few amenities we do have in the clubhouse are nice.

slight unorganization, but usually problems are solved effectively. however i think it is kinda sad that every year the residents rent goes up for renewing and then rent is knocked down for those who wait until the last minute, seems like they are getting rewarded and loyal residents are getting punished.

Southview Hills of Harrisonburg is such a great apartment and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Prior to moving, I toured several times and the staff were always available and happy to help.

Reply from Hills of Harrisonburg Southview

Although the group of guys that live aboue us are very loud the space was nice for a first apartment. The staff is very pleasant and I love the community events!

Been here for 4 years. I’ve been content living at southview. Had a few bad experiences but overall decent place to live. Just wish management communicated with residents better.