Our move-in experience was very disappointing because of carts not being available. This continues to be a problem. One day I found a cart in the trash/recycle closet. People need to be strongly encouraged to use a cart and put it back in the appropriate location immediately after carrying what they needed to carry.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

World's slowest elevators. Management does absolutely nothing but make excuses and be on their phones. The hallways and elevators smell awful.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Beautiful amentities and great apartment layouts. However lack of emphasis by management to build a positive community culture. Emails about community issues come off as passive aggressive. Crazy expensive parking spots (especially considering we are outside of the city). Just an “okay” living experience. We have had much better in luxary apartment complexes.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Great building, nice walking paths and easy access to trails. Residents are all really nice. The building can't seem to figure out how to deal with trash and recycling - this issue has been going on since we moved in. The trash at this moment is backed up into the first floor and can be smelled down the first floor hallway. Parking level frequently smells pretty horrible. Have never had a noise issue until recently. Large family living above us and the noise is pretty intolerable and we won't be staying if this continues.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

It has been good experience so far and the amenities are good. However, need the dog waste station which is 5 feet from my door far away from the building. Hope it’s taken care of soon.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

So far so good. It’s a clean and quiet place which is nice. The process to move in was quick with no hassle. Keeps an up scale look that feels like home.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Property is not well maintained outside! It looks broke. Lawn is in tough shape, perennials are not cared for, mulch everywhere. We are fortunate to live here I wish it was reflected on the exterior

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Attentive Management although rent pricing is a bit high even at market "value." Very nice aesthetically within the units. Meeting rooms are great for hosting events.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

I like the location and the new apartment, widows, fixtures, etc. I love the pool area and community room but we need more lounge chairs around the pool.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Beautiful facility and grounds. Residents are fun! Additional parking for guests and moving truck space is very limited - an architectural planning problem. Overall a very good place to live. Convenient location.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Pros: Clean, friendly residences, nice lobby, good layout Cons: You can hear people above, while everything in unit looks nice, you can tell it is low quality/built on the cheap, needs another main elevator bank

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

The community is beautiful -the challenge is that many of the residents feel they are entitled and thus don't take very good care of things and thus it is challenging to keep it that way. Items that are challenging here-people who smoke(even at the pool when the office is closed and thus no one is watching, Dog pee/poop cleanup both inside and outside the complex, leaving empty boxes in various places for others to breakdown/throw away are a few of the challenges.). Also concerned with future rate increases and amenities have definitely decreased or now have charges with them.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Beautiful apartments and great location. Amenities are good but grills do need some repair. Residents with pets don’t always clean up after their animals. Finally, this is a smoke free complex but the smokers don’t always respect the rules. They tend to break them when office isn’t open.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

We just moved in. Everyone is friendly. Amenities are great. Looking foward to being here. Love how quiet it is and all thw trees. Coffee in lobby a plus.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

It is a very quiet place to live. I enjoy all of the amenities! The one thing that I would like to see is less dog poop out in the grass or along the pathway.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

The Island is your paradise right in your own backyard! With all the shopping you need in the West End and then to come home to serenity of water, trails and privacy. A quiet, friendly, small community that cares about its family under their roof. Fun events, top notch staff and best of all quality, quiet apartments.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Love it here! Everyone is really friendly. The people who work in the office are very attentive to every concern, problem or just to help with an issue. I think the community is a good balance of older and younger people.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

We are glad to be back to the Island following our Winter absence. We have appreciated your updates via email. We found our apt. welcoming and look forward warm weather and summer events.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Love our cozy apartment. Quite a bit smaller than past apartments my husband and I have shared, this doesn’t feel smaller. The high ceilings and huge windows make the space feel large and welcoming. I love the walking trail. Having the outdoorsy, wooded feel and trail at our doorstep has been amazing with a large dog in an apartment. Convenient location for commuting most anywhere on the west side of the cities. The only con so far is it’s been challenging getting ahold of management. Not great at answering the phones and the few times I’ve needed something, no one has been in the office for me to reference.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Great building, very modern, with good access to main highways and i a very good school district. Great amenities, high technology and very nice kitchen appliances.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Great place to live. But dog are an issue. Majority of good staff leaving not a feeling good about that. Carpets and elevators always dirty. More chairs needed at pool.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Great community and nice staff. Like the small feel and friendly people. Lots of dogs but very clean. Awesome amenities! I like the diversity of the residents.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Love the Islands but have had trouble with getting my packages. Also many people don’t care to follow instructions on garbage or pets so that isn’t the property fault but I feel there should be bigger penalties.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

We just moved in on Friday. So far so good! I wish people would put the carts back promptly. Not used to apt living. The outside parking is a challenge for guests.

Reply from Island Residences at Carlson

Very modern and clean apartment building. Beautiful trails and park areas around the building. So far, the most significant problems we've seen appears to be fellow residents not following parking rules. It can be very tough to get a visitor parking spot, as it's clear residents are using instead of paying for a parking space.