James Pointe Apartments

James Pointe is in a very convenient location, which is the only way they can justify the price and the only reason I live here. The apartments are small for the price, the buildings are old, the materials cheap. Although problems are promptly repaired they are done so to the bare minimum with a mess left behind. They are sticklers for rules that bother no one and refuse to do anything about problems that aren't strictly outlawed in the lease, even if the problem damages personal property of a resident. It's fine for a stopover, not a long term residence.
Be wary of information you find on the internet. Turns out housing management agencies can lie just as easily as anon. Maintenance takes exorbitantly long times to fix anything.
Management is awful, appliances are horrible and barely work, ghetto demographic, they do yard work at 8 in the morning and wake me up when I work nights, nothing has been updated in years, too expensive.
The quality of life has steadily declined here for the past year. The tennis court was turned into a dog park, but the kids have to play in the street?!? Maintenance spends more time speeding through the parking lot in their golf carts than effectively completing trouble calls.
1 star
I am disappointed with management at James Pointe. Nobody ever returns my emails or call requests. My balcony is covered in pigeon poop and I have requested a solution for months with no response.
1 star
At $1,200 a month for rent. There should be no need to charge residents for small wear and tear maintenance needs. For about a year now we've had a sliding glass door with a broken handle because the track gets gummed up from the tree outside but I'm not going to pay $30 to replace a $10 handle. I won't even call you guys to change light bulbs in my kitchen because I know there's going to be a 30 dollar charge.... we are renting your space. Why do we need to pay you to fix your space...
1 star
Since moving Parking situation is deplorable I have asked for help they are totally disorganized, they assigned you to a spot that someone parks there none of the residents appear to be following assigned parking order, multiple attempts to address this with manager and upper manager and nothing **it seems they are totally clueless or helpless on how to fix situation ** not even a response. having to have issues with your neighbors because of parking it is less than what one come to expect from this apartment complex.
1 star
Not real happy about removing the drop box!! Example, not everyone goes to the office everyday so not knowing what the holiday hours were to take my rent over then to find out they were closed till mon !! My rent is due on Sunday trying to pay early !!! Now this forces me to use the online pay !!! Plus charging me to pay a fee of twenty dollars??? Which is rediculouse!!! Can't pay on mon cuz then its late with late fees on top of that!!! I'm sujestion to this is that all residents should of got a notice on there doors letting people know of the holiday schedule of the office so we the residents can pay on time and without extra fees!!! The drop box was a great way to pay rent and still be on time at no extra cost!!
I have had to submit paperwork for things such as renters insurance and even my lease multiple times. I have had to call maintenance to fix the same issues multiple times.
I love the location, my apartment style, the bad thing is the staff here, no one is on the same page. no one has the ability to contact you personally or vi phone. i asked to get my electrical looked at to no avail as of today a month into my lease. they entered my place without consent or left a card saying we entered you residence. on-line rent pay is not good no one in office knew i paid my rent thus i get a summons to evict ya WTF ! someone needs to hire a reliable staff.