The quality of life has steadily declined here for the past year. The tennis court was turned into a dog park, but the kids have to play in the street?!? Maintenance spends more time speeding through the parking lot in their golf carts than effectively completing trouble calls.

Management is awful, appliances are horrible and barely work, ghetto demographic, they do yard work at 8 in the morning and wake me up when I work nights, nothing has been updated in years, too expensive.

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

James Pointe is in a very convenient location, which is the only way they can justify the price and the only reason I live here. The apartments are small for the price, the buildings are old, the materials cheap. Although problems are promptly repaired they are done so to the bare minimum with a mess left behind. They are sticklers for rules that bother no one and refuse to do anything about problems that aren't strictly outlawed in the lease, even if the problem damages personal property of a resident. It's fine for a stopover, not a long term residence.

Perfect place to live. I am on my third lease. Why? Because the office staff care. They may not be able to resolve an issue instantly, but they will resolve it to your satisfaction. I do wish that the long term renter received more benefits , for example, when I moved in I didn't have to pay for parking, but now I do. I would think there would be more loyalty to long term renters who are in good standing with the complex.

Be wary of information you find on the internet. Turns out housing management agencies can lie just as easily as anon. Maintenance takes exorbitantly long times to fix anything.

Not real happy about removing the drop box!! Example, not everyone goes to the office everyday so not knowing what the holiday hours were to take my rent over then to find out they were closed till mon !! My rent is due on Sunday trying to pay early !!! Now this forces me to use the online pay !!! Plus charging me to pay a fee of twenty dollars??? Which is rediculouse!!! Can't pay on mon cuz then its late with late fees on top of that!!! I'm sujestion to this is that all residents should of got a notice on there doors letting people know of the holiday schedule of the office so we the residents can pay on time and without extra fees!!! The drop box was a great way to pay rent and still be on time at no extra cost!!

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

I am disappointed with management at James Pointe. Nobody ever returns my emails or call requests. My balcony is covered in pigeon poop and I have requested a solution for months with no response.

At $1,200 a month for rent. There should be no need to charge residents for small wear and tear maintenance needs. For about a year now we've had a sliding glass door with a broken handle because the track gets gummed up from the tree outside but I'm not going to pay $30 to replace a $10 handle. I won't even call you guys to change light bulbs in my kitchen because I know there's going to be a 30 dollar charge.... we are renting your space. Why do we need to pay you to fix your space...

I enjoy living here. But neighbors are loud and noisy. Police are always here. Woken up many times a night from neighbors being loud even at 2:00 am in the morning. I also do not like all the smoking on the balconys. Comes in all of my windows. The maintenance people keep the outside looking nice most of the time. The dog park is very nice. Thank you

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

I love the location, my apartment style, the bad thing is the staff here, no one is on the same page. no one has the ability to contact you personally or vi phone. i asked to get my electrical looked at to no avail as of today a month into my lease. they entered my place without consent or left a card saying we entered you residence. on-line rent pay is not good no one in office knew i paid my rent thus i get a summons to evict ya WTF ! someone needs to hire a reliable staff.

Moved in not to long ago, the gym has had broken equipment for months. Broken sprinklers literally when i leave in the evening feels like im going through a waterpark, place needs to be cleaned up.

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

Well I really like the office staff. Barbara is amazing. I have to say though that my apartment was dirty when I moved in and had a smell. It has been 4 months and the smell still exists. I think its in the carpets and walls and its gross. Another issue is my rent is due the 3rd of each month. I had an eviction notice on my door yesterday the 2nd of may. How embarrassing. My mail also cannot be delivered due to broken lock and I must pick up at post office. Has always been broken. Wish it was all good but its just not

I have had to submit paperwork for things such as renters insurance and even my lease multiple times. I have had to call maintenance to fix the same issues multiple times.

Low value for price paid Average upkeep/maintenance Service is average Residents are not held accountable for a clean living space/ outdoor area "Dog park"/ tennis court not usable Our "upgraded" apartment is all laminent, upgrades non existent

Taking a while to fix some of the problems in our apartment that we've written down. But other than that it's good! The swimming pool is nice!

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

Apartment is ok, my issue is with maintenance. It took over two weeks for them to attempt to fix a clogged sink. This is after I placed the work order and told them in person. The maintenance worker was then unable to fix it and needed to check with his boss. I did not have a working sink for three weeks.

I moved into James Point several years ago, mostly, because the rental person (Whitney - who I loved!) told me the pool was well maintained and open early and closed late, relative to the season. Not so anymore. The state of the laundry room has been disgraceful. I understand it's not the staff's responsibility to tidy up after disrespectful tenants. I will pick up a diaper some lazy person decided to leave on the floor but when I have to take out the trash because it's overflowing, I believe that falls under maintenance. I'm so happy that after almost a year of no locking door, management sprung for one.

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

Upset I had to renew my lease for another 6 months. I was hoping to be moving out of this place. Dogs barking at 530 am and waking up everyone.

pet waste everywhere needs cleanup... converting sport court to dog poo park .. no good. thumps. maintenance needs more time to do stuff .. parking lights needs to fixed.

In the beginning James Pointe apartments was awesome. Now we realize the upkeep & maintenance of this place is terrible. Very unsafe. They need to maintain there rooms better. We have had black mold, water leaks, gas heater leaks, ac leaks, electrical issues, loose objects like shower knobs, counter tops, screen door. We have pest issues, dishwasher was broken for 3 months until they fixed it. Also they always blamed us for the issues. We always sent in work orders and it took them forever to fix things. They just need better maintenance and there emergency maintenance is a joke.

Takes forever to get anything fixed. They dint give you a break on rent when signing a ew lease and refuse to work with you. Don’t really care about the residents. Only care about the money.

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

dog poop everywhere disappointed that sports court is gone. :( Maintenance staff are friendly and quick in fixing stuff. Other than residents need instructions put their dogs on leash.. it just horrible.. to walk outside.

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

The staff is friendly, but not very helpful. There is dog poop and cigarette buds everywhere. The apartments seem overpriced for what they are.

Reply from James Pointe Apartments

I've been living here for over a year now. Everything has been great until these past few months. I keep getting complaints about a dog barking in my house. When my dog has a bark collar and i have a pet camera that notifies me when he is being loud. And he never is loud. I also have many encounters with a neighbor. They drop dumbbells, use their exercising machines and vacuum at 5 in the morning and management hasn't done anything about it. So i had to take manners into my own hands. And last but not least; i submitted a work order for my dish washer to be fixed and they didn't come until 3 weeks later. They use to be so prompt with things like that. Other than that, its been a great place to live! I enjoy all the other neighbors besides that one! We all have a good time outside!

I enjoy living here besides the neighbor across from me has high volume of traffic at all hours of the day and night. And they constantly have garbage sitting in the hall.