Legacy at Fox Valley

3.9

3.9

It's been over 9 months since my family & I move here. It's great living here— the fact that everyday commodities are so close toour community, is amazing, be it restaurants, groceries, parks, shopping malls & so on. In my previous community, I used to have issues with the parking vacancy, not enough spaces however, I never really have parking issues here. Whatever time of the day, I easily find a spot. Hi-five to the highly decent staff & friendly neighbors. Despite the pros of living heree, several times, I did have issues in terms of the maintenance request in my apartment, the assistance arrived too late. Also, dog feces! I think it's high time to take stricter action for I encounter feces everywhere around the community.
The living space is awesome and comfortable. We have issues with the amenities. The volleyball court is never maintained, and usually the net is falling apart or saggy. The dog park is not clean. The clubhouse was advertised as common space available after business hours but has never been available. Management has switched out 3 times in 3 years causing inconsistency in service and response time to maintenance requests.
So far my experience as a new resident has been good. The community is great, and the front desk is very helpful. The only complaint I have is maintenance, I had scheduled an appointment to fix my toilet and bath drain, and it took 3 days for them to come.
It’s excellent community to reside and quite safe and nice place around . All shops anda mall are near by within 5 minutes drive. All maintenance request done within time with no delay. Another best part is having lots of parking place to park the car.
Everyone was really nice and helpful. Put my deliveries that arrives into my apartment. Thank you! Also, Keving had helped a lot and explained about the apartment, helped Tour it, gave info about renters insurance and explained how to set up everything before getting there. He also helped move my delivered items into the apartment while I was still not there. Thanks Kevin!
Easy application process, though I reserved my move in day well over a month ago and I feel like it was not ready for me. I wish they had taken more time to get the unit ready like take a walk through and notice the missing light switch cover etc. Easy stuff that would have made a better first impression. I also learned that there will be a separate mail key that is not ready for me either.
Pros: Nice location Quick maintenance Friendly staffs Cons: Higher rent compared to other apartments Frequent maintenance needs due to age of the buildings
Good community with amenities. Have plenty of parking. Near to Rte 59 metra station. Walkable distance to Fox valley mall. Good part is that private entry to each house.
The maintenance is lacking, I have put in a work order twice to get my garage to close all the way. The issue hasn’t been resolved. I was told the ground settled causing the issue but that is not the problem. The travel distance needs to be adjusted. The trash area is an ongoing problem. The enclosure did get cleaned out after my last complaint. But trash is still left on the ground and anything that falls out of the dumpster it is left on the ground. Dog poop is still an issue as well. Sad people don’t take responsibility and pride in their community.
Rents are extremely too high. HVAC needs replacing. Duct Vents need cleaning. Siding on Buildings need power washing. Poor Landscaping in certain areas of the property or ignored altogether. Security/Lighting poor on certain areas of the property. Marijuana smoking neighbors nearby. Trash not picked up around the property often. Current Mgmt likes to continuously "pass the buck" blaming their predecessor instead of owning the problems. Mgmt totally disrespectful to us when the Rent Mailbox was compromised. Called Us as if we didn't pay our Rent on time when we had actually handed it to someone in the Office. Offered no real incentives for the inconvenience of having to make changes to our financial situation because of that incident. Always ask "if there's something they can do" to satisfy Residents when they know they're not going to do anything! Unfortunately made the mistake of choosing this property to live over others in the area!