Marina Shores Apartments

1 star
Nice area, lucky to be one shore drive. However, old old apartment complex with out of date appliances, worn out cabinets and doors, and water damage throughout kitchen. TONS OF COCKROACHES. In my bedroom, as well. We keep our place in tip-top cleanliness.
1 star
Well the dishwasher didn’t work and the water came through the walls and you can’t take a bath downstairs because the water doesn’t get hot at all
1 star
have had great experience up until the recent plumbing issues in building 2228. My bathtub and floor was filled with other residents above me's urine and poop. i asked multiple times through email, phone calls, and going to the office to see about bathroom getting cleaned was ensured someone would come Saturday or Monday. No one came i had to go to the store and purchase a cleaning supplies myself and clean the mess and air out the apartment for 3 days to get rid of smell. Got no follow up call or anything and i think it was very poor service on the staff's behalf.
Elevator is dingy and broke repeatedly while trying to move to 3rd floor which cost me several hundred extra dollars because the move took 2 extra hours as a result per the professional moving company I hired...
Great location! Grounds are not cleaning regularly.... dog poop in grass all the time, stairway and halls covered in spiderwebs, elevator has broken parts and always a filthy floor. Maintenance takes forever to repair issues. It's been 80 degrees in my apartment for a month, many requests have been made, told I would get a ceiling fan yet we continue to suffer. Counting down months for our lease to be up so we can live where the management company cares about us and fixes the property.
the lack of communication is pitiful, the new renovations are beyond sloppy my 5 year old could have done a better job. the staffs lack of knowledge is also concerning
Very poor management company. Does not return calls and if they happen to its hours if not days later. Run down apartments with stairs falling apart, broken elevators and it's always dirty. Maintenance men walk around with blowers not actually cleaning and not respectful when you walk by them. We continue to live here for the amazing location but hate this complex. Ive never been so poorly treated by a company as here.
Community is great, neighbors are awesome, saltwaterpool, so close to the bay, and to live in this stea and it be a no fly zone is just crazy.
The management has changed twice since I moved in (6 months ago) took forever to update the system to the new management company. Matinence sucks. Our apartment's air doesn't circulate, asked them to come and look at it and fix it; they said "close the blinds and open your doors" now we (my roommate and I) Have to have a fire most nights in the winter bc the living room doesn't get heat, and we both need heaters in our rooms.
Great Area, great location for living, although maintenance needs improvement, still have a hole in my ceiling that is patched with tape, from when they came to fix my leak in my ceiling, that was over 3 weeks ago