The community here is good - everyone is nice and welcoming. However, it seems like management turns a blind eye to what every day living is like. We have had trash/mattresses sit in our parking lot for months.

The mosquito net of windows were glued shut in many bedrooms, there is no functional AC, and most of all, Mosaic administration was extremely slow in dealing with an admin issue of a missing $750. Also in applying 10% credit on our monthly rent for construction done in our backyard. Aside from negatives, the house is pretty nice and I’m very happy with my room. Despite the annoyances, I’d still want to stay in my room again next year.

Construction and move-in was a disaster, the house was not finished when we moved in at the beginning of the year. Now things are better and they are fixing some issues.

Management isn't great and the neighbors are frequently loud and hard to live next to. We still haven't had maintenance come in all semester

The location is alright but maintenance can be bothersome sometimes when they misunderstand a work order. The property has good amenities though.

I like that Mosaic is trying to hold events to bring together the students that are living in Mosaic properties. I would like to know more about the people that work at Mosaic so that in the future if any concerns arise I know who to contact.

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

Sometimes hard to get ahold of land lord, but I have had an overall good experience with Mosaic! I live in a house on Menlo and everything runs smoothly for the most part.

Everyone is so friendly and I love interacting with them. However, usually it takes a few correspondences with management for things to get done, which can be frustrating.

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

The Mosaic staff is very friendly, and when the house is kept clean, it is not a bad place to live. I was worried about the lack of AC at first but LA weather proved supportive this year and that wasn't a problem. However, the location and neighborhood the house is located definitely has its issues - for one, USC yellow jackets do not patrol here, and the noise level, lack of cleanliness and amount of weed is very difficult to live with. And though my rent is lower than most of the places around campus, it is still pretty expensive for the location I am getting.

Pretty good. Very ascthetic living setup. Loundery machine would have been better. Bathroom facilities like paper towel hanger etc work ld have been nice to have.

Living here has its downsides. Although the apartment and rooms are very beautiful and roomy, there are a few problems. First of all, the AC and heater both do not work despite many, many work order requests. Additionally, we were promised a certain amount of money for their lack of AC/heating and still have not received it. Finally, they charge for 12 months of rent, yet only allow us to live in it for 11.5 months. Half a months of rent is $600.

My room was really dirty upon arrival, however it is insanely easy to do business with Mosaic, which is an added bonus! Communicating with management is seamless. Our new house is great!

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

I like the neighborhood and the house is very cute, I'm just disappointed by the quality of amenities/appliances/house extras given how much I'm paying per month. One of our burners doesn't work and the washer is too small for quilts. Windows didn't have curtains or anything. No central ac or heating. Just kind of disappointing!

The apartment itself is in a great location and is a great space for 4 people. However, we have constant maitenance issues and Mosaic is slow to service those issues...

Property has its issues, but management has been very helpful and flexible in problem solving. Property is spacious and reasonably priced for what is received.

Mosaic has gotten much better at its responsiveness since I first started living in mosaic housing. I now find that if I have an issue or question someone will respond to me within 12-24 hours, which is very comforting

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

There has been issues initially, but, slowly improving and integrating. There needs to be a uniform lot of services provided across every mosaic community.

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

Mosaic has great customer service with a very friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately, maintenance is a little slow to fix and address the issues.

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

Mosaic is helpful with resolving issues and working with residents. While maintenance is fast, the property I live in is so old, so there are always problems with it.

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

The house as a whole was great, 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms fit our group perfectly. The only thing not so great about the house was the size of the kitchen cooking services, as they were smaller than one would expect for an 8 bedroom house, seeming like they came out of a studio apartment in New York City. Mosaic was attentive, but for some issues, it took more than one call for them to take the problem seriously and get the ball moving on a potential fix. All in all, would recommend renting with Mosaic

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

the staff is really nice and if there is a repair request, it is usaually dealt with in a few days. there would always be emails before each visit

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

Neighborhood is okay, there is a clear divide between the locals and the students. Locals steal packages from our porch all the time and clipped our bike locks in our front yard. Student community is great, but probably out of place. neighbor is a professor and is bitter because he hates the students and their celebrations.

Communication about construction has not been great. Our entire back yard and now half of our front yard is completely blocked of by construction.

Will work with you if you keep on top of them. Definitely has some of the best houses in the area. There seems to be a lacking of full time staff that are consistent in the area but work orders still remain maintained.

Reply from Mosaic Student Communities

Mosaic has some great aspects to it. Jorge, our maintenance man, is incredible and so friendly. Maintenance in general is very responsive. The issues have been primarily in the number of house tours given at the beginning of the semester.