Used to be very good. New management came in. At first, people told me how bad of an experience they had since they took over the place. I did not feel like the same at that time. Until recently, they are starting to tow residents' cars just that they can fix the road and have us pay for the tow. I just feeling like there are many ways that it can be done before this happens. They could simply notify residents that we will be upgrading the roads and stuff during your summer break from the university. And clearly, you know that you are targeting students with all your marketing materials said student housing. And you clearly you should know that most students will leave the University during summer break, and you know a lot of students (especially international student residents) and would leave their cars on the lot while they are still paying rents even they are not physically living here now. If you could just send an email, inform all residents your upgrading plans and what we should do to make sure everything goes smoothly, maybe we would not choose to park our cars on the lot while we are gone (we are coming back during fall semester btw). Just so many things could have done while you just simply decided that we would be towing honest residents' cars while they are gone just because you did not tell us earlier you are gonna fix the road and we parked our cars there. New management teams could do better. I've been here for 3 years and this is the first time I leave a negative review for this property.

I am excited most about upgrades and amenities. I have enjoyed the company of One Illinois from friends and family and I just know living here is going to be awesome!!

It has been good so far. I have had some issues with my guarantor form, but the staff was always as helpful as they could be and made sure that answered any questions I had to the best of their abilities.

The location is great and the amenities included are worth the price of living here. I absolutely love how fast the maintenance staff responds to any concerns you have and the office staff are always very helpful.

Reply from ONE South

Living at One South has been a good time. There are comfortable rooms and nice amenities. Unfortunately, the pool is yet to be open and some maintenance requests take, what I believe to be, a long time to be completed. But I am glad there are upgrades occurring and I will be moving into a remodeled apartment soon and I couldn’t be more excited

Overall staying here is pretty comfortable. Having private washer and driers make it very easy an convenient to freely continue on with your day and privacy of your own place. Everyone keeps to themselves for the most part and the outside area is maintained almost regularly.

Reply from ONE South

I think overall One South has been a pleasant living experience. Maintenance is usually prompt when I have issues around my apartment. I think the emergency system could use some work as the idea of not being able to have contact with the lockout people doesn’t make sense to me.

Reply from ONE South

Management is not satisfactory, they denied everything the prior manager promised me when i signed the lease. Just because it was not in writing, lesson learned. PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITINGS!

Reply from ONE South

Managers are not nice, maintenance is slow, parking lots are full of pot holes, and the rent is way to high for the apartment size and quality.

Reply from ONE South

I’m giving one south three stars because nothing was set up for my move in day management and staff are unorganized. They did not inform me on all of things but I guess that was might fault because I did not ask the right questions.

At first it was bad but now it’s decent. I wish they could keep people in the office more often and things like that. But rather than that they cool and the upgrades are amazing

Reply from ONE South

My Experience has been Great! There is Improvement however I would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to live. I love all the amenities and upgrades that are being done to improve the property.

Reply from ONE South

The staff at the South office defines leave a lot to be desired. They handled my lease very poorly and I didn’t get any assistance until I visited the North Campus. It seems as though the south office is run by college kids with no sense of responsibility or professionalism. They lost several forms I had signed and never communicated with each other when I did come in. They spent roughly a month asking to speak to the girl whose room I had taken over officially even though I told them multiple times that I was now the resident and that she had moved out. I have also had various workers who do not speak English show up outside my bedroom windows unannounced to do “maintenance”. When I complained about this they stated it wouldn’t happen again. Unfortunately this was a lie as it’s now happened almost weekly. This place could be nice if the staff that managed the North office hired some adults with actual business experience to run the South campus

Hard time getting through lease process, but I made it, even though my friend is still having troubles. Hopefully actually staying in the apartments won’t be as frustrating. Hoping for the best.

The people that work here are very accommodating. I love the amenities. During the summer, they also have free food on Friday’s and and great leasing deals!

my experience wasn’t great. it was fine at first until stuff started breaking down and my apartment flooded bc of people on a different floor. the aftermath wasn’t fun and the maintenance crew refused to believe there was mold in my bathroom in several places. do a better job.

I love one south, I chose this to be my first living on my own facility because it was close to campus and it has similar amenities like the dorms but better.

Staff in the office could be more understanding. There was multiple occasions where I had to go to the office over 5 times for a situation I asked them to help me with. (My mailbox key wasn’t the correct one. They kept pushing it aside and just remaking me a key. When I kept telling them it wasn’t the right key at all, that they needed to come check if the main key was the same as the one that they kept giving me. By the 6th time I got a new key they finally decided to give me the right key. After a week and a half of not receiving mail.) do better please.

I feel like everything is old and smells like smoke. It really needs an update before I consider renewing. Having a dog park might allow me to get a pet too or at least hang out with others pets

I don't really like the management at all sorry their kinda rude and won't be reasonable with me about paying my utilities next month after I told them I don't have the money right now

I Like living at one Illinois south but I hate having roommates. If they had cheaper one bed rooms I would renew my lease. But the apartment are nice.

It’s ok! Quiet. But from previous month experience I felt I live in a bad neighborhood. We had cops at 3 am and a lot of drama in the parking lot.

It’s been pretty good now. The staff is helpful and it has a good vide around the campus. We have been treated well and everything seems to work well.

My stay here is for the most part okay. There are cool people here and a lot of fun events and things to do. I'm really excited about the pool area being opened!

This location is very convenient and close to campus. I enjoy that there is a bus stop right in front of my building. There's always fun things to do here at one south. However, security sucks!