Pointe at Central
4.11 stars2,262 Reviews

2,262 Reviews

2,262 Reviews

A lot going on with COVID but it’s been decent. Upgrades to the community done so it’s nice to see the improvement. Nice black appliances put in .
If you like cockroaches and a terribly dirty environment then this is the perfect place for you to live I wouldnt renew my lease here if I had a gun To my head
The Pointe at Central is a quiet community for the most part. My only issue has been with maintenance in the sense of certain boundaries. While I understand that they are doing their job, I've had someone place their tools on my dish towel or grabbing a napkin without asking first. There is just a lack of curtesy in that sense to me. I am not saying that this issue applies to all of maintenance but I'd rather they be mindful of where they place things and not to touch certain things without permission. After maintenance has completed a request, typically a staff member will give you a call to make sure that the request was completed to satisfaction. The walls are a bit thin. Overall, the experience has been good. The RAs put on events for the residents and do a good job of advertising those. Package delivery is very efficient and the shuttle system to school is very convenient if you do not have a car or if you want to save money on gas.
My RA was really nice, as well as the staff in general, and the maintenance crew was always on time and completed repairs quickly. The printer in the front office often needed repairs though - and that was often a problem for the residents as we’re all students.
I started living here because it was one of the cheapest rent in the area, and the location, staff, and neighbors are nice. The only thing that I could complain about are the thin walls and creaky floors.
Having lived in both a 2x2 and a 4x2 within the last four years, I can confidently say I made the right choice in living here. Maintenance is wonderful, RAs are great and have fun events, leasing has been helpful. I don't really have anything negative to say as I have never had a bug problem or any of the other relatively common student housing issues. I do think the price is now relatively steep but every other student housing costs more. That's more of a market issue but for the cost I've had to pay to live here since 2016 (skipping 2017-2018 as I took a year off), I feel it's been worth it.
Breezio could and will be a great platform for people to use for collaborations and deep-dive topics. The only trouble I saw with Breezio was the ease of use from non tech-savvy users. They did not understand all of the ins and outs of Breezio, thus making them shy away from using it. For people who are on several social media platforms, Breezio was a breeze. But, for those who were not using other social media platforms regularly, the learning curve was very high.
For the type of apartment layout that is provided here at The Pointe at Central the rent is TOO Expensive. I know how Rental properties work and are also based off “competitive” prices around us but most other complexes have bigger rooms and en suites. I think the point should re consider raising the rent. We pay too much to have such little space. And No the rooms are not the same size. While they may be on paper those rooms are not all the same size.
The maintenance workers are fast. The amenities are good. The bedrooms could be bigger, and the apartment could be refurbished. It can get noisy.
Overall, The Pointe is a decent place to stay as a UCF student. The shuttle to campus is definitely a plus, and I've greatly appreciated the social events and mixers the complex has put on to encourage people to meet other people, such as Casino Night and Waffle Wednesdays and many other events throughout the year. Maintenance is usually very quick about taking care of issues, so long as it's on a weekday (only emergency maintenance is available on the weekends), and we've never had any real problems with them, other than them scratching our new fridge while they were installing it, an issue I hope we don't have to pay for when moving out. But for all the positives, there are some negatives, as well. For example, I can look out my window, and often see the RAs driving around on their golf carts with their phones in their hands WHILE THEY'RE DRIVING, my roommate has had issues with coming home to her door locked when she left it unlocked when people were coming in to inspect the apartment, and I, personally, was very frustrated at the lack of understanding that students might not be able to make rent easily with businesses shut down and many out of work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All in all, as I said before, The Pointe is a nice place to say. I wouldn't say it's the worse place of all the places I considered moving in to while at UCF, but there's definitely room for improvement.