Great experience for now. Only hoping it gets better. The community is clean and looked amazing. Love the facilities and the accessible Starbucks coffee.

I really enjoy living at the Retreat! The apartment is excellent. There are many facilities and everything that is available here is well-maintained!

maintenance always comes in a timely manner, apartments are very well laid out, guest parking could be improved, hot tubs haven’t worked in 5 months, office staff can be very unprofessional but scotty is great!

Staff is great, WiFi is terrible, my last name is still blocked so I can’t send emails so I would love for that to be fixed. Also turn the music down in the lobby in the morning cause it’s blasting talk radio when I go to the gym

I recently just signed a lease with retreat and they were extremely helpful with all my questions and concerns. They reached out to me immediately via text which was very convenient.

Lovely staff. Sucked that we couldn’t tour all of these apartments at the retreat complex in Newark. But the house that was showed was very nice.

I love living here. The rent is kind of high but it works out with the amenities, events, food, coffee, and the t shirts. The gym and the clubhouse are awesome and I love being able to work out any time of day. Maintenance is super helpful and responsive.

amenities good, had a lot of issues with maintenance coming in un-announced, utilities are unusually high in some months despite consistent usage. and the apartment below me is unusually noisy

The sound insulation of the house is very bad. Sometimes I will be awakened by the sound of weeding. The stuff in the office is very nice and patient.

Overall I’ve had a good experience at the retreat. The amenities are great love the pool tables hot chocolate machine and the hot tubs are also a plus

Living here is one of the best things I have chosen to do!! The entire property is stunning and I love being able to have my own space, while also having rooommates. Highly reccomend!

Loved living at the Retreat so far. The free printing is an absolute necessity. The study room in the clubhouse is also a huge asset especially when studying for exams.

I find this place real quiet and peaceful and overall a good community of peopel I like the fact that the shopping center is right there so my working will not be a problem I will be able to grow

Good so far! The tour was great and most of my questions have been answered but I tried to email the retreat about a question regarding my lease but haven't heard back (emailed about 2 weeks ago).

Awesome, quiet neighborhood, friendly roommates, convenient gym, helpful staff, lovely view, cozy apartment, modern kitchen, spacious private bathroom

I've lived at The Retreat for the last 3 years and have had a love-hate relationship with it the biggest issue was with the internet but overall it's been a great experience.

Retreat at Newark is a nice place to live, safe and relax.Everything is brand new and rent although is higher than other place but overall it is a good place.

No responsibile people. They made us to pack our staffs during the final exam week to do bed bug treatment and without mentioning that this treatment should be done two times with one week. During these stressful days our unit is completely a mess and this made me so nervous that I am not sure to pass my final well. This situation is rediculous and they just said if it happens again they will charge us. If I could move out of here I will do it right now but I have to live in this hateful place because of my contact.

I have lived in Retreat for more than one year and I always feel it's a good choice. Stuffs in office are kind,maintenance are effective and on time.

I moved into the retreat of newark about 3 weeks ago. It is such a beautiful facility with a lot of really great amenities that most other places near by lack. I would recommend to anyone

The condition of my room was unacceptable for the price I pay for it. There was mold in my bathroom and closet. Maintenance did a great job taking care of it.

Clean, effective staff, pretty nice gym/pool! Highly recommend especially for the price in comparison to neighboring places to live in Newark!

Everything is pretty much as advertised. The one star off is due to the renewal process. You will be pressured to renew your lease 9 MONTHS before it is up or face threat of possibly losing your room to another lease. Any place I've ever leased in the past merely required you let them know within 60 days before the end of your lease so they'd have time to find a new tenant. Here they basically tell you to promise a year in advance or risk losing your room the following year even if you want to renew. It's got to be an illegal practice to do such a thing... How could anyone possibly know where they're going to be in almost a year for sure, or what's going to happen in their life in that time? There's got be some legal discrepancies there. I signed my renewal for 2019-2020 under duress.

I love the location of the retreat, it is very convienent for grocery shopping and to campus. The people around are very friendly and love to chat.

I love living at The Retreat!! Everyone is so friendly and willing to help when there is a problem. Also, love the events for the residents!