I like it so far. No complaints. The only thing that I wish would be different is the pool being open later than 5:00 pm on the weekends. That’s when people can take advantage of it the most.

A pretty good place couldnt not complained wish they would seriously consider pets it is a college campus after all other then thay I do enjoy staying

Reply from The Next at ODU

So far everything has been so okay , they moved a Roommate into my apartment and never sent me a welcome letter I didn’t like that . The stove needs to be deep cleaned . It’s very dusty I’m here .

Reply from The Next at ODU

It could be better. The hallways always stink. People always smoking. Dog poop everywhere outside. I personally wouldn’t stay here if it wasn’t my last year. The place is very filthy with rats and roaches

Reply from The Next at ODU

So far my renting experience has beeen alright. Even though there were certain accommodations that were promised to my roommates and I. We are currently working those issues out so hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Reply from The Next at ODU

The Next was not what I expected it to be. The rooms were not as big as me & my roomate thought, the rent is overly expensive (even though it includes SOME utilities), and I did not have a lot of access to the things we were supposed to have access to as residents. Overall, I would not reccommend college students to move here and I will not be returning :/

Reply from The Next at ODU

Love the space, do not love the behavior of the people who work in the office or their treatment of the residents and the facility. If you want the residents to treat the space with care, then maybe treat it with care yourselves. I enjoy having my own bathroom though

Reply from The Next at ODU

I love the Next and it is an amazing place to stay while at school. My apartment is beautifully furnished and feels like a home away from home.

Reply from The Next at ODU

Great move in process. I’ve enjoyed my room and apartment thus far. Besides the fact that the trash shoot is over filled and not really the best. Other than that no complaints!

Reply from The Next at ODU

this place is amazing. i love the scenery and how the living room is. the rooms are a nice size and so is the bathroom. amazing staff. i would recommend everyone to stay here.

Reply from The Next at ODU

The experience here is okay. There could be some things that are better, such as security and cleaning of the trash rooms. I live right by it and it gives the hall a bad smell. Other than that, everything is pretty cool.

Reply from The Next at ODU

I don’t even have my roommate’s contact information, haven’t met them and don’t know if we will clash over cleanliness, etc because when I viewed the apartment it was messy and I’m stressed about moving in. I’m liable financially for the month of June because of my lease even though I never lived there during that month. I spent over 7 hours at the leasing office waiting to be placed because there was a fire (right next door to my new apartment) and although I paid for my parking garage spot, I can only pick it up during business hours which hasn’t been possible so I have to park on the street. I’m paying a $15 premium to live on the top floor due to lack of availability elsewhere. I was unable to take over the lease of a girl now living in Richmond because I “already signed my own” and no one cares about her extenuating circumstances. I’m honestly scared about this experience worsening.

Reply from The Next at ODU

An average college apartment. Quick maintenance response time. Would recommend if you had no other place to live around Odu. You can get by for a year.

Reply from The Next at ODU

When i moved in there we lots of things broken. The towel rack in my room was broken, the rod in the living room to open the blinds and the drai on my shower. When sent in a work order.. they said they completed and fixed it but they didn’t.

Reply from The Next at ODU

I enjoy living here. The halls could use some help and maintenance for move in was slow. I had to have my dad put the smoke detector back up on the ceiling that was hanging down. It was on my move in list of things wrong and they came in and fixed everything else but that.

Reply from The Next at ODU

The community at the next is great. Everybody is very nice and friendly, especially the leasing office staff members. They are always ready and willing to help solve any problems that arise for the residents. Would definitely recommend that more people live at the Next.

Reply from The Next at ODU

The Next at ODU is the a wonderful place to live! The amenities are nice especially the gym and pool. The apartment is roomy and most everything works usually. The staff here is nice but I wouldn’t call them helpful! Best place to live ever! Minutes away from camping too!

Reply from The Next at ODU

It is interesting and fun community to leave in and be at. I am looking forward to leaving here and learning more here. Hope to make friends and enjoy the community.

Reply from The Next at ODU

I love it here but there’s always room for improvement. The first floor hallway always has a weird smell because of the trash room, there’s always alot of bugs because of it. There’s literally dead bugs everywhere on the ground and I’ve seen the cleaning crew literally walk past them every day and don’t sweep them up when they’re collecting other trash off the ground. Also the staff has taken the handles off the doors facing the main road, residents who live on that side of the building have to walk so far just to get to their rooms because half the doors on this side of the building don’t work. Lastly, it’s always hard to find security when you need them. There has been young kids that got into the building and literally kicked my front door in and broke the lock on the door. I went to go find security, they were no where to be found. The very next day the same group of boys threw something at the patio door and almost broke it. I also couldn’t find them when I needed them this time as well. Other than these few things I enjoy living here and happy with my apartment community.

Reply from The Next at ODU

It’s okay living here it’s nice to have my own room and bathroom and kitchen but sometimes maintenance and front office isn’t helpful at all.

Reply from The Next at ODU

It has been a pretty good experience living here at the next. If there is a problem or issue they are pretty fast at getting it solved. I recommend living here.

Reply from The Next at ODU

I've enjoyed the next beyond measure! Glad I joined the community, it is welcoming and peaceful! I have had a wonderful experience with my roommate and staff.

Reply from The Next at ODU

This apartment is not as nice as the office makes it seem. It is unsafe with the parking gate being open. I've seen a man who recently got arrested for abducting 12 women in the parking deck before. They are always bugs in the apartments. The washers and dryers always break. It is overpriced. the rooms are small. The wifi sucks.

Reply from The Next at ODU

It’s good residence with a good maintenance and assistant service. Also, it’s very convenient to commute to ODU and downtown Norfolk as it’s near Hampton road. However I think noise control and cleaning service in the hall near trash room as well as pet’s poo should be improved.

Reply from The Next at ODU

The maintenance suck with coming to check out the work orders that I put in but overall it’s an, Ok stay the parking garage is broken so any and everybody is allowed to come in