Cierra Crest

4.3

4.3

1 star
I have not be pleased with the renewal process here... It has been long and complex for no reason. The office staff lacks empathy and common sense. The only reason I have given one star, is due to the the location and price. But I guess you get what you pay for. I understand that they are unstaffed, which seems to constantly be their excuse. But here is one for you, hire more, get better training, and extend your hours. The snow remove is mediocre at best. The pool gate is always dead bolted, to where I will have to walk around and through the office. Since there has been a a change management the prior office staff has left and been replaced with subpar employees. I know that this review is brass, especially to the staff, but I pay enough to live here and deserve better.
I'm frustrated that they still haven't fixed the fire door after 2 or 3 years. I've given up mentioning it because they never follow through on fixing it. Meanwhile, the hallway outside my apartment is always dirty with leaves and other debris blowing in due to the always partially open FIRE door.
Not a fan of Cierra Crest lately because the staff has become more and more disgruntled since the management switch. The office staff has been rude about package pickup multiple times, and I've seen the maintenance team sitting along the back side of the apartment looking at their phones and/or smoking for majority of the day. It took months for us to get several maintenance issues fixed.
There was bugs, we called for insets inspector, they told us they are coming on Wednesday, and till Saturday we didn’t saw anyone come. Bugs still in the room.
The management company is extremely lazy. The ground are trash with dog poop and garbage in all the hallways. For instance there has been a broken light fixture and a broken bottle in the hallway for over a month
Apartment: Windows are cheap & fee like they’re open with the amount of cold air that is constantly coming from them. The thermostat is next to the vent, so it’s never the correct temperature in here. Our move in list was filled out front & back when we first moved in with all of the issues everywhere. Noise: They obviously skimped on the noise cancelling options when this was built. Management is extremely unhelpful and unwilling to come up with helpful solutions. Our neighbors have been consistently loud for over a year now & we have complained who knows how many times. The first girl said that they warn tenants 3 times before they served with notice & then apparently that was untrue. We signed a new lease based on the fact we were told that something would be done about it, but they are all talk & no action. They haven’t done anything to make it better & it’s clear that they don’t care about tenants’ livelihoods (or sanity). We feel like we’re losing our minds. Stomping, slamming & pounding all before bed, waking us up in the middle of the night & in the morning. You can hear slamming of doors, sliding doors and you can hear everyone who goes up & down the stairs. There is absolutely no soundproofing anywhere & you can hear it all. Maintenance: There is ice constantly on the sidewalks & I have fallen so many times (hard), along with other tenants (tenants who have babies that could turn into a terrible accident). We (including other tenants) have made numerous complaints. It’s negligible & dangerous. They throw salt on it for awhile & then start letting it build up again creating an ice rink. The salt gets everywhere; the hallways, the apartment, etc. The hallways are never cleaned. It took them over a week to replace our broken dishwasher. I was literally told that the maintenance manager had forgot to put in the work order until 3-4 days after they had initially come over to look at it. We were given the run-around by the front office until the guy (whose name I’m blanking) told us what was actually going on. Honesty is the best policy. Some women in the office tell you what you want to hear so that they don’t have to deal with you anymore or to make it seem like they’re on your side. There’s one woman especially who should not interact with tenants. She is not a nice person or friendly. Grounds: There is an insane amount of dog feces everywhere & it smells a lot of the time. The summer is far worse & you can smell the feces & urine when you walk outside. It’s awful. They overwater the lawns in the summer to the point that they’re watering the parking lot & the grass is always drenched. It’s so bad towards the back of the complex, that it turns into a swamp. We like our apartment, but the management, maintenance and noisy neighbors is highly unsatisfactory.
On the third ownership since moving in almost three years ago. All the original people in the leasing office are gone. Since then the quality of service and seeing a friendly familiar face is gone. Disappointed in what has happened to the property and the upkeep has gone Downhill.
It was fantastic until the switch of property management. However I love the inside of my unit and its location. I wish the property has elevators. I have not walked around to see if the property has been cleaned up since I notified corporate management. The office staff has improved greatly, I did speak to a non helpful office employee that was a male about a week abo (just a not for phone customer service training).
The rate of service has gone downhill since the new management company took over this past summer. I am hoping this just 'growing pains' and things will continue to improve going forward.
Our experience at Cierra Crest has been varied, to say the least, we have had good service from people and very awful service from the office Staff. Julie is the most consistent player and thus the best at her job. We asked to have a few things fixed and the nails that they put into the 20+ year old carpet are starting to come up and they are rusty....we have a pup and kids, so that was unacceptable. Monitoring the no smoking rule and no large furniture in the dumpsters is a pain for sure, but we smell smoke consistently(sometimes its the maintenance folks smoking outside my building). We feel as though this is not a "luxury" apartment- our appliances are old and consistently have one thing or another wrong with them. The price isn't worth it anymore, as prices go up and services decline, we will considering other opportunities. There are brand new apartments coming up this summer down the road. We love our neighbors and proximity to lightrail and highway.