community is fine, the unit is terrible. I've never been so dumbfounded. When I saw the place from the outside, there stairs and the deck were falling apart. The door frame was damaged and my room wasn't even cleaned as promised.

Everything is broken, there's black mold in the ceiling, maintenance NEVER comes, it's not safe to live, and the leasing agents are terrible. I have nothing else to say.

my mirror in the bathroom literally fell off the wall. The Fridge was leaking water and machine oil. When we moved in, the common area was a total mess. The overhead light was broken and I do not have a table in my room. Besides that, I guess it's okay.

Reply from Copper Beech State College

The houses were in terrible quality. My fridge was broken and it took the office a whole semester and a half to finally replace it. The maintenance people were friendly but they took forever to get things done.

Reply from Copper Beech State College

Our experience here has not been very great! Our heater was ruined all year round and we kept complaining about it but they did do anything!

Terrible. Management is horrible and never fixes anything and the customer service is bad. Air , stove, and washer and dryer was not working when I first moved in. Still have't fixes the washer and dryer and stove yet I pay 565 a month.

-Maintenance is very slow. It takes a while for them to come in and check what we report. -Street lights are not always on (complaint for 3 times already)

Maintenance takes forever and overall quality of the house is becoming worse and worse. I have a leaking fridge that has been sitting in this house for more than 30 years and no one is coming to fix it.

I would not recommend Copper Beech to a friend-- the walls and floor are extremely thin, maintenance takes ages (even for things that are routine, like clearing snow and ice from sidewalks or plowing the street) because there are very few workers, and management is defensive instead of working with tenants to find solutions (for example about the same parking space being rented to 2 different tenants or about an apartment that was dirty on move-in)

Management is terrible and my house is falling a part would not recommend unless major changes occur. This rewards system is nice, but many of copper's apartments aren't in liveable conditions and they don't fix anything that breaks.

Reply from Copper Beech State College

There have been a lot of things wrong with the townhouse and nothing has been done to fix it. We put in a maintenance request when we first moved in and it still hasn't been fixed. Also, we weren't told about not having a deck when we moved in. We opened the door to find a 20 foot drop.

Hmmm customer service need to be improve. Many time maintenance takes forever to get the emergency breakdown fixed. And they fix it to cover the result but not the origin of the problem. So I have the same problem over and over again. I live in C2 if you could fix the origin of that leak would be SUPER HIGHLY appreciated. And I would give you five star for that.

It's alright. Probably a little over priced for the quality that you are getting. There always seems to be something wrong with the apartment.

Slow maintanance that needed to be called several times in order to get the work done. Housing condition isn't great even though the rent is expensive.

I can't say that Copper Beech stands out a whole ton from the rest of the housing options off-campus. The facilities are pretty worn down, and, until recently, on the verge of disrepair. Moreover, the response time for repairs are very slow. Perhaps it's what I've come to expect living near Philadelphia, but I usually expect a repairman over in the week, not in the next 2-3 months. However, it's not fair if I keep laying into Copper Beech either; for what you pay, it's a decent place to live while you're here in State College for the time you are here. The bus pass is a huge cut in transportation costs, but expect to live/build your schedule around it than yourself. If you have a car, parking here is strictly moderated, esp. on game week ends. Make sure you are parked in your spot. Not your neighbor's, not the visitor's, YOURS. You will otherwise be towed. If your buddy comes up to visit, give him the visitor pass ASAP. S/he must also park in the visitor spot to avoid being towed. In short, Copper Beech is OK fro the area it resides in. Just remember that State College is the land of mediocrity, in terms of commodities and services.

We have had a lot of things wrong with the townhouse and they haven't been fixed. We put our first work order in two days after we moved in and it still hasn't been addressed. We still don't have a deck, we weren't told about there not being a deck. We opened the back door to find a 20 foot drop.

Everything was disorganized and unprepared. They have everything that we need for apartment, but it is still not here. The most shocker was moving into a place that couldn't be locked, and till now only have a temporary fix.

My experience in Copper Beech hasn’t been the best but definitely not the worst. Takes maintenance a lot of time to come fix things and also the paying rent on August 1st but unable to move in is the worst part, because you are paying a month rent and only living in your house for less than half a month.

Thus far my experience has been one of dealing with 1 sleazy representative who seems at once to be both bored and offended that I had activities that I needed to complete, & Maintenance that is slow and lazy.

Reply from Copper Beech State College

The community looks nice, overall when you walk home there are always lights on and there is a bunch of walkways. The house also has a nice back porch to use.

maintenance is not that good. I suggest they can improve maintenance. I asked for fixing the dryer few months ago. The staff still didn't come to our house

When my roommates and I first moved in we were all given a sheet to fill out about the condition of our home and we put down that we need our carpets cleaned. Someone at the leasing office told us that they would contact us regarding the issue. I think his name was Brian. However, a week had gone by and we heard nothing from Copper Beech so my roommate Sally decided to call the office and still Brian was very unhelpful saying that we can just vacuum the carpets ourselves. However, we have been vacuuming and the carpets are still very dirty. What it needs is a deep cleaning. Finally, after about two weeks, we heard from Carrie who told us to send her an email with the pictures of the dirty carpets from when we moved in. We had sent that email to her on September, 16 with the attached photos. Three weeks have gone by since then and we have not heard back from her so Sally sent her another email this Monday. We would really appreciate it if emails can be answered in a timely manner. I am extremely allergic to dust and our carpets were undeniably filthy. They should have already been cleaned before we moved in. However, we doubt that anyone came to clean them because when my other roommate first moved in she noticed that the floor in the basement was damp and moldy. Not to mention this a risk to her health. Copper Beech should've examined living conditions before they allow residents to move in since a unclean environment is a hazard to our health. In addition, our dryer had stopped working the second week we moved in so we placed a work order on August 28th. It is now October 5th and no one has come to fix our dryers. This is unacceptable. We have called the leasing office about this issue numerous times over the course of the month and Brian did not do anything. The last time I called about this issue which was about 1-2 weeks ago, John told us that he had moved our work order to the emergency list since it has been so long that no one has done anything. Still, our status of our work order has not changed. I think that Copper Beech really needs to work on its management because it is so poor. As a resident here, I do not feel as if my needs are being taken care of. I think that Copper Beech needs to do more to ensure safe and sanitary living conditions. Instead of replacing the back decks, I think that being able to do laundry and living in a clean household is much more important. My roommates and I in Apt G5 have been waiting for over a month for a working dryer and clean carpets and we hope that there is change soon.

Absolute worst place to live. Don't be fooled by the nice show room houses. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and very spacious but I'd rather live in a dump than deal with all the problems I had living here.

Reply from Copper Beech State College

Move in was the worst, it was unorganized and my room was not prepared for me to move in. Staff was a little rude about it. I am still waiting on maitnance issues to be fixed, from August.

Copper beech was a "mehh" year. Maintenance always took way to long. we waited over 2 months for a microwave replacement and I waited over 3 to get my toilet fixed