The community itself is nice. The building is very pretty. There are a few things friends and I have discussed and have mutual frustration with. Paying for parking. Kind of frustrating. Also, guest parking. We wish there was a "Guest pass" because we don't want our friends being towed, but there isn't a lot of available parking that doesn't require a pass. The hallways are.. nasty to say the least. The carpets are nasty and the hallways smell terrible when you walk through. We are proud of our apartments, we don't want to feel like the path to our apartments is nasty. Also wish communication was better as previously mentioned. I think that there could be more details included on announcements. But! We love the maintenance crew, everyone is friendly. We love the club house, and the gym is super nice. Balconies are refreshing in the fall, and we love the study rooms.

I enjoy all the amenities that come with the apartment it also is closer to my job. Douglas is a great apartment complex and they just have a great energy about it. I might not be home all the time but I can truly say I can enjoy calling this place home.

Close to UTC campus, can walk to all classes within 10 minutes. Nice outdoor area with pool, hammocks, grill, etc. Good maintenance. Allows pets, but nowhere for pets to use restroom. Outside of building is surrounded by a moat of dog piss. Overall pretty grimy

It’s very quiet and the clubhouse is a great way to meet new people ! It’s very laid back and relaxed and the moving process was surprisingly easy.

Needs updating and building needs to be maintained. Also, management is crap. They don't regulate anything and do not get anything done. Has so much potential but residents and management are driving this place to the ground.

The building, furniture, and rooms are wonderful. I do think they are fairly lazy when it comes to dealing with mail or other issues in the lobby.

Everything pretty much straight the everybody pretty much nice a mix of different people and I think you should embrace those kinds of things

I had to pay $250 to move out of my apartment because, they couldn't legally evict one of the romates I was having problems with; only to turn around and be told a month later that they are taking her to court and evicting her. I also had a mice problem in my apartment two weeks ago and pest control wouldn't come out here till Wednesday and only gave us one rat trap and put it in one of a kitchen cabinet and left and now we have been seeing mice in our apartment again.

Solid living space. Fun Friday nights. Wouldn’t want it any other way. However, the stairs have a faint stench, and a little messy. Overall, Douglas Heights is a solid place to live.

Not a big fan of this place. Management makes it tougher. Parcel delivery is hell pain. No quick response on anything. Not a very clean place either.

I like the tanning beds and the communtiy. the staff is always friendly and i love my roommates!! The rooms are spacious and i love the hardwood floors

It could use some updated policies about dogs, trash, and just respectfulness. But I love the room designs and space area! I don’t think it is as awful as people say!

Rooms are very nice for the price you pay! However, management of the property could be greatly improved. Some issues weren’t handled in the best, most efficient way possible.

Everyone who lives in the building are very nice. Whenever i have needed assistance from the front desk my issues were taken care of as soon as possible.

Great place for the price and location. Some thing could be different but overall it’s awesome. The staff are very nice and will help you almost all the time.

The maintenance is OK but you need to update equipment such as fire alarms that immediately know which apartment has problem. Sometimes, usually at weekends, there is a sound of water flow in sewage from upstairs that shows they left the water valve opened and there is no person here or on-call to say what is happening!

Douglas heights is a great place. I like it because it is an off campus house if yet it is so close to the UTC campus. I like the staff and am happy with first year here so far!

I like the freedom that the residents are given at douglas. The friendliness of the workers and the events that are put on for the people of douglas heights.

I like being able to have my dog ! I like that I can have candles and actually feel like a real adult. However there are some Downfalls like dogs peeing in the halls and the smell.

I love how nice our room and community areas are! Everyone is so nice! It really feels like home! Having a pet and being able to have your own bathroom and bedroom is a game changer.

i hate everything about this place. it’s gross, there is vomit and poop everywhere, it smells horrible, i never feel safe, and the staff is incredibly unhelpful. i will never live here again or recommend that anyone else does

Douglas heights has great facilities, is a great place to meet people, and is very centrally located. My only complaint is that the stairways are not taken care of.

There’s definitely room for improvement. A lot of the staff is not the nicest. The mice problem is very nasty. It over all needs to be a lot cleaner and safer. It is way way overpriced for what it is. but it’s not the worst place to live either

My roommate assignment is awful and doesn’t match any of the criteria I asked for in order to feel comfortable in my living space. The floor I live on smells like urine all the time. And there is usually trash in the elevator. But the staff is nice and friendly. Also pretty helpful and quick to respond to questions and maintenance requests.

Why I’m thankful for being at Douglas heights: I’m thankful to be here because I met my best friends that I know I’ll have for a life time. This is my first semester in Tennessee in general, I transferred here all the way from California which had to be one of the scariest things I’ve ever done in my life. Before I moved here I always told everyone this was either going to be the best or worst decision of my life and within the past 3 months I’ve been here, I can proudly say it was the best. Douglas is one of the reasons why this was the best choice to drop everything and move across the country because if I wasn’t paired with the girls I got as roommates, this semester would of been completely different and I probably wouldn’t of loved it as much as I do if I hadn’t met them. The place itself, gives everyone so many opportunities to meet new people and if some were in my shoes, coming so far away and not knowing a single person, I can 100% say those people have met someone by living in Douglas. Living here brought me my closest friends and I couldn’t be more thankful.