Ellicott House Apartments

4.5

4.5

The staff is attentive and friendly. Everyone always greets you with a smile and complete service requests in a timely manner. I only wish the building had a ramp for me to roll my luggage and grocery carts up and down.
I would recommend the Ellicot House to others. Everyone is polite and my issues are fixed in a timely manner. I enjoy the environment and distance it is from school. I especially enjoy the friendliness of the concierge.
I love the fitness center and the walls are soundproof but smoke from other apartments has been seeping into my apartment even when my windows and door is closed. The apartment has been very helpful in sealing the door and walls and providing an air purifier but the smell still gets through.
The recent improvements are nice. The staff is fairly friendly and helpful. I do wish that the gym was included with the improvements made this year and also a better recycling/trash facility.
Overall I like living at Ellicott. I find the constant renovations to the common areas unnecessary and a bit disruptive. I feel like too much effort is put on making the building attractive to new tenants rather than pleasing the current tenants. I would be more impressed with improvements made to individual units. For example, the window blinds are of very poor quality and I have to constantly ask for them to be replaced. Additionally, I did not like the changes made to the business center. The mini-library was removed and the new interior design looks like tacky Christmas decorations. The beach furniture added to the indoor swimming pool is also tacky. I honestly liked how the building looked better when I moved in.
Leaving my apartment is way more exciting now that dogs are allowed in the building. There are so many! The maintenance staff is professional and effective.
The concierge desk is always extremely helpful and considerate. Keep up the great work! The maintenance team is also quick to respond and that can't be beat!
The staff at Ellicott are friendly and helpful. Ellicott does have some sense of community, though it is certainly not a tight-knit one. The facilities are maintained well, and the staff is very responsive to inquiries or requests for help. Overall, I am pleased with how I'm treated at Ellicott and with my experience living here.
I love the Ellicott House. The only thing that would make it greater was to have more community activities. I know it is hard to arrange and get participation but maybe a survey can go around to ask what people are interested in. Things Like movie night or a book club, or even an outing club.
I moved here recently. So far I really like it. Only complaint is that some of the gym equipment does not work and the garage was closed for a week and I couldn't use my car. I really love the indoor swimming pool!