The concierge desk is always extremely helpful and considerate. Keep up the great work! The maintenance team is also quick to respond and that can't be beat!

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

The front desk people are nice, however you have to make request multiple times to get maintenance and leasing office to complete tasks. The community director is not friendly.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Building is mostly good - recycling area could be cleaner. Staff is nice. I like my apt. but the shower is not great. It's move that coffee is served.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Great building and so far great experience with only two minor hiccups 1. People below me smokes so if I open the balcony to smoke trails up Into my apartment 2 The noise of the elevator (the mechanical noise while it’s operating) is something to get used to. ( I can hear it in my apartment since it’s very close to the elevator ). If the balcony is open then it’s possible to cancel out the noise a little bit with the noise of the street :-)

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Great apartment in a great neighborhood! Nice amenities for the price and I've always appreciated the friendly staff. Maintenance requests are filled on time and packages are always easy to get.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I have lived in Ellicott House for a year and a half, and I am still pleased overall with the building. There have been more frequent maintenance issues with plumbing and general repairs since I moved in, but overall it's still the best deal in the neighborhood. The provided amenities remain satisfactory, and the staff continues to be very helpful.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Overall, I love my apartment and the neighborhood. EH staff for the most part are kind and easy to work with. Maintenance is fast and efficient. The one thing I wish I could fix is the air quality. The dust in my apartment piles up so quickly. I bought an air purifier which has helped with the health effects, but there is still so much dust. The heating and air is also too intense. I ended up cutting it off and buying a fan and heater. While some improvements are needed, overall this building and my apartment are a great value.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Thus far it has been a wonderful move in, complete with a lovely fall barbecue offered for neighbors and topped off by beautiful weather and a chance to use the tennis courts! Perfection!!

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

very nice place to live. I love the pool and the back yord. Wish we had fresh flowers instead of artificial ones in the lobby. The staff are always courteous. The building is clean and the maintenance staff, esp Darnell, are tops.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Thick walls so noise from neighbors isn't a problem. Good location. The gym is not very good, not enough equipment or free weights or space to be useable.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Noisy tenants, noise from fitness center and the awful stench of marijuana and the overcompensating incense to cover it up make this a less desirable building. Fortunately, these are things that can be resolved, provided management actually is committed to doing so.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

These apartments have a great bang for buck considering utilities are included, the exaggerate the closeness to the Van Ness metro stop, it’s a doable walk but it’s a solid 15 minutes and very much on the Forrest Hill Line. For the most part residents keep to themselves and the walls are pretty sound proof. My largest complaint is that they say they have package delivery 24/7 but they put lock larger packages in the leasing office which is closed by the time I get home from work so I sometimes have to wait until the weekend. But overall nice, clean building

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Although I am a new resident and haven’t even moved in yet, the process of signing the lease, getting all the paperwork in and communicating with the leasing office has been a super easy and process and everyone has made me feel very welcome to this new community. I look forward to meeting other residents and taking advantage of the wonderful amenities.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Everything has been GREAT! no issues what so ever. The staff and everyone is very friendly and helpful. It would be great if the hallway carpets got shampooed more frequently.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I haven't moved in yet, but the application process was smooth. The leasing agent was very helpful and made the process low stress. I can't wait to move in.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I love the security of the building as well as it’s many features. I don’t like not being able to control when I receive AC or heat, but I overall I highly recommend this apartment.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Overall it is really good. I love my apartment and the location that it is in. the business center is great. The things that I would change are fixing the grills (thermometers), the light bulbs in the back, and the fire pit.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Complimentary am/pm coffee helps the building feel like home. Staff and employees work very hard all day to keep common areas and our homes safe and secure.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Everything is generally good besides some noise/weed smell issues with neighbors. Some of the front desk receptionists also aren’t very friendly.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

Very nice building with some incredible amenities. The grills outside are great if you are into cooking. However, the hours that they operate are pretty lame and should definitely be extended. 8PM closing is way too early. They make no noise at all and as residents we should be able to use them whenever we want or at least until a later time.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I returned here after a year because I knew there’s no better place around.. management and all the personnel are always so helpful with everything I’ve needed

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

I've generally been pretty happy living at Ellicott House: The location, rent , amenities, etc., meet my needs and the frustrations are no more than those to be expected from everyday life.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

They couldn’t find which floor the service elevator was on and therefore was out of order while we were moving:( Also sent out note about weed smell on our tier, the morning after we moved in which was odd and felt like harassment (smell obviously not coming from our apartment)

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

This is a nice place to live. I like people and neighborhood. However, there are still some things to be improved such as gym for example. There is very nice barbecue place but it works only untill 8 PM which is also not very convenient.

Reply from Ellicott House Apartments

My apartment, floor, and overall community is great. People are friendly and it’s pretty quiet most of the time. The front desk is always staffed and are helpful with most questions and resident concerns. The only downside is the location. The apartment building is not super metro accessible and many of the bus lines in the area do not have reliable, 7 day a week service.