I’ve had a pretty bad experience living at helix. I will not be renewing. The only thing i like about helix is how close it is to school but the walk is dangerous having to cross the street.

Helix has some of the most awful management I've ever dealt with. Took them 6 months to credit my account and threatened to charge late fees on a balance they told me not to pay until my account was credited. I will NOT be renewing my lease.

If I could leave 0 stars, I would. The only good thing about Helix is the location and SOME of the staff. They promised me and both my roommates gift cards for signing and referring friends, but still have yet to give them to us (we literally move out in 20 days). It is always dirty everywhere. The maintenance guy is really nice, and he does A LOT of stuff. However, he cannot fix everything by himself. Overall, helix has been a terrible experience, and I would advise against living here.

Did not have any of their stuff in order when moved in (trash, wifi, etc.) also everything in apartment breaks very easily, not a quality place.

I wouldn't recommend others to stay here. Not the best place to live. Overpriced and parking is beyond terrible . Towing is indeed enforced. Management sucks.

It started out great but I got saddled with roommates who where awful. Had to call the cops twice. Then they move me into the world's dirtiest unit with a girl who had her boyfriend living with her. When I moved in Rose, the previous property manager, told us that if anything breaks they will replace it as long as we tell the them about it. With the new property manager, not only did she tell me she was going to charge me but that if we wanted a new one we were going to have to pay for it. I am so ready to move from this place.

They will screw you on moveout. They tried to charge me $435 for paint and cleaning, glad I took pictures, but they are still going to charge me for paint and carpet cleaning which is still $300.

I do not recommend living here. The staff is often rude and most residents do not respect the property. The apartments are also very overpriced for what you get.

When I moved in with upgrade your life they took forever to move me in, since I’ve lived here I have had nothing but problems. They need staff that are older and know what they are doing and not rude all the time. It’s very expensive to live here, the pet fee is way too much and having to pay monthly on top of the pet fee is way too much. Every other apartment does not have to do that. The air is not very good and our dishwasher sucks. The only good thing about living here is the short walk to campus but even that sucks because there is no cross walk and I almost get hit every day by cars. Multiple people have asked me about living here and I told every one of them I regret it and suggested the retreat or the pointe to them. I am very disappointed with me experience.

It's been pretty good but there is an issue where I was told water was included in rent but my utility bill still charged me for rent. This is unacceptable.

The people who lived in my apartment complex were absolute slobs outside. The halls were littered with dog poop and often in the elevator there was pet pee. The elevator regularly reeked of weed which is damaging for people with asthma. In addition, multiple times throughout the year there were used condoms on the sidewalk. The only time I have ever seen used condoms on a sidewalk was during an episode on Breaking Bad which shows that the apartment's tenants were more like drug users than college students.

I never faced any problem in my first year but this year, I feel management sucks. No one wants to help you in office. They keep charging me extra amount for months now.

living here is okay but the communication could be better. they don't respond to request well and i was placed inside a dirty apartment and had to pay to transfer.

Reply from Helix Starkville

Unfair how you reward people who sign later better. You make us pay then the next week waive the fees and now you're giving out tvs. You people disgust me.

Reply from Helix Starkville

Nice apartments and amenities, nearest to campus. Not very welcoming staff though, especially with foreigners... And the music in the morning is annoying! Loud music at the pool at 9AM is totally infuriating and unnecessary.

The apartments are really nice. I wanted to move here a for a specific room that I was told over and over again I would get but I did not. To be honest I felt like I was lied to.

The ammentities are nice. But management doesn’t do a great job, especially with move ins. My dryer was broken when I moved in and had to ask a million times for replacement.

This is a great thing for people moving into the helix. My parents were so happy when they figured out I was gaining $500 for signing up early. I am super happy. I just wish the app was a little more self explanatory. It is a little confusing if you do not know what you are looking for or doing on here.

I have been battling a maintenance issue since retiring in August which has kind of set me off. Love the amenities like free dinners and events, but I shouldn’t have to worry about the integrity of my unit.

Not the best apartment's to stay in. Unfairly punishes residents for other people's mistakes. I was tricked into signing a renewal lease. Wish I did not resign.

Reply from Helix Starkville

Overall my experience here has been disappointing. The apt is great but the building is trashed with cigarettes, broken glass, and food throughout the stairwell.

The walls/ceilings/floors are extremely thin. The hallways reek of either weed or dumpsters depending on the day. The staff are so rude all of the time.

It would’ve been better if rent wasn’t high. Also the cost of utilities is stupid high. The hallways are extremely disgusting. Also you can hear your next door neighbors without them even being loud. Same goes for those above. It literally sounds like elephants are above my apartment at all times.

The apartment complex is okay. It's not the best student living in my opinion but it will do. Some of the staff members are so kind but others (only 1 or 2) have a nasty attitude. Overall, it's okay!

Good. Too many renovation in the main office. People on the second floor make too much noise that you can’t study well while they are in their appartment