Hidden Lake Apartment Homes

1 star
When Spencer showed me the apartment I fell in love with it. When I moved in...total different story. They had my money a month in advance. I came to my apartment the night before the movers would be here. I turned on the lights and there were hundreds of roaches..not even in the kitchen but in the bedrooms and hallway and hall closet, in the living room and dining room. I called the apartments that night and left a message. In the morning my movers were due to show up at 9 am. Spencer told me we couldn't put anything down on the counters because they were due to resurfice the counter tops. He's had my money for a month and just now on my move in day wants to resurfice the counter tops. Don't mention the fact that I told him I had a part of my lung removed and since I work from home I was needing to get in , get settled and start work. I had the cable ready and the movers. All my addresses changed. He wanted to move me to another apartment. Not once is he considering that I work from home and my money depends on me getting to it. I was hearing rats in the ceiling, the pendant lamp was swinging. I told them about it. There was rotten wood, still is, on the corner that looked like it could be a nest, considering the roaches. No one was listening to me. They just had the orkan guy spray in the kitchen three different times. Anyway, the boys upstairs moved in and guess what? they had rats running in their place. They killed it...there was a lot of blood. They called the Health Department and got some action from Dawn. That's what it takes if you want something done. This apartment complex is not about tenant satisfaction. Once they have your money and your signature you are nothing but a paycheck to them. The office people here are like wardens and this is the prison, no...not the prison..but their prison. It is not a joy to live here. My first 6 months of living here I had a notice on my door every week , they wanted me to do this or do that to make my patio look like they wanted it to look. My patio was decorated with old furniture and plants. other's have trash and old tables or buckets and random stuff on it. I was harassed over and over. I was harassed even worse when I called corporate to complain against Dawn . Because that's the type of company that manages this place. I had intended on moving out of here. I signed my lease renewal after talking to Spencer and asking him if I could also put in my 60 day notice so if I found something I would be able to retract the lease and move. He said yes. Then we had Harvey and that put my search behind a week or so. But still I was working on it. I went to the front office and Spencer was so excited to put this in my face...he says..you will be happy to know we leased your apartment...your last day is the 19th. I called the corporate office and all of a sudden I was getting a call from Dawn. I suspect what they pulled was against the law. Dawn then asked me what i wanted to do...I told her I wanted to wait til the end of September to withdraw my notice. She threw a fit and wouldn't let me. I said then why are you asking me what I want to do if you aren't going to honor it? So they pretty much forced me to retract my 60 day notice and live here or be out prematurely. That's Dawn and Spencer. The wardens of Hidden Lake Apartments. I've never lived on a complex that had such hateful and foul managers. Don't bother asking or saying anything to Spencer he will answer with any kind of BS he can come up and a lot of the time it's just because he's needing to be the authority..again the Warden...he doesn't hear a word you say. Again...this is not a Tenant friendly complex. I only put this review on here because it asked me about my resident experience. Well there it is.
People just have no sense around children. Had an encounter at the pool about a week, I didn’t know residents were management all of the sudden. Pretty soon will be moving out do not need my child seeing belligerent drunk people.
Not happy about still seeing roaches and requesting a non smokers room and the neighbors smoke in coming in my apartment. I purchased a Air Purifier and bombed the apartment. Hope it improves.
Our experience started with a roach problem in our apartment that should've been taken care of before we moved in. Otherwise, maintainance has been timely.
When I first moved in the people where friendly and respectable. Lately it seems we are getting some shady people in. Letting dogs poop on sidewalk and every where and not pick it up. noisey new nieghbors with screaming kids. Half of the builing with no lights so it is very dark to see where you are walking and at my outside door. been requesting it to be fixed. One light was on till last night i heard someone out there with a ladder and now it isnt working. Ive been requesting over a month to fix it. my nieghbors dont like light.
Everything went great with the move in except for the roach infestation, those little pests where everywhere the first night I was supposed to sleep there, but today has been better and I think we have gotten rid of most of them. I hope.
Long time resident community is going downhill. Bad and disrespectful officehelp. Upper mgmt very disrespectful. Great location but needs better management
my dryer doesn't dry and there's dog poo everywhere. don't know what else to right haven't had a chance to experience much more than that oh
I love the location of this complex and how we’re so close to everything! The complex is really nice and I love how big the patios are! Just wish we could have a hammock out there and it would be perfect!
Besides the dog poop problem all is great ! Wish you could do a better job enforcing that problem! It is disgusting to walk the property and see dog poop on the sidewalks and all in the lawn.