When I first heard of the place, I thought that it sounded too good to be true. Unfortunately, it was! First and foremost, the office staff (all under 20) have absolutely no idea what is going on and are completely clueless when it comes to the information that they give you. For example, I was on the phone with somebody (because I lived too far away) when I filled out my lease information and one of the options was a purchasing a "reserved parking permit" for $35 per month. I asked what that was and was told by the staff member that it was a special permit for individuals that wanted their names on a parking spot so that nobody else could park there. I said that I didn't want that, but asked if I could still park in an open spot at the apartment and was told that there were several open parking spots that you could park in w/o purchasing that. Umm no. So you are required to purchase a parking permit if you want to park at the apartments at all...if you don't pay, you have to risk being towed or getting a ticket at some random parking lot nearby (oh and according to my new roommate, they don't tell you that they are now sold out of the parking permits until they hand you the keys after you sign the lease). In my lease, it states: Resident agrees to pay a onetime fee of $ per vehicle on or before 08/17/2015. In alternative resident agrees to pay $ monthly per vehicle due on or before the 1st day of the month. If no amount is filled in parking shall be free for properly registered and authorized vehicles. If you notice, there is no fee listed and in the lease it states that parking will be free so no amount is filled in. We will see how this goes. We were also promised a $400 gift card if we signed during a certain time period. In the summer, I was told that we would receive a Visa gift card that could be used towards rent or whatever else we wanted. When speaking with the manager right before we moved in, I was told that we would actually just receive a credit on our account to use for rent. Then on the day of move-in, I asked about it once more and was told that the computers weren't able to process that and so we would be getting a check. What is actually going to happen is anybody's guess as it has been a month and I still haven't received anything. Since this is specifically about moving in, let me tell you how unprepared they were! First. our move-in date all summer had been 8/17. We even received a Welcome letter just the week before moving in stating this and then just a few days before I got a phone call saying that it had been pushed back until 8/21. I was moving from over 6 hours away and had already made plans. Also, I am attending school and it started on 8/18. So, I was told that I would get a $200 credit for the inconvenience. I then asked about our first month's rent since the lease states it is per month and how that would be adjusted. They said they made a mistake and the lease was supposed to stay it was per installment. I said that it didn't matter what it was suppose to say, but what mattered was what actually was put on the signed lease. They said they would look into it and let me know...I am still waiting. However, apparently depending on who you are, your rent for the August month was different. I had just the $200 taken off, others had to pay the full amount, and still other people didn't have to pay anything at all. They were so unprepared that the building wasn't even finished. I was never told that I had 2 temporary roommates while they were still finishing the construction on the 5th floor until one of the roommates contacted me because she got one of the semi-competent office workers that let her know (the other girl and myself were never informed by the staff). On actual move-in day was a complete disaster. First, when I was filling out my information and was given the keys, I wasn't on the "list" for a parking permit. I explained that I had spoken to the manager and was told that I would be receiving a parking permit and that I wouldn't have to pay for it for at least 3 months due to the mix-up when I signed the lease. I was told to come back later to talk to the manager to get the permit because she wasn't there. I went back several times that day and was continuously told that she was not there until about 10 minutes before they closed. I had the unfortunate opportunity to deal with an extremely rude and disrespectful person (actually the person I had originally dealt with in the morning) was very reluctant to even let me speak with Erin. After about 15 minutes, she finally led me back to get the manager's office and I got a parking permit. (Which only lasted a short while because they let somebody steal the folder with all of our information and the extra permits so we had to get new ones.) Did I mention this place was amazing and super efficient? No..oh, well hopefully nobody else will ever have to deal with these people again.

Terrible, charged me a ton of unnecessary charges even though I kept up the place the best that I could and my roommates or I didn’t even use the couch that was “damaged” and charged us for replacement. Not recommending River Edge to anyone.

The hallways are always dirty with crumbs everywhere and the stairs are always sticky with something that was spilled. The trash chutes are always extremely dirty and gross. The door to get to the bike lock stands is broken and cannot be opened.

Reply from River Edge

The constant construction work made me ill, and it probably has done permanent damage to my health. This isn't just the work on my unit, but it's the work as a whole on the entire building.

I lived in an apartment that smelled like sewage for almost a month while the maintenance guys didn't believe us and told my roommates and I "maybe you should do your dishes or take out the trash." You can eat off our floors, it's always clean. We are all 26, we know what dirty dishes and old trash smells like. Turns out we were right. I had to stay somewhere else a whole week because it was so bad. Got a $100 concession and had to move a second ADDITIONAL time due to this company's incompetence.

I have overall been highly displeased with my time living here. Excessive noise all hours of the day, unfriendly staff members and residents. The only upside to me is the location being close to Boise State. My roommate and I no longer use the gym facilities and have only once used the hot tub because of watchful male residents who make us feel uncomfortable. I also received a letter not allowing my dog to use the restroom out front so now I walk a block away in the cold to take her out. Lastly, there is still residue on my car that won't come off from when food was thrown on it. A $5 gift card through community rewards translates to around $3 in Visa gift card which isn't at all helpful.

Reply from River Edge

It's been terrible! The staff does nothing and is not helpful and rude! The place is disgusting and not taken care of. Parking is awful!!! It's noisy and hard to study. I'm he place is falling apart and is not taken care of at all. Maintence is no help and they didn't fix things in my room prior to move in.

Reply from River Edge

living here is hell unless you enjoy getting woken up at 7 am every morning to the construction workers screaming, singing, and moaning right next to your window (:

this place sucks, its always so loud the past 4 times I've gone down to talk about getting a subleaser no ones there. construction always and they lose packages.

The people who live around us are nice for the most part. The people who work here however are rude, you have the most ridiculous rules, tow everyone's cars, don't care about residence requests, and all you care about is money.

Its aweful unless your mommy qnd daddy pay your bills. I pay 635 dollars a month to park 5 blocks away and the stairs and garbage room have been trashed for about a month. Save your money and go Parkvillage only payed 400 a month there and parking wasnt nearly as bad and its not nearly as "ghetto" as everyone says it is. I count the days i can be out of this trap.

Really disappointed that I don't have first priority to renew my lease on my current place. I wish there would have at least been communication from the staff as a courtesy for the opportunity to do so.

Reply from River Edge

This place has probably been one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had. Not what I pictured having my first y at of college be like. The noise level at night it outrageous and nothing is done about it. The security guards let drunk girls without pants on just chill in the lobby. I hate it here

Reply from River Edge

My experience living in riveredge is far from desireable and many others have the exact same opinion. My roommates and I have had several problems.

Reply from River Edge

Construction at 8am everyday.... I don't think this apartment will never be completed, constant problems. Construction at 8am literally everyday....

The staff here don't take care of anything professionally and are rude. Parking is a joke. I honestly wish that you guys would make things right but you won't so whatever I'm stuck living here and hopefully I can find someone to take over my lease or something.

Management is childish and will control how enjoyable of an experience living here is. Love the apartment. Love the location. Just can not stand the shady management.

My experience at rivers edge has not been a good one, with unexpected fees and the lack of organization, I will not come back. The building constantly looks trashed and the management cannot keep the kids under control.

Reply from River Edge

Yesterday I stepped in dog pee in the morning and it was still there that night. Something really needs to be done with the hallways. Usually coffee cups are gone and not replaced

Reply from River Edge

Overall it isn't a bad place to live if you are a student. However, I think that if pets are allowed there should a policy that residents should have to clean up after the pet. Dog poo is consistently in the stairwell and it is just gross. Residents should be fined in the event they are not picking up after their animal.

Reply from River Edge

Lots of breathing in smoke that is coming through my vents. This may have been because lack of roommates reading the lease agreement but either way it gets old.

Reply from River Edge

The front grass was ALWAYS over watered to the point where it was like walking through a marsh. River Edge obviously does not care about the environment or it would have fixed this problem by now. It was also very noisy most nights and smelled like trash in the hallways when the trash chute would randomly be locked. The complex is new so the apartment wasn't bad inside, but getting to it was awful. Truly unfortunate. :/

So far I have not been very pleased with the new management. I feel like I’m always running into problems. The hallways and stairways are filthy. The front desk staff hasn’t been very kind. The older woman who sits at the front desk and always gives me dirty looks when I’m picking up a package and makes me feel unwelcome and uncomfortable whenever I come through the front office. I have started walking through the garage to get to my room which is inconvenient for me and far from my room.

Great outlay, really nice appliances. I don't enjoy that the exit signs keep getting torn down or that my whole floors smells like pot. Otherwise, great customer service and availability.

Reply from River Edge

Living at RiverEdge is similar to living in a frat house. Everywhere you look there is bound to be pieces of broken exit signs, scattered trash, a pile of vomit or dog poop, or some aggressive drunk minors. I have had several issues with my roommate that have been left unresolved and the management does a poor job on followin up/ doing anything about complaints.