The Degree

Love my new apartment because I can do homework and have a beautiful courtyard view while I listen to very boring zoom calls. Love my roommates, we all get along great. Just wish covid wasn’t a thing because I want the pool to be open longer and not have to worry about masks 24/7
the apartment itself is nice the amenities would be cool to use but NO ONE wears a face mask in shared spaces which makes me extremely uncomfortable, there for i can’t even use any amenities
It’s a beautiful apartment complex but sometimes it can be loud with people above you or outside. Also, the floors make your feet really dirty if you don’t wear shoes in your apartment (had to mop the floor like 4 times without feet getting super dirty). I also feel that wearinf masks isn’t as enforced as it should be; I was taking out my trash and a worker was cleaning the floor without a mask on. Only certain doors open to get into the building so sometimes I need to walk to a farther door.
It started out fairly well. When I moved into my new apartment, I was appalled. Nothing was cleaned and the apartment was so disgusting. We told management and sent the cleaning crew back to clean again and all that was done was the vacuuming of my carpet. The people before us were part of the football team, so you can imagine how gross it was. My sister and I spent hours each day for weeks to clean the entire apartment. We are still cleaning to this day. I’m absolutely disgusted that The Degree would let me move into an apartment like this, especially with covid being a concern.
I love how everyone kind of keeps to themselves. But at the same time, they love conversation and talking to new people making new friends With their neighbors.
Everything has been great so far. I wish there was an entrance on the East side of the building residents can use. The South-side entrances are a bit inconvenient as my room is on the North-east corner of the building.
The amenities, location, and apartment design is the sole reason for the highest review of 3 stars. The staff are very unprofessional and unhelpful. The process of any requests, billing, etc. is exhausting to complete as the staff does not relay messages to the right people and are constantly inadequate of helping any matter.
I love this place! It has so many resources. Everyone is so helpful and super nice. I've been in the almost all day so I haven't made that many friends but I'll get out out someday😂.
The apartment itself is amazing! The BBQ and pool area are my favourites. Unfortunately the office staff communication and organization are very poor which makes life frustrating.
The units are very nice. Bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, and kitchen are perfect. The only unfortunate thing is that the lease plans are not flexible at all especially during a pandemic.