Great overall, but small details can be frustrating not quite living up to the "luxury" tagline. * Frequently easy to smell what the neighbors are cooking - which so far has been quite good-smelling, so not really a complaint, but... * Inability to program thermostat, and thermostat being on the heating/cooling unit leaves room for improvement. * Entrance door is starting to sag, making it require slamming to properly latch, and pulling up to get the key to work. * Sole opening window requires majority of shade to be lifted to be opened. Privacy implications. On the flip side, there are plenty of things worthy of commendation: * The piano room is amazing. It would be great to know the details of how sound-proofed that room is: If it is possible to play without bothering those living in the upper floors at any hour of the night it would turn an already excellent amenity into a perfect one. * The elevator situation is much improved. Thank you :-) * The layout of the apartment is incredibly functional and well-planned, enabling a proper kitchen without sacrificing significant living space. * Loving the location. The absolute best part about living in the Eugene: The staff at the front desk, in the office, (in the leasing office) and all around are amazing, wonderful people.

Reply from The Eugene

Everyone is so nice and welcoming and SUPER HELPFUL!! My deliveries and returns are handled with care and all are super professional. Love living here!

Reply from The Eugene

The rooftop is really nice and has wonderful view of the new york city, but the residents have to pay extra to have the access of the rooftop.

Reply from The Eugene

Such a wonderful community and amazing building and staff. It is my favorite place in the entire city. So happy to be able to call The Eugene home.

Reply from The Eugene

Friendly staff, nice living environment, and high quality kitchen equipments. The only thing I can complain is the building instruction next to the neighborhood.

Reply from The Eugene

been great living in Manhattan and at the Eugene, The gym and basketball court are nice features, Living within easy walking distance to Penn Station is another great feature.

Reply from The Eugene

Everyone is very nice to each other and I feel like I am warmly welcomed everytime I enter the building. I enjoy socializing with my neighbors and making meaningful relationships with them.

Reply from The Eugene

The Eugene offers 5 star service all around. The deluxe amenities are unparalleled. The interior designs in common spaces & apartments are unique, high-end and modern. The staff go out of their way to be friendly, helpful and accomodating.

Reply from The Eugene

The Eugene is great and I couldn't ask for a better living experience. Everyone working in the building is always pleasant and helpful. I love it here.

Reply from The Eugene

There are a lot of good things about the Eugene - mostly due to the friendly staff and responsive maintenance team. However, it's frustrating that there are constantly issues such as with heating, the elevators, etc.

Reply from The Eugene

Friendly staff, nice amenities. However, the trash chute room is very dirty, and there is a resident on my floor who screams and knocks on the door for 20+ minutes at 3am.

Reply from The Eugene

I have lived in Eugene for 5 months now and I couldn't be satisfied more with the Eugene. I love the management team for their effort to make your living convenient and feel always grateful for them. Thank you.

Reply from The Eugene

The Eugene is a nice building with great amenities and staff. However, there are also quite a few shortcomings including, but not limited to, shoddy construction work in the buildings (i.e. misaligned joints, exposed stucco, poorly installed windows) and thin walls. The thin walls only amplify the very loud construction work that is happening in the Hudson Yards area.

Reply from The Eugene

I love the building. Besides the fact that the building is aesthetically attractive, the people who work there are always ready to help and make the experience of living there that much more comfortable. It was a dream for me to live in Manhattan and the Eugene has made it become a reality. I'm so grateful and everyday is exciting waking up in a great community.

Reply from The Eugene

I wish there were more events on weekends for those of us who work during the week. I also would like to see more group fitness classes. Otherwise, love The Eugene!

Reply from The Eugene

Very good staff and building. Packages sometimes lost and slow to be found. The gym is great, there are lots of machines and open space. Wish staff wouldn’t lock the roof deck in the winter.

Reply from The Eugene

So far the Eugene has been great. It's probably the best building in the whole world. Especially their rewards program, just fantastic. Thanks Eugene.

Reply from The Eugene

should open air conditioner to change air in the hallway, because the smell is always bad on the 35th floor. and the charging outlet on the library desk are always not working.

Reply from The Eugene

Overall, it's good. Building's amenities are way above average. However, there are little things that can be improved. For example, coldness in basketball court in winter, construction delay and noise, elevator issues...

Reply from The Eugene

I love coming home - the staff is so welcoming, the building is breathtaking, and the amenities are beyond unbelievable. It's so conveniently located too! I commute to Long Island daily, but it's so easy to just walk down the street to Penn Station. I can't believe how lucky we got with this building.

Reply from The Eugene

Wouldn’t say there’s much of a “community” at the Eugene. LIVuntld’z events are done well but not many people tend to show up. Otherwise have not had issues with other residents.

Reply from The Eugene

TELL US ABOUT YOUR RESIDENT EXPERIENCE? TELL US ABOUT YOUR RESIDENT EXPERIENCE Please rate & review your apartment community.(140 character minimum). 125 characters.

Reply from The Eugene

I Have loved living in my building and how having this community earn reward so. I think this is a great opportunity to know what’s going on in our community

Reply from The Eugene

+: fancy building, great amenities , nice staff, good location -: some equipments like ac and window/door doesn’t work well, no parking garage

Reply from The Eugene

Moving to The Eugene has been nothing short of a great experience. The staff has been so welcoming and friendly. Watching the press of Hudson Yards will also be an extremely interesting aspect of moving to this neighborhood. I could not be happier to be part of this new area and building.