The Gables of McKinney Apartments

From when we first moved into the Gables, there have been drastic changes in this complex. My husband and I can't wait for our lease to be up so we can move out of here. The increased crime is unsettling. I no longer feel safe walking my dog alone here from the several shooting incidents that have taken place over the past month and a half. Not to mention a large marijuana bust as well. There are actually multiple people who smoke marijuana near where my husband and I stay because we smell it all the time. For how expensive it is here, it's pretty ridiculous that this complex isn't kept nicer. When we walk our dog there is always an unnecessary amount of garbage and dog feces everywhere despite the fact that the complex provides bags and trash bins. We have had so many issues with appliances and such being run down, falling apart, and constantly having to make requests for maintenance and things to be fixed. Needless to say we will not be renewing our lease here this fall.
I regret signing a lease here. The apartment needs renovating, its very loud, my dryer hasn't worked properly since I moved in. I am counting down the months until I can move out and find a decent place.
1 star
The website requires a rather high service fee, but really doesn't provide much of a service - no email reminders, not much transaction history. I assume the office downloads a weekly report to use to know when to post notifications on residents' doors - this is presumably out of date - a single late payment resulted in a threat to evict rather than a reasonable grace period. Grounds are typically a bit of a mess - broken glass near the dumpster and food in the parking lot.
1 star
Living here has not been great and I will not be signing another lease here. Front office is so sweet but the people that live here oh my gosh.
Apartment not ready at all maintenance is nice but definitely not happy with all the issues that should have been. Fixed before I moved in
Horrible apartments, I had a very troubling stay at this particular apartment complex. I would not recommend to anyone. There’s shootings, robberies, car accidents, it’s just a hassle to stay here.
The place has had its ups and downs. We’ve had some really crazy things happen here. There also have been really peaceful times as well. I/we will see how year 3 goes..
Not a bad "first apartment" but I've had multiple issues with noise from my neighbors and every time I've tried to have it resolved, the people managing the apartment make me feel like a huge burden and nothing gets done about the issues. Certain people in the office can be nice but others are extremely rude and unhelpful.
the staff is great...but a lot of my new neighbors seem to be a rowdier bunch. The laundry machines are a bit neglected and take a long while to be repaired.
It’s ok. But I’m getting tired of the bs: people throwing furniture in the dumpster, squealing tires to be macho, people who don’t live here taking our minimal covered parking.