The Lakes at Windward

All services in the community are stopped because of Covid19. Very uncomfortable. All services in the community are stopped because of Covid19. Very uncomfortable.
Apartments are old and even after renovation not up to mark, the service is poor and staff seems helpless with no clear answer. I moved recently and the hot water was not there in my apartment from day 1, these things should have been checked before handing over the keys, I raised the complaint at 8:00 am online, went to office at 11:00 am and 1:45 pm and they kept telling me that someone is coming to fix but they can't commit on time. finally someone arrived at 3:30 am and told that water heater is bad and need to be replaced and would be done on monday i.e after 2 days. We pleaded that person to fix and finally he called someone and arranged a new water heater. WOW that was my 1st day in apartment. And I haven't mentioned yet the dirty floors , slow water speed in tap , dead and live cockroaches roaming around and list goes on and on.
Not good. I have roach infestation that is being made to be my fault to where I had to hire Orkin to come out and fix my issue and the only thing I was asking for was to subtract the $75 every other month to cover orkin fixing the issue that is not my fault. I got a demand for rent and threats of eviction because I shorted my rent $75. The lady Erin in the office was extremely rude as well as the regional manager Pamela that called me back. Both of them made it seem like it was my fault when the roaches were there before I moved in. I have a child with special needs and both my children have asthma and allergies and I have never in my life had an issue with roaches and for me to be treated this way by the leasing office is deplorable. You are going to try to evict me because I had to pay to fix an issue that their pest control could not fix in the almost 3 months that I was contacting them about this roach infestation. This is a shame.
My experience here at The Lakes at Windward in Alpharetta, GA has been HORRIBLE. With unruly and disrespectful neighbors who have multiple families living in one apartment, it's very sad and pitiful that some poeple cant be civilized.
1 star
I’ve been a resident for 1 month. I have lived in my apartment 2 weeks. Before I moved in I did a walkthrough and listed issues. It took 3 weeks after my walk through to address some of issues. Maintenance came and did sloppy jobs on the weather stripping on front door because it was not attached properly and it is falling down. The sliding patio door needed a cover for the door latch and that doesn’t stay on because it does not fit the latch. These issues were not addressed. The bathtub in my daughters room does not hold water for a bath. The handle on the bathtub is not attached and comes off. The bathroom was spot painted with wrong color. The toilet seat is broken. The walls have several spots with scratches and areas with chunks of paint missing. Any other property would deem these minor repairs. It’s almost as though these repairs were purposely overlooked.
Nice community with good everything at basic essentials close by. Also the downtown and Avalon are really close. There are basic amenities but maintainance is quick.
Love the neighborhood! Very quiet and well kept up. Only issue is the trash, there seems to be a high volume of occupants, so trash has started to get too full.
Good, few apartments need to get renewed. Maintainance is good. Neighborhood is really good. School is next to the apartment, which is a +point.
I like the community overall but please address the pest problem. The area is really upscale so you can imagine how shocking it was to discover bugs.
Very good apartments and very good neighborhood. Maintainance needs to be improved. Other than that everything is good. School is next to the appartment.