The Next at ODU

3.6

3.6

My experience at The Next at ODU has been a pretty pleasant one. The leasing office agents and maintenance are nice and the amenities are nice as well. Other than the neighbors, The Next at ODU is a nice apartment complex.
Overall experience is good. Maintenance is quick and efficient. It would be nice if there was a way to switch the length of my lease, espcially with school being online due to COVID.
A lot has changed this year. Maintenance comes in without permission sometimes, and when they leave, don’t lock the door. Pest control needs to be requested weekly despite the same apartments needing it every week (meaning the method isn’t working, which makes sense since they spray 1 area for 10 seconds). The gate is never guarded or closed despite the earlier emails. Hallways are understandably messy but they will go weeks without being cleaned. Over time, you realize that a place that charges less per room yet rent isn’t being split doesn’t make much sense for a college student. I do appreciate the leasing staff; they always email back in a timely manner. I have never been contacted back by this building’s financial advisor any time I requested their assistance. Overall, you could probably live here 2 years max and be comfortable with your surroundings
I love living however I did struggle with customer service at the beginning. The only problem I have really had though is finding out rent in surrounding areas is way cheaper compared to here.
The review and talks have me all hyped up before even moving in. Really looking forward to having a great experience at the next ODU. It's going to be fun getting to know everyone
Upkeep of the rooms is not as good as they make it seem. As well as a lack of customer service. But good size rooms and living rooms. kitchens are a good size but cabinet are dirty as well as the floor.
No major problems with apartment. If you take care of your things and stay clean. You will have no problems. Community is quiet for the most part. Have not had an issues
I had a lot of trouble with staff when trying to move in, being gaslit, lied to, false promises. Actually living here, it's okay. It can get really loud on the weekends around us and it was really smelly when we moved in and took a while to get everything clean and get rid of the fruit flies. Things aren't broken but worn down for sure. Paying for parking seems dumb since we can't let guests park here. The garage door worked for a single day since I've moved in 3 months ago. I haven't used any of the amenities yet but the pool at least looks maintained alright. Some of the garage lights need to be replaced. Overall its okay, it's not special but overpriced compared to room rates around the area. Even some of the dorms are less expensive than this.
TheNext@ODU is a friendly enough place with easy access. The building itself is private, I enjoy living here well enough, and I make the best of my situation.
Everyone here is so nice and helpful...moving in was so smooth and easy. I have met a good amount of people here and they are all cool!!!!!!