There tends to be a lot of miscommunication and not accurate information; both from the staff to the residents and between staff in the office. I find myself having to come in multiple times every month which is very difficult as I am usually working during your office hours so I have to leave work early.

Reply from The Ranch

Community is nice for the price. I placed several maintence requests that were never tended to. When I moved in, my room was filthy, infested with bugs, and very outdated. I would not recommend.

Reply from The Ranch

I have enjoyed my time here at the ranch for the most part. It is a safe place to lay your head and also study for school. These apartments are set up a lot like a college dorm, you can request to live with someone, however, if you don’t have enough people to fill each room you will be matched with a random person. This creates difficulties within the apartment most of the time due to everyone having a claim to act anyway they want in their home. Sometimes you get put with people you out right don’t get along with but have to stay in the apartment that they (the office) gave you for the remainder of your lease. The form you fill out to help them place you with the ‘best people’ isn’t ever followed from my experience in living here. And if you are like me this is a consistent problem. I have a roommate now who doesn’t communicate when she has a problem but instead takes it to the office. This has created financial and personal issues within the apartment, making it so I don’t want to return to my apartment that I pay $450 for. That is something else, when I renewed my lease I received a $750 credit that would make my rent for the year $387. Meaning, that full rent without the credit should have been $414. This is how it was explained to me when I signed and asked my questions before moving into the new apartment. However, the full rent is $450 and the office didn’t follow the payment process that was advertised during the special deal. This has screwed me financially and has given me undo stress. The staff, while I’m sure is busy with other things, tend to make you feel like your problem really doesn’t matter to them and that they want you out of their face as soon as possible. The exception to this trend in behavior is Justin, the Marketing Manager here at the Ranch. He is genuine, kind, and even though he may be having a rough day he does his best to keep a pleasant smile on his face and is ready to help you with your problems. If everyone else on staff was more like Justin the relationship between staff and residents would be much better. Maintenance seems to take an extra-long time to get to any problems. However, this may be due to them being understaffed. However, the guys they do have are very sweet and explain what they need to do to fix the problem if you are there to ask. So long as you stay on top of every little thing with the office; payments and who your roommates are, then this is a great place! These are only my issues that I have had. Hopefully with this review these things can start to change for the better. If you are looking for an affordable, safe, semi-quiet place to live the ranch is the place for you!

Reply from The Ranch

Received dusty rooms needing maintenance. My room was covered in dog hair and reeked of wet dog. I don't think it's good business to not double check these rooms before returning them to customers.

Cheap place with good maintenance crew; maintenance crew is even better than the staff whom are rude and incompetent. Communication needs to be improved - never receive updates on large-scale changes and end up being penalized for their lack of relaying messages or responding to your own.

The ranch is a relatively unpricely location to stay at for students but has a lot of downfalls including maintenance, quality of appliances, etc.

Reply from The Ranch

Maintenance is poor. Every time we have an issue we have to report it multiple times before anything happens. Then we are lucky if they can actually fix the problem. We have had no cold water in our kitchen and laundry room since I moved in. Doing dishes burns your hands and the washing machine takes an hour and a half to do a load due to lack of cold water pressure. We reported it multiple time before they finally came and replaced the faucet. Of course that didn't work and we had to file a fix it report several more times before they came back out and Told us they couldn't do anything. So we have been living with scolding hot water for our Sink and delayed laundry times for the whole year. Also I understand that this is a party area, but most nights I can't go to sleep till 2 because of parties. However they do have several events that allow the residents to meet other people that live here as well which is unique. Altogether it could improve like most places, but you can't expect much when it is one of the cheapest places in Lubbock

So far, not very impressed. I had to move in early due to a major specific event that required me to be at Tech just 2 days before my actual move in (25th was the actual move in) and despite management saying that i had submitted the proper documentation, my name was somehow not added to the early move in list. When we called again to clarify the situation, management was absolutely no help in resolving our issue, suggesting that we could move in, but that we would forfeit the apartment cleaning.

You get what you pay for. I went an entire month with out a washer or an oven. I had to submit multiple maintenance orders and then speak with the front office and property manager a combined 5 times before the problem was resolved. The online site is down repeatedly, forcing me to use a money gram to pay my rent. Typically wouldn't be a problem but I don't have a bank here in Lubbock, so acquiring that much cash is difficult. Management needs to step up their class, and professionalism. Rent is cheap, however that is not an excuse for poor leadership and execution.

The apartments are okay. They still haven't painted the white splotches on my wall since I moved in (more than a year ago). The utilities are never honest, and have us pay an extra $30-40 dollars a month extra than what we should (per person). They say there's a cap and there really isn't. They bribe the residents with food for good reviews, but they can't even follow through with providing what they promise. Honestly you can find way better deals living elsewhere.

Way less quality that is shown in the show rooms. Person that gave us the tour lied a bunch (He was fired later). Maintenance takes a long time to get around to you; our apartment has pipe leakage issue that has been open for over 2 weeks now. Unless you live on the 3rd floor, you are going to hear every foot step and sound your upstairs neighbor makes.

Reply from The Ranch

The ranch is a very good college living facility. It has many benefits and many different activities hosted to participate in. It is cozy and comfortable.

Its a great place to live for the price but you also get what you pay for. if money is tight it cant get better then the Ranch. The staff is friendly and very helpful and the out door area is nice and well maintained.

Polite office staff, however there were several problems over the summer/fall. The painting staff was in and out (which I understand) However, they left the air conditioning on full resulting in overages. Also, they locked the door to my room, which I was not provided a key for, and then had to have a member of the staff kick it down. It hasn't been fixed yet.

The price is nice but I wish that the apartment was in better condition when I moved in and maintenance could be better. My window is almost impossible to open and I put in a request for it, and when maintenance showed up they forced it open and said "it works, you just have to be tough" and left without even putting any wd40 on it or anything, which I didn't appreciate.

I do like some of the staff their, but I have been getting the run around and false information from some of the managers and staff. I will not be resigning my lease here next year.

Love it great community with awesome people. The rooms are perfect size and comfy for everyone. A lot of activities to do such as basketball, tennis, swimming pool, volleyball and more

The ranch is a good place to live. You can also have pets which is a plus. I just wish the gym area was bigger. I like that we have a pool area as well.

Sometimes it's okay, but have a lot of problems with the complex. Mainly a lot of promises that were made to my roommate and I were never kept up.

its okay, not great but fine. shower is good. The stove is kind of uneven. Some lights dont work. Never got a response for maintenance requests. Theres a pool. That's cool

Reply from The Ranch

The ranch is a pretty nice apartment complex. You get what you pay for. My fourth roommate never showed so it gives us even more space. 4/10 would recommend.

It's not bad, though expect to continuously check up on problems until they're solved. Took a full week when I first moved in to get my shower to work.

Overall it was an experience. My roommates and I were not happy with how things were handled in terms of repairs, utilities and getting moved in.

Reply from The Ranch

It's basic and the cheap rent is nice but I'm always going over based on utilities even though we're stingy with the thermostat electricity and water.

The maintenance is really slow and most of the problems we've had fixed were not completed properly. However the office staff is usually very helpful.