They play favorites and if you're not one of their favorites then nothing gets done. Also, the parking sucks. The only good thing about it was the space.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

not worth $595 employees are irresponsible and have attitudes. Too many issues and they have not been fixed in a timely manner. I most definitely will not be renewing or encouraging anyone to lease here

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

I haven’t had the best experience. Fire alarm has gone off twice around 2am, 3am while everyone is sleeping. I’m assuming because of the heater or AC, honestly have no idea. It makes me very uncomfortable that the front gate is open for anyone to enter. Prior to moving in, I found empty Budweiser bottles stocked away in a cabinet, along with a banana peel. In my bedroom there are foot stains possibly oil stains from a previous resident. I had a difficult time with the manager and he agreed to come at a specific time to fix my issues. He never showed up.

Do not live here. It’s nice and all but management is not good. We’ve been waiting on renewal gift cards since they were supposed to come in in September. Now they are trying to get new renewals to sign and get another gift card. It’s a scam still receiving no incentive from the agreement we all signed. All of the people I know that live here are planning on leaving because it’s awful.

I've been less than thrilled with management. When we were supposed to move in, our room was not ready. We were promised many things that have yet to happen.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

There have been non-stop maintenance issues since move in & water damage under the sink has been there since before move in. It seems like there is no sense of urgency in handling the issues that residents have.

The customer service is really bad. Maintenance takes forever to fix anything and we have to constantly call to remind them about things to fix.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

My microwave was broken for months and I was givin no kind of apology or any kind of deal for the problem. The maintenance people and managers are always walking in when I'm not there and never call when they are going to.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

I was highly dissatisfied with management and the condition of my apartment when I first arrived it was filthy and did not meet my standards at all

I can not wait to leave Nacogdoches because clearly The Verge does not care about it’s residents! Who paints an apartment WHILE I’m living there?! I was forced to stay in my room all day inhaling paint fumes because I was unaware that they were coming to paint last Friday, and I ended up having a huge headache by the end of the day. Then they waited til days later to send a cleaning crew?! So I’m just supposed to live with plastic covering over my furniture and paint residue everywhere? THEEEN after being promised by management that my apartment would be ventilated and locked when the crew leaves, the painting crew left my front door open... Management told me they left it open for “ventilation”.... There are 3 huge windows in the living room they could’ve opened instead of leaving my apartment unsecure!! And so today I guess they didn’t like my attitude so they tried to back charge me for my $30/mo pet payment! How is it my fault that YOU didn’t charge me for a whole year for my dog?! The manager tried to say that I never paid my pet deposit and I never informed them that I had a pet... but how y’all get all my pets info then?!🙄 Oh and the manager tired to get smart with me saying that they sent out an email....They gave a 20 day range of dates and a huge time frame and gives minimal details on what that type of maintenance will be taking place.. It would’ve been nice if the told us “buildings 10 & 11 will be painted on this day” or something like that! I just want better communication and customer service! This is where I LIVE and I shouldn’t have to feel this uncomfortable in my home!

Why not the world, did I show up to a messy room that obviously was not cleaned before arrival, and used condom wrappers, this has been terrible start to living here, I would be embarrassed if I had any part of this cleaning process, I would fire all my cleaning crew if I had the power

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

It’s okay, not great. Really loud, and poorly lit outside. We’ve had a problem with the fridge since we moved in and it only just now got addressed. Wouldn’t recommend

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

So far since I have moved in has been really depressing. My air conditioning does not work. I have contacted He front desk numerous times to fix it,they have yet to solve the issue. Therefore I have Been living in a hot apartment. The furniture is broken.my room mate and I have Two different carpets and beds. Definitely can’t wait until July to move .

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

yall are not doing a very good job at all, it takes forever to get a work order taken care of and also our third bedroom which no one lives in is absolutely trashed, I have a friend that would like to sign and move it but not with that room looking like that.

Horrible parking issue. Too many visitors sneak in and take spots close to my building, which is a problem at night after work because of the robberies. I feel I can't go out at night anymore because it isn't safe, but there's never any parking spots open near my building. Horrible staff attitudes, never wanting to actually help. Always get overcharged every month. Appliances always break, staff does lazy fixes, they keep breaking. Need new appliances that last.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Maintenance is slow and still have several problems with dryer and towel hanger was never installed properly, tile is peeling back, and our brand new couch we had to request because when we moved in it was filled with dog hair and our NEW one has pointy metal frame pieces sticking out and ripping our pants and cutting us when we first got it.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

disorganized, not very prompt with maintenance/help. Staff can be helpful at times. Small gym and pool is constantly discolored and filled with dirt. Dog poop is everywhere in the grass areas and collects bugs

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Bad communication. Sketchy. The new management is a little better so far. I like that the gates are closing, I've been here two years and they haven't closed once even though they've told us multiple times they would be.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

My air conditioning unit has malfunctioned 5 times and no one here seems to care. The incentives for signing a lease is pretty cool though.This is why I believe the verge nacogdoches deserves a .5 rating.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Before move in we were promised brand new furniture. It’s been three months now and “it’s coming.” My room was not cleaned before I moved in, the bathtub was black and there was dog hair all in the carpet. After calling for someone to come clean it, twice, my mom and I cleaned it. It was disgusting how filthy that room was and no one seemed to care, even though it’s supposed to be cleaned between tenants. I know it was not walked through after the previous tenant because there was still posters and stuff on the walls upon other things. The mattresses in all the rooms had mystery stains on it, thankfully those were replaced. The couch had throw up stains in it, which have been cleaned but again we were told new furniture. All the maintenance issues we have had we have had to fix ourselves. The only thing maintenance has fixed was the stove and that took them 3 months to fix. The dryer was broken and we were unable to dry our clothes for two weeks. We went and bought the part to fix it and did it ourselves, even though it’s a fire hazard and that should’ve been priority. There was about a 2 inch gap between the front door and door frame and we had to buy sealer to seal it because it was allowing heat to come in, which increased the electricity bill. Every time we call to handle these issues they don’t seem to care and just blow us off. I will not be leasing with them again and I really regret deciding to lease with the overlook.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

The A/C still isnt working, they keep bringing maintenance around to fix it but nothing gets fixed. I also have a dog and nights are miserable for us. I wish I could rate this 5 stars, but so far, I haven't had a good experience.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

Worst apartment experience ever until Tori became the GM. Before, there was so many incidents, miscommunication and misinformation. I'm ready for my lease to be over.

The renovations being done to all the units right now is very inconvenient. When my roommate and I tried to move in early two years ago they didn’t let us because they “use those two weeks for all renovations” and then we showed up to 3 problems in our apartment. Now two years later when we are 2 months away from moving out they decide to walk in and out of our apartment without knocking and renovate the whole thing when it won’t even benefit us. They should renovate it during those two weeks when no one is allowed to move in. Horrible apartment complex.

Reply from The Overlook at Nacogdoches

I am a current resident and am highly disappointed with my stay here thus far. There are constant changes to staffing especially management which leads to community assistants providing incompetent answers to residents. I was promised an incentive card that I was supposed to receive at move in or a month after, it has been 3 months and I still have not received it. Another reason my stay has not been as pleasant as I would like is that the maintenance staff is extremely slow and provide inadequate repairs, but you always see them hanging out and smoking by the maintenance shop or cruising around the property on golf carts. Pest control is a joke, cockroaches crawling from behind appliances and out of vents, they “spray” and the bugs never cease to exist. Car break ins are common here too due to the gate never being closed. Overall the overlook is a decent place to live and would be a lot better if management and maintenance would actually focus on their residents instead of themselves. This property has a lot of potential and could be a great place to live if it was managed more efficiently and effectively. If you are looking for fall 2020 housing, look elsewhere. The only reason, I would possibly resign is that this is the only furnished 3 bedroom apartment complex in Nac.

Well now it’s alright at best, but it took too long to get here. Maintenance absolutely sucks. It should not take as long as it does to get something fixed as simple as a door handle. The front desk will just give you an answer to keep you from asking but that answer is no where close to the actual time frame. I’m pretty sure an 8 year old could run this establishment better.