I do not recommend because for the price you’re getting it is not worth it. There’s very poor management and do not expect them to help you.

They change the noice complaint number so that they don’t get any calls. It’s a college apartment so if you’re okay with beer cans in the hall way and elevator this is the place for you!

All in all the amenities are fantastic. Everything is only a year old and somehow already has years of wear and tear, especially the bathrooms and kitchens. The keys to get into the entrances rarely work and it took them weeks for me to get a key to my own bedroom. The fire alarm goes off at least once a week and they have done nothing about it. It went off three times one night at 2:30 am. If the managment didnt hate their jobs and if the majority of the staff wasnt college students, this place might be better. Also there is an absurd amount of dog poop everywhere, if the tennants aernt going to clean it up, then the staff needs too because the rest dont want to have to watch our every step to avoid it.

I recently moved into 1200 Washington. I am a 30 year retired vet. I love everything about this facility and the staff are outstanding, the place is immaculate and very modern. Perfect for a retiree. I would highly recommend 1200 Washington to family and friends.

Reply from The West Edge

Amenities were not finished when moved in. Constant alarms and noise around the complex. Dog poop everywhere. Hot water heater and other utilities are not very nice. Seems like rent is too high for what you get.

Reply from The West Edge

not what i thought it was going to be. i was expecting a lot more out of the community but was let down. hoping it gets better but i don't have high hopes

The housing space and amenities are amazing which is why I moved in here. The management, security, and cleanup crew is horrible. They treat you like children and have no respect for you. They love charging unnecessary fees and lie about when they are due. They promise you incentives to move in but here we are months later and we still haven't received them. Which has ultimately brought my overall experience down and i cant wait for my lease to be up.

Reply from The West Edge

Staff is very helpful, and the residents seem very nice. But she it comes to getting something done around here that needs to be taken care of. It never happens. My sink fell through the dat I moved in, and it took 4 days for them to get to it.. That's a lot of dirty dishes.. My dishwasher does not drain, and is still not fixed. My hot water and cold water are switched on my washer, and my husband had to hook up the water to the appliances himself!! As long as you are good with fixing things yourself!!

I'm not impressed for a "new" apartment. My apartment was never finished before I moved in. Though the community is trying to fix everything, the apartment falls extremely short of what was advertised.

I love the amenities but the apartments themselves need a lot of work. There are many maintance issues that make it hard to enjoy living there.

Reply from The West Edge

Living at west edge so far has been an okay experience. The apartments are beautiful and well-furnished, but all of the amenities, like pool and gym, are still being worked on.

Unfortunately, I've had nothing but a bad experience living at WestEdge. Trash all in the garage, my car had been vandalized within the first week of living there and the company is just overall unorganized. Very unpleased. Units were suppose to be brand new and it looked as if they'd been a few years old due to poor paint job

At first it was great but over the past year the complex has been moving downhill. For example, I have made multiple work orders over the past year to fix my living room window and after a few visits where they "fixed" my window, there is still a steady breeze whenever the wind picks up outside but I am not scheduling more "fixes" because nothing seems to get done. Their garage maintenance has also gone down the drain and currently there is a piece of fossilized dog poop on my floor that I have to walk by every time I enter through the garage. And once again the wifi server has changed which has rendered my previous login useless and every time I try and create a new account, I enter my full name and my room number and it says I'm not a resident so I'm forced to use visitor login which makes me re-log to the network almost daily. Overall the consistency has gone down and its a real shame because West Edge used to be a great place to live, but due to the inconsistency in staff and the price changes that they don't tell you about in your rent, it's becoming more of a burden than a privilege to live here.

Reply from The West Edge

I am having an issue and no one responds to my emails I have spoke to management but nothing gets done The issue has been a problem since day one

These guys are just interested in trying to make you have a rough and confusing time. They will randomly lock doors and gates that make getting around the building and leaving the building easier without sending warning emails. Trash is always overflowing and never taken care of and they still want you to bag up everything, including boxes. Can't forget to mention that the water barely gets luke warm even if hot water hasn't been used for hours. Avoid if you can.

Construction is way behind, my vehicle got vandalized while in their parking garage and they had a fire alarm go off for no reason. very much regretting moving here

The apartments are cheaply made. The fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night. If you love not getting sleep and having everything break, this is the place for you.

Reply from The West Edge

West edge is not what I expected. The faculty is gross as dogs pee and poop everywhere and it never gets picked up. There is a $25 fee for parking when it doesn’t even get checked. Cars are broken into and there are no cameras to catch these people. Finally, the fire alarm goes off way too much.

Reply from The West Edge

We were unable to move in on time and then when we were able to move in, we were greeted by a filthy apartment with many appliances malfunctioning. For example, our garbage disposal doesn't function at all and we are left with a clogged sink. My shower drain was improperly installed, we spent much time peeling off the painter's tape, (the walls were still painted very poorly) we found loose wires on our floor, my roommates bedroom door was installed with no hole for the deadlock to be inserted into, our electric keys stopped working temporarily, and the noise of the construction in the morning and throughout the day is almost unbearable.

The staff needs to work on professionalism and job skills, especially the management. The apartment itself is beautiful but it is not being run effectively.

Construction has been going on about our unit early in the morning, and they make loud noises regularly. We submitted maintenance and cleaning requests almost two weeks ago and nothing has been handled yet. The staff is friendly and helpful, but the coordination is very poor.

My approval of this apartment have been declining the longer I live here. The attitude of the staff is horrible and I feel like my issues do not matter to them. The hallways are frequently disgusting, littered with garbage and bodily fluids. Individuals use the garage as a workshop for their car and this is not acceptable. We pay too much in rent to be treated this way.

Reply from The West Edge

The carpet smells like trash and puke every time I step out of the elevator to get to my apartment on the 4th floor. There is hardly enough parking on the outside. The locks are inconsistent and resetting them is a pain.

Reply from The West Edge

It could be better, I feel like the residents run the place, but definitely good management. The garage has been working a total of two weeks (maybe) the whole time I’ve lived there and I’m still paying 25 a month

Reply from The West Edge

While the place has improved slowly since the initial under-construction-move-in Google reviews, the fire alarms keep going off, the property refuses to install security cameras in the halls to catch the alarm pullers or in the garage even when the "security" garage door sits unfixed and open for over a month and has more than one car stolen from within, the pool sat uncleaned and broken for almost a month until the property decided to sponsor an event at the pool, the property allowed people with garage passes to park outside during the door repair but then didn't tow people who didn't move back into the garage which means that people with surface lot passes have to either park in the garage and get towed or park elsewhere, maintenance requests take forever since the place only has 2 maintenance staff members (bless them) and they look worked to death, and I highly expect the property to pull something stupid and attempt to keep the security deposit for some stupid thing even though I have and intend to continue keeping the room immaculate past the dings that existed upon move in. Personally if you have no other option West Edge is fine, but please take the time to explore all the options for living near campus.