River Park is possibly the worst place to live in Athens. The air conditioning does not work. It is so hot spring-fall you have to buy your own fans to make it semi-livable. The air conditioner just accumulates mold in the apartment- which maintenance did nothing to fix and Ashley Gall (avoid her at all costs) did nothing to remedy the situation and actually made our living situation even more unpleasant by her terrible attitude. Make sure you pay your rent on time, God forbid you are one day late they charge you $50 more to pay them to live in the terrible apartments. Don't bother buying a parking spot, the only time you can get someone towed is during business hours. 5+ times someone else was in my spot and the towing company said they have to have a call from the office. Worst experience ever do not live there. It smells bad and the elevators are often broken. It's loud you can hear EVERYTHING in your apartment and probably your neighbors as well. I wish i could give negative stars because River Park on South Green is the worst place I have ever lived.

Reply from River Park on South Green

I've had a rough time at this apartment and have not received friendly service. I would have loved to live here again next year but everything has turned out so terrible that I can't.

Staff has been unfriendly, with a few exceptions, maintenance is slow and you pay extra for 'social events' while laundry cards are $5. In a building with 8 floors, one set of washer and dryers work. It's ridiculous.

River Park does not take their own legal document seriously. I have made numerous trips to the office and spoke to multiple employees including a manager about excessive noise problems. The only response I get is to "take it up with the police, all I can do is send a letter". River Park will not do anything to fix the problem. So what was the point of putting this section into the lease agreement? Terrible place to live if you are a studious person, or you like to sleep at a reasonable hour. (Example, my floor vibrates until 2:30am due to my neighbors subwoofer and their music often overtakes my tv volume). This is not a comfortable environment to live in at all. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. (This excerpt from the lease is complete bologna!) F. NOISE. Modern construction and equipment have been used throughout in order to make the apartments as quiet as possible. Loud and boisterous noise or any other objectionable behavior by any Resident(s) or guests is not permitted. Good judgment and thoughtfulness for others must be used in the playing of musical instruments, record players, radios, television sets and all other instruments creating an audible sound. The operation of these instruments is permitted provided that their noise level is adjusted so as to be audible only in the apartment where located. Any audible standards are severely increased between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and the following 8:00 a.m.

My roommates and I have had an average experience here at River Park. We love the size of our apartment and the balcony, but we still have had some issues. Upon moving in, we unfortunately found cockroaches in our apartment. We have had to get Orkin to come in to spray monthly because the provided exterminator has not worked, and did not even show up when they were said to come a couple months ago. We have attempted to ask the faculty if we could be reimbursed for Orkin, but we were only told that "River Park does not usually reimburse tenants for outside exterminators since they provide one." We were told that we would be able to speak with the property manager about our issue, but were never connected with him/her. We like our apartment overall, but we would like to be able to discuss our issue further since we are college students who are struggling with the extra cost of another exterminator. We plan to ask the faculty once more but are not too optimistic we will get much feedback.

Riverpark has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. We had a water leak in our apartment that lasted two weeks because maintenance never came back to fix it.

Reply from River Park on South Green

Rude staff. Overpriced. Maintnance is terrible, took a week to come out and didn't even fix the problem. Also you're given basically no information after signing your lease until a few weeks before move in. Apartments are nice otherwise though.

Facilities are outdated and often broken, communication with residents from the office is not strong, and I feel like many maintenance and office staff members do not work in a timely or professional manner.

truthfully I have not had the greatest experience. When we first moved in there was a cockroach problem. Then the washer and dryers would break at least once a month and as of January of 2017, they have broken for good. There have been several work orders put in and it appears no one cares to do anything to fix them. Then it seems the office is unorganized and not helpful.

Horrible management. Our bathroom ceiling leaked sewage water 8 times and management claimed it was clean water each time. The problem was never permanently solved.

Lived here for almost 3 yrs. Its been ok, I feel like the longer I live there the more I feel like it is a money business and not about the residents. I also hate that we do not have assigned parking spots, after a 20 hr shift at work getting home at 3 am I want to park near my apartment, not driving around looking for a spot. Also the activity fee is a joke! I feel like I am the one paying for them to advertise and entice people to move here. In all and all it is safe, quiet, and clean. Those are the most important.

Right from the very beginning there were issues. From being kicked out of the floor plan we had signed for to now with constant problems in our apartment.

Laundry always broken slow with repair requestsLike the apartment reasonable rent good location staff is friendly. Didn't like that they entered my apartment without permission for no reason

Well to sum up my experience 70% of the time the hallways reek of weed, quite hours are limitedly enforced by the questionable security guards, and I'm lucky if the dryers ever actually dry my clothes. Also the money machine for laundry has been down for over a month and river park has just now decided to do something about it. The student employees know less than Jhon Snow there go to answer is I'll ask my manager which most of the time don't know anything either. Good thing I could use the exercise because I never know when I have to walk up 6 flights of stairs due to the elevators being down. I absolutely love it when the water is turn off mid shower with out notice from river park, a fair warning would have been nice. We have many unwanted cockroachs. Also do you we reall have air conditione? Nothing turns me on more then hearing my neighbors pleasing his girlfriend through these thin walls and ceilings. So glad when the fire alarms go off they only are in in the hallway I can sleep right through them. But it's cheap and close to campus also I love my roommates the balcony is nice too can't wait to be back next year!

Overall a very quiet community. I don't really know anyone and im not really sure when any events are held until the day of. But i also don't have anytime for the events they do have. Pretty indifferent overall.

riverpark is great! living her so so close to campus! i really enjoy being able to make new friends at river park! thank you for being so awesome!

river edge is okay. New construction site bothers me a lot. noise begins early, there are trucks all day long. And no one told me that they were going to do that when I renew it

Reply from River Park on South Green

Maintenance can be subpar at times. They have come to fix things and we have not noticed anything. They did not leave a note to tell us what they fixed.

Nice property and resources for students. On the downside, the staff could work a little harder to be more accommodating. The hot water went out on day 4 and has now taken 2 days to fix.

apartments are nice for the most part, besides having several appliance and fixture issues upon move in, which took maintenance weeks to fix. Some of which are still not taken care of months later. It is obvious that the dog requirements are not enforced, seeing that there is dog feces surrounding rivers edge. Apartments and fees are extremely overpriced for what you really get, especially if you live right next to the construction that starts at 7 am every morning.

Reply from River Park on South Green

I wish the washers and dryers actually worked, I've even tried putting half a load in, close to nothing and it still never dried my clothes.

Reply from River Park on South Green

Maintenance needs to be improved. The dryer in building 34 was broken in October and it wasn't fixed even in the week of finals. The washer and dryer need to be updated considering how much people pay for rent and laundry

I'm intrigued about the 140 character minimum. Reminds me of the opposite of good ole twitter. I don't know how you guys feel ab it but inthibk the 280 sucks!

I am disappointed by the shift in management. I feel like the residents are not valued and there is significantly less “community life”. What are we paying for?

So far I have had a good experience with River Park. I was disappointed that I was unable to move in when my lease started and feel as if I should be compensated for the time I wasn't living in my apartment. I was denied compensation and because of this I will not be resigning