3 stars for the place, but forcing people to take a 20 dollar more payment on rent for trash pick-up, not fair, rent /wateretc is high enough already

Overall we have enjoyed our living experience here. The proximity to hiking and grocery stores as well as pet friendliness and responsiveness of staff and maintenance are a few of the reason we have enjoyed living at San Paulo.

Managers are nice but the issues lie with the residents and ridiculous “3rd party” “amenities”. People don’t care about their surrounding areas; parking is always an issue, trash is always an issue, people leave their dog poop everywhere it’s just gross. So the solution to everyone’s problem is obviously valet trash, which rarely comes by. Most residents don’t seem to be using it but sure we will all just pay for it once our lease renews. Then they add in “parcel lockers” that should be a 24/7 service but you only have access to them when the office is open, so I’m not sure what the point is when the office used to just accept packages. The only thing I can think of is: they will be charging for these too when the lease renews. Once greystar came in, it’s all about the bottom line and how much money they can gouge from residents. Who cares right? New people will come in anyway.

Have not yet moved in, but the rental process was very easy and straightforward. Stephanie at the front office was great and extremely helpful.

Everything is pretty nice here and love the area. The replacement of appliances when needed could be much better. Takes an awesome long time. Months.

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

The past few months have been a bit rough from how the property looks to property maintenance. There’s been a change since Zulema left. I’m sure it will get better over time.

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

San Paulo is in a great location, and the office/maintenance staff are the best. I do not like how I am charged for hardwood floors when I had no choice in the matter and the appliances here are old and an upgrade would mean another increase in my rent? The upgrades should be under management's expenses and not the renter. It makes me feel nickel and dimed.

Community seems good, my sons like the unit it feels like home but there's lot thing needed to get done around my unit and we been here 2days now and my own shower is not properly functioning. Hope they get it done soon...

The apartment is more basic than what it looks like in fancy brochure pictures. It is nicely accommodated, however the complex brags about updated and modern features which are just not present (sinks are tiny and have no sprayers, freezer has ice maker that is not hooked up and isn’t capable of functioning, tubs and counters have been resurfaced with poor quality material that wears off). The bath tubs continue to back up. We have a deadbolt we have been waiting over a month for them to come fix, service request was 7/11/19, it’s now 8/25/19. The grounds were pleasant until it became infested with rats several week ago. Management did call and exterminator, but new nest holes are still visible beyond what was sealed and rats are still being seen at night as of 8/23/19. I’ve never lived in a building that had rats, and I’ve lived in 50-100 year old Chicago apartments and never had rats. Also, in terms of the maintenance staff, either there are not enough of them and they are overworked or they do not get proper training to properly complete remedies and/or are only trained to band aid problems and move on. This, coupled with an online service request system that they seem to outright ignore. They do come out and they problem solve some of the problems, then leave, never having addressed other reported issues in the online service request. On the positive side, I do believe the front office staff does try their best to take care of residents needs. They follow up and it’s clear they are trying to take care of concerns. Often they are trying to buy time for the busy maintenance staff to get out and finish up, which shows they are team players trying to keep up with complex needs. It appears to me that there may be a lack of time or resources provided to them in order to do their job more efficiently. The complex is always introducing some new “luxury amenity,” but at this point, the management should really be focused on getting the simple day-to-day, inside apartment, issues corrected to make the community run better as a whole for residents. A luxury “door-pickup” recycling program is no good to me when it requires clear plastic bags that cannot be found at any local grocery or big box store. It’s killing me that I can’t recycle on property and this program is absolutely useless because they do not provide the clear plastic bags. There is a lot of management “pushing out programs” with very little forethought about user experience for the resident. While the apartment does indeed meet our day-to-day living needs, it has not met our expectations based on descriptions of the property. What we were led to believe was going to be a luxury rental experience is very much a frustrating and very average apartment living experience. I concede the apartments have been updated with paint, flooring, blinds, etc., but looking pretty does not make it a luxury apartment. Proper maintenance, luxury working appliances and fixtures, properly kept up grounds and amenities that residents can actually use, these are what would make it a luxury experience.

I like the layout of my apartment and having a garage. However, the other parking is terrible. I can hear everything that happens upstairs. The water pipes are extremely loud. And it takes too long for maintenance requests.

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

Love the complex. Very quiet and everyone that I have met has been very nice. Ladies in the office are very beautiful and very accommodating and helpful.

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

This is a nice apartment, but the response to requests has been slow/nonexistent, and the grounds could be kept a little cleaner. So far, neighbors have been nice. Also, all of the plumbing is pretty loud.

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

Have been here for less than a week ... things are good so far, still some things on work order that need to be completed, otherwise seems quiet enough, apartment is cool, still unpacking

I like living here. The location is great, near shops and hiking. Great for pets. It is close to Phoenix and Chandler but it feels like it is it's own town.

Excellent communication from staff. Nice neighborhood. I love the apartment and the view. A dedicated garage for each apartment. Just enough residents

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

Living here has been such an amazing experience. I work close by and the people their are super nice. I would recommend these apartments to anybody.

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

Had it's issues with maintenance but other than that it's a been a great place to live in. People around are respectable. It's a nice area to be in.

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

All and all, been a great place to live. Would recommend to anyone wanting to live on this side of Phoenix. Nice complex, great pool, many choices as far as nearby food goes.

The community is well kept and quiet. Conveniently located near shopping and dinning. There are hiking trails near by with views of South Mountain.

Great neighborhood. Lots of things to do and see. Ray is a busy road so you have to be careful. Wish there were more trees. Close to shopping.

Parking is always a problem especially when families have 3+ cars and take all the open spots. People like to let their dogs poop everywhere and not clean up after them so that’s not cool. Otherwise it’s okay here.

This is the best apartment complex I’ve had the please of staying in. The rewards program, the gym, amazing pool/bbq setup. It’s quiet and a pretty complex as well!

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

I've lived here for 5+ years and the rate has always been decent and the neighborhood/community is quiet. Sometimes parking can be a pain and sometimes the garbage cans get full too quickly. Other than that I like living here.

The office staff is nice but one of the biggest issues with this apartment is that there is never any parking. I’m constantly parking by the office so if you have 2 vehicles good luck also they need to do at least done renovations besides that not bad

Reply from San Paulo Apartments

It’s great! I enjoy the location and its proximity to the grocery store and entertainment. The property is usually quiet as well. Our unit has a great view too.