Sawyer Heights Lofts

1 star
Concerned about the theft, especially to my vehicle. Concerned that the computers still have not been replaced. Lots of key pads are not working. Very concerned that my breaker has failed 5 times in 4 weeks leaving me without power. Management promises a fix but it has not happened with no follow up with me.
1 star
I have had major noise issues with the people upstairs for more than a month (since August 6) that are still unresolved by management. The courtesy officers also do not come by my apartment when I call to register a complaint, against stated protocol. I have called, emailed and spoken in person with the manager, and she has come to my apartment to hear the noise, yet nothing has been done. I will be seeking resolution through other means.
How is one supposed to get any sleep when you constantly hear the highway? It’s been a literal nightmare. I’ve tried everything and nothing has seemed to work.
Recently there was an incident in the garage and several cars were broken into and damaged. The apartment has no problem sending out emails for every thing they can think of... but there is a major security breach and they felt no need to let the residents know. I find it ridiculous and unprofessional that they only want to notify us of the food and would choose to leave out the bad. We already live here so quit trying to save face
There seems to be a lot of discrepancies between what the lease says and what the leasing agents say/ advise. I.e I was told trash collection comes sun-Friday but it really comes sun-thurs, so I got fined for leaving it out on Friday. There’s other issues that I have had specifically with management (not the leasing agents) avoiding me and not responding to my emails. I had put in an accommodation request, and it was completed but my parking assignment that needed to be changed became worse instead of better. I love MY unit, the building itself is good, and my neighbors above me are loud sometimes. But my main complaint is the people in charge of this place/ who ever trains the front of house at this complex.
My experience at Sawyer heights lofts has been extremely hit or miss and I will wait until my lease is up to give a review on my overall experience.
I really love the amenities and the location. I was a bit disappointed at move in, the stained concrete floors have a lot of damage and the staff said there is nothing they can do about it. I also was not provided any information about where the mailboxes are, how to access amenities, when trash pick up is etc and had to continuously call the office. The staff is friendly and maintenance is awesome. The noise from I10 is quite loud but I have gotten used to it. There are no ceiling fans in the living room which is very odd and I was told I would have to not only purchase the light/fan but install myself - when the ceilings are 14ft+ high.
The package delivery service can be improved... Have request the curtains to be installed....was promised they will do it, 3 months later still haven't
Key fobs don't work on some doors sometimes, Dog run has a huge open gap at the target facing gate, non residents follow you through the front gate, EXTREMELY loud upstairs neighbors till 1-2 in the morning and sometimes later on the weekend. The location has great SOME Of the office staff is amazing (well only one) the rest don't seem like they want to be there and are normally not helpful. Also be VERY VERY careful when you move out take LOTS of pictures and videos. (be sure to throw away trash you leave outside after moving out or the maintenance will put a trash back in the apartment and tell you you left it there then charge you. Also, be sure to clean the apartment VERY good or you will get charged for the smallest thing when you move out.
This is my first apartment and I do have to say I am not loving it. I live on the first floor and I feel like it smells like trash 95% of the time. I have also seen way too many cockroaches here. We had to kill 3 in this apartment alone. Things could be better.