Location was great. This is really all I can say about this property. Old, bug infested, smells bad, and needs a renovation ASAP. So much more I can say.

I would like to clean carpets on each floor, I see that they clean the entrance frequently, but on my floor I see it dirty and a particular smell, otherwise everything is very good

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

I can see they are trying to improve the experience; it has been a challenge with the construction and last minute notifications of apartment maintenance and even major construction. When asked for more information, there is a response and an effort to improve

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Things improve over time. The community doesn't always let you know when they are coming to make major repairs, can be a bit startling to come home and know someone was in your apartment. The new fixtures in the bathroom are lovely and a big improvement though!

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Not very happy with the maintenance of the building and the loud noise of the residence. I also am not always happy with the time delays to fix issues in the apartment.

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

I like the building and like living in the location. I think the apartment is beautiful. However, whenever there is an issue with the apartment, I feel like it is not addressed promptly. Fortunately, I haven't had too many issues, but whenever I do have issues, I usually have to say something about it at least twice before it's taken care of. Most recently, when someone came to repair our heaters, they left a mess of dirt and also left behind some of the supplies they used to fix the heaters. It wasn't taken care of for two days.

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Segewick Gardens has been so far so good. only minor issues so far. Think overall it has been a prettyy good experience for us. thank you...

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

I genuinely love living in Sedgwick. It has charm of an old building but they have been doing renovations since I moved in. New gym albeit very small, laundry machines (unfortunately paid laundry, I wish it were free!), coffee in the mornings. The staff (particularly Jackie) are pretty responsive. One thing I will say is I wish there were just more resident perks that would bring community members together! I am a young person and have ran into many young people in the elevator or hallway. The building should have a social scene within itself to bring these people together! Sometimes it takes a long time to fix work order problems and they aren't always permanently fix but it's an old building so I don't think it's the full fault of the management or maintenance staff. I love living here overall!

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Communications are improving in the building and the construction is impeding less on our lives as residents. I think things are moving in the right direction

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Everything's fine. The construction is kind of annoying as our water is shut off often, and maintenance can be slow, but I like the apartment.

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Very satisfied with the building. Jackie Barnes could not be more helpful. There are glitches with the response time and accuracy and timeliness of maintainence this could definitely be improved

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Sedgwick Gardens is a great apartment building in a bustling neighborhood conveniently located right next to the red line. The building itself has a beautiful entrance way. If something goes wrong, the staff is very helpful in addressing the problem, especially if it has to do with plumbing.

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Walls don't trap noise. This means I have to constantly keep my tv and radio at an inaudible low. The maintenance of the building is fine. The pipes do make a lot of noise.

I love living in Sedgwick! Generally my problems are small and quickly fixed. Staff is always friendly and accommodating which I really appreciate.

With the completion of most of the renovations things are coming together nicely. The front lobby looks very nice. Though I hope the elevator is fixed soon. I am glad that residents are no longer congregating near the exits to smoke and seem to mostly have crossed the street to do such

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

I like the apartment community, I have met some very nice people. I just wish management would stop modernizing the building aesthetically. I chose this place because of the old charm it has and I would hate to see that go and this place turn into just another modern apartment building

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Overall a great building and community. The constant water issues are a bit or a let down. The maintenance staff, especially Hector, are great!

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

The building is beautiful and our apartment is the perfect place for us but the maintanance turn around time is a little lacking but the major hang up is the quality of the repairs, it's always half done or needs to be corrected. that's a major annoyance.

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

I really enjoy living here. The location is fantastic and the amenities meet my basic needs. The only changes I would make are clearer idea of what is going on staff wise. Things seem a bit chaotic and there is often not someone at the front desk. Otherwise it's a great place to live

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Pretty darned good, although there are a couple of things I would change. But firsts, the positives: good staff, friendly. Negatives: a few shady types hanging around, although potentially being addressed by police. A guy hangs out in the fitness center and just stares which is weird, and the lady who screams a lot on the 4th floor. Another thing, it’s a beautiful old building, stop trying to modernize it!! Taking out the cabana doors, painting over the retro colors and removing the old carpets!! If we wanted modern we’d live in a modern building!!

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

The new courtyards are very nicely done. The lobby is looking very nice now that it is restored. Maybe the stairwells can be fixed next? The staff is always helpful and nice!

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Overall a good community. You have to follow up with management or maintenance a few times but things get done once you do that. The location is great. My unit was recently renovated which makes living here great.

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Sedgwick Gardens is a beautiful residence. The architectural features--especially in the lobby--are unbeatable! The staff is very friendly and helpful. They always have a staff member available at the front desk to greet residents and answer questions, and they make coffee for residents every morning at 8:00 a.m. The building is about halfway between the Cleveland Park and Van Ness metro stations, so it is convenient for metro riders. The proximity to the zoo is fantastic--fewer than 20 minutes to walk or one short stop on the Red Line. The only downside to Sedgwick Gardens is its location on a major traffic-heavy road. It makes it feel less like a community outside of the building.

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

Outstanding Service here at Sedgwick Garden Apartments. Clean building Great Personal Living Place. A great place too live in a Serious condition. The only thing that you can get too far from being able to stay with in the future of this living place.

Reply from Sedgwick Gardens

My overall experience with Sedgwick Gardens has been good. The staff is always welcoming and the apartment is kept clean. The apartment is more peaceful, now that most of the construction is done. Could do without the banging heaters and "emergency water shut off".