SoCam 290

Honestly, I love everything about SoCam besides the laundry room!! I just wish it was up kept more because I find that many machines are broken and suck up your quarters :(
loving the experience so far and love the community, just wish there wasn’t construction here for half the time I’ve been living here! other than that, I can’t say I’ve had any major complaints
I really enjoy the amenities provided and parcel pending. I do a lot of online shopping so being able to just click a button on my phone and get my package is great.
It’s been very good. I hope to renew my lease especially if I could get a 9 month deal out of it. Very nice place to live and I enjoy all of it.
The housing is great since we are the first ones to experience after the renovations. The staffs are mostly friendly and helpful and the other residents are pretty nice too. One problem is the the package system cuz several friends of mine lost their packages multiple times. I think there should be some improvement to the system.
Move in was a breeze. I had a minor accounting challenge when I had to change apts at the last minute, but it was resolved quickly and efficiently. Gym is great and the spaces are pretty quiet and peaceful. Loving the free coffee on my way out to work.
I’ve had a great experience living at SoCam 290 so far. The apartment is a great size and has very good amenities. The staff is also really nice and helpful. I like the new additions they put in like the mail lockers and the lounge. I also like that there are many study rooms and a gym which I use almost everyday. I would definitely recommend living here.
With the changing of management, and all the renovations, it’s been all very hectic but the staff has been trying their best to make everything work out as smoothly as possible. I’ve had bad experiences and great experiences, and it genuinely boils down to how you treat the space they provide you. I’ve had a few instances of mismanaged emails and notifications, to the point where I was almost evicted due to miscommunication about my auto-pay being discontinued as they updated their site, but that’s not even that big of a deal for me. It is pricey as anything, but it’s convenient enough because it’s a five minute walk to the civic square building where most of my classes are and the apartment is such an upgrade from dorm life that I just don’t care. There could definitely be more events hosted, and not having access to amenities (that were listed as reasons for moving in) for the first semester was really not ideal, but I’m sure moving forward Greystar will manage much better. Rockoff Hall was good in that it felt homegrown, and SoCam290 is specifically much more corporate but that isn’t really a drawback. They have deeper resources now, and are trying to remain personable and friendly, even as the upgrades to the facilities make it feel almost too removed. The mail system as a whole is a strange, innavigable mess at times but they’ll probably make it function, given time.
one staff in second floor was not nice to me when I and my friends came to her office hour. But the staff that guided us to have a tour was very nice.
Easy move in, and attentive staff, it's made my living experience enjoyable and convenient. I would recommend some unfurnished units however, as I have my own furniture, and storing the provided pieces takes up space that I would like to use.