Southgate Campus Centre

4.3

4.3

Blah went to the store and this is just me trying to fill out all of the characters. But overall Southgate is fun and the food is good especially because it is free and
Living here 100% has its ups and downs nothing spectacular, very overpriced... Would recommend it if the meal plan was optional and there weren't so many fees. The amenities and fun things are not as fun as depicted on social media.
love the environment and the size of the dorm. It’s also great that with everything going on, they still put on events for all the residents to enjoy!
Doors are always breaking, the food is horrible & so unhealthy, walls need new coat of paint in hallways because the colors look like they’re from a preschool, & the single light in the dorm needs to be brighter because if there was no lamp that i brought, it would still be dark in there. Air conditioners need to be replaced they always leak & are so dusty allergies are horrible
Great people, nice amenities, and fun events! The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. I always know that when I need something, I can ask an RA! The food plan is amazing!
Overall, I have had a great time living in Southgate. The food is decent, the rooms are very cozy, and the closeness to campus is a must. Somethings that really didn’t sit well with me when I first moved in was that my shower didn’t get hot. But, they were able to fix it 2 months later after finally believing us instead of telling us everyone’s was cold. Another thing was the heating. After switching to winter, I decided to turn on the heat and literal spark flew out and it smelled like burnt hair. I told the maintenance and they told me everyone’s does that after not being used for a long time. I said, okay and gave it a rest. Overall, I’m thankful for staying at Southgate my freshman year and look forward to the next semester.
I had to move in early due to rush week and Southgate was very accommodating to those of us who were early. As time went on, the staff remained friendly and continuously enjoyed my living situation. I've met so many people and have created endless memories at Southgate. The meal plan tends to be repetitive at times and the parking garage is super tight so I would recommend paying for the bottom floors. I would recommend living here, it's such a great experience to have.
Great food. Great employees. A small gym but it gets the job done. A nice lounge to relax with tons of movies and games. A air hockey table, ping pong table, and poker table really complete the space.
Southgate is a very welcoming environment as far as the residents in the complex. Their staff could do a little better in liking their job especially the dining facility.
I really liked my first semester at Southgate. Even with Covid-19 and the mass spread that went through the campus, I thought that the staff always had an understanding that the students still wanted to have the proper freshman experience. The staff worked hard to still have fun things to do around the dorms. Things like game nights, scavenger hunts, Kahoot games, and watch parties in the ballroom. The kitchen staff was always so sweet and down to earth. Each member of the kitchen staff always had a smile on their face and wanted to make sure that all of the residents were happy and healthy. The maintenance staff was always ready and willing to help no matter what. All of the RA's were on call and no matter what they always greeted people when they walked through the doors. I would say that my overall experience was pretty great all Covid-19 things considered.