Southgate is an amazing experience! It is very easy to meet people and make friends with people in Southgate. The meal plan is very helpful and I personally like the food. The location is hard to beat with just steps away from the Florida State campus and Landis Green. Additional positives are the rooms are all-suite style so you have your bathroom that you share with your roommate. Also, Southgate hosts events/socials every month with different themes to get the residents out of their dorm and having fun.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

The water in my bathroom is white. I have requested to get it fixed but nothing happens. Food could be better. Please buy a new smoothie blender. Others than that I love everything especially the location

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

There's never really an issue I just wish the dining hall was open later, it makes it really hard to not starve when you can't go get food past 8:30

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

The dorms themselves are awesome and have zero problems with, the dining hall is great and super convenient. Only reason it's not five stars is because there are plenty of times where I would want o eat past 8:30pm downstairs.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

I love southgate. Everyone is very friendly and the RA’s really care about the residents. It’s a very safe environment, I always feel very comfortable and at home here. The food is also very good.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

I give my community 5 stars because it is quiet, active and easy to be in. I have made many great friends here and I hope, to be able to stay here next year too

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

This is my first year at Southgate and so far I’ve had an awesome time. I’ve met a lot of new people, made a lot of new friends, and I love my room.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

I love living in Southgate because it has given me the ability to meet new people and has allowed the college experience to be so much more fun.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

Maintenance requests take a bit of time but everything else is good! I like how the gym and common room are open 24/7 and how there's always something going on.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

Everything is good so far but but as good as I had hoped. There’s something that’s always broken and the cooks can be very rude sometimes but apart from that everything is good

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

So far my experience at Southgate has been . It has been a good experience so far. There is room for improvements for activities, food, etc. Love the location

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

I love the atmosphere here, along with the RA. they always have such amazing activities here for us to participate in! If we have an issue with our dorm the maintenance is on top of it within 2 hours!

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

I enjoy living here. A few things that could be improved our maintenance, housekeeping. I really wish there was exercise classes. I really think that the washer and dryers need to be replaced.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

My experience here so far has been great! It’s perfect for a freshman looking to meet a bunch of new people, and have the dorm experience with all the extra amenities Southgate has.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

good food and the rooms are very clean. I got hardwood floors and it really opens up the room. I also love only having to share a bathroom with one other person. Overall great!

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

I feel overall it has been a good experience but there are certain aspects that could use improvement to make it a better experience. But not bad overall.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

southgate is my life. Southgate is my love. Southgate is my everything. Southgate is my blood. Southgate is the air I breathe. Southgate is the only good thing in this world.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

Southgate is a great place to live during your freshman year. It it super nice to have a dorm style room and private bathroom for you and your roomate. Overall living here is great but there is a bit of a dust issue.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

Southgate Campus Community Center at FSU is a friendly environment and extremely close to campus. It’s as if you practically live on campus.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

Living at Southgate is fun and makes it easy to make friends. Having the cafeteria downstairs is great because you save so much money not going out to eat all day. I like living here however I do wish I could have my own room and had a kitchen to cook for myself. And more laundry rooms that work!

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

It’s been pretty good I like the gym and cafeteria. The RA’s are all pretty helpful and the game room on the first floor of pretty cool. Southgate snaps

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

Southgate is an amazing campus, with gorgeous rooms. Most dorms have 4 people to a bathroom while southgate has 2. Food in the cafeteria is great also.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

People are nice. I would like more “social” the first few days of school to meet people. Everyone is very nice and helpful. I am enjoying my first semester here I. Tallahassee.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

Southgate is a nice place to live. Although, I do have a couple complaints and problems with it. The food is my biggest problem, and I am not the only one. Management says how fresh it is and delicious but every time I have went down it looks low quality and unappetizing. One time I tried a piece of garlic bread and it was so bad I had to spit it out. I don’t see why we need to be charged to be on the food plan. It makes absolutely zero sense to me. My friends and I have to go grocery shopping every week and constantly eat out because of how unenjoyable we find the food. That is a MAJOR concern and I think everyone would be grateful if we could choose whether or not we would like to purchase the food plan and it wasn’t a mandatory purchase if we wanted to live here. Another concern of mine is that all of the elevators are expired. The first couple days I got here I noticed this and have been worrisome of the constant and random weird drops the elevator does when I am in it. Only to look over and see that the date on the registry was dated August of 2018. I have had MULTIPLE problems with the washer and dryer which we have to pay to use (which is ridiculous to me). The washer is always disgusting and left with hairs and moldy liquids around it. My socks get stuck on the sides of it and I end up having to throw them out. The dryer is also horrifying. It doesn’t dry my clothes so I have to end up finding spots on my bed and desk to let them air dry. They look moldy and old and it is horrible that they make us pay for this. Thank you and PLEASE fix some of these problems immediately so we can get what we are paying for.

Reply from Southgate Campus Centre

Fun place to live! It’s so nice being able to meet new people. RA’s are very nice. The staff is nice. I like the size of the room a lot. Go noles