Spectra Southside

4.1

4.1

The experience is pretty good. I don't really feel a sense of community here because I'm a student when there are many non-student residents but location and price are the best aspects.
close to campus, but communal spaces aren't very sanitary. Also gets pretty noisy around late night hours, doesn't die down until past 2 am.
Excellent and convenient location, very near the UC campus. The rest can be improved, especially general cleanliness of the common area. Some rooms are facing the night club on Durant and the noise level is unbearable at night, blasting music well into 2am.
My experience here has been quite good for more than five years and spectra southside definitely improves it even better. Thanks again for all services provided!
Good except parking is a pain and rent is going up. So I'm moving out but overall I had a good stay. I like the water machine and laundry Is convenient
When I signed the lease for Spectra Southside, I was told that the restrooms were cleaned every day. Unfortunately, this statement has turned out to be undoubtedly false. Restrooms on the fourth floor have now gone without hand soap for days. The trash can often seems to be overflowing. As a matter of fact, "daily cleaning" seems limited to just restocking the toilet paper whenever it runs out. The door handles are claimed to have been protected with Microban Cleaning Technology, but this does little to offset the discomfort one feels upon observing that the most critical elements, the toilet and shower space, have not been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. In the same manner, it is nice that Spectra offers Flowater, but how much comfort is one really supposed to get from such a machine when it has been displaying the same error message -- "Filter Replacement Needed" -- since the day I moved in 4 months ago? I sincerely hope that attention can be dedicated to this issue.
I've stayed aun Spectra for most of this year. I'm happy with the front desk and maintenance service! I like the location a lot too, it's very convenient.
Overall good community. The staff is very nice and maintenance is responsive. Very close to the UC Berkeley campus so travel isn't an issue.
Living here has been very convenient both as a student and as someone working in the area. The recent upgrades to the building have made it an even better place to live.
My window placement is in a weird place so I am unable to get any sun into my room. I'm also not able to get much fresh air, so it's been difficult getting used to. :(