Lots of great community, but the service requests fall through the cracks of the admins. Customer service needs work. Aside from that, it’s been a great time living here.

Wow i love the new staff and especially the NEW MAINTENANCE MANAGER!!! He really knows and cares about his job!!! The new office staff are very nice !!

I've had no real issues living here, everything has been running smoothly lately. However, I have not seen anyone come spray for insects all year. It's starting to become a little bit of an issue considering I pay monthly for the service.

The community is quiet but seems to be under staffed for the maintenance. They work hard but are over worked. I would also like to see the fireplaces cleaned as I was told when I first moved here.

I wish I could say better things...... I wanted this experience to have been a fantastic one, but sadly it has fallen short on many occasions.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Well, we started off pretty well, and halfway through our lease the management and maintenance started slacking off. But new management has take. Over and our experience with them have been good. Also the apartments are old so you will have issues with it since it’s not updated. Also I think we pay for a pest fee and never receive the pest preventive. Bugs everywhere.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

I have lived at the summit for three years now and enjoy living close to Lake Johnson. I think the staff is kind and helpful, and I like my neighbors a lot. I also like that we live where there is access to public transport within walking distance and the greenway that easily goes to the farmers market by bike.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Oh yes l’m very happy to be a resident here at Avent Ferry, people are very friendly and courteous, but I really miss the old office staff and maintenance team, seems to be a little more proactive at this point, have to get use to the new staff.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

New Management working hard and making sure all the backlog maintenance work is promptly and on timely dealt with. The management calls to update on every important issue in my apartment.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

The few issues I had moving in were address and taken care of immediately . The manager and assistant manager is very nice.Loving my new apartment

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

I absolutely love it here! I moved here with my dog Woody and the community is so friendly. Also, when I found some minor issues on my apartment, maintenance promptly fixed those issues. I definitely chose the right place to live

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Great place with very friendly staff! I love how they always give residence of notice to updates in our little community. It is a well kept complex with a lot to offer

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Great maintenance staff, works well with any problem encountered. The facilities are very nice with any amenities that you could need or want.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

We choose to live at Summit because we liked at first when the leasing agent showed us the furnished apartment. But some things seem to be very different as we expected. First we had to expect 1 month for our move-in-date. After that, we didn’t imagine that the apartment was completely different as we had seen before: the cabinets (kitchen and bath), oven, dishwash and fridge are old and was very very dirty. We had to clean all them! That’s fine. But the most terrible experience that we are having here, is nether to have the A/C nor the dryer machine working since we arrived here. We thought these things were in good use but we were wrong! With this hot weather we are suffering without A/C. Furthermore there were bugs (cockroaches and spiders) inside the house even though we had paid the pest control.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

A Grate place to live! Location is super convenient and now that Lake Dam rd is open, the connection with Raleigh/Cary/Garner is more easy.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Apartment was not completely ready for move-in on our lease start date, and there were remaining issues upon move-in. Issues with pests the first couple of days, but these have improved quickly. Maintenance requests are not responded to quickly. However, maintenance workers are very kind and do a great job when they do respond. Great centralized community amenities.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

I love the location, being right next to Lake Johnson, a short drive or bike ride from NCSU, and a nice walk from the campus bus stop and grocery store. My screened in porch and wood burning fireplace are my favorite thing so about my apartment. I also enjoy the amenities here, the pool and gas grills I use often, and I appreciate the recycling bins! The only complaints I have are that my unit needs some updating. The quality of upkeep has been below average, with dusty grates being painted over, door frames painted over so the doors stick, and an extremely old and dirty air conditioning unit that I have frequently had problems with. I understand the staff is very busy, but would appreciate at least an updated air conditioner as my rent increases after a year of living here.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Good experience! The location is appropriate, the neighborhood are very good people, the landscape is amazing. I feel very well to live here.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Nice location and amenities, but can sometimes be loud. The staff are friendly and maintenance is pretty quick at resolving issues. Good price for everything you get.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Great apartments near Lake Johnson - proximity to the park is a perk in and of itself. Maintenance issues are resolved quickly and the amenities are just what I need.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

The Summit is a great value for the location and apartment size. The neighborhood is very close and safe. The staff are friendly and personable, but the complex is understaffed overall. This is the largest complex I've lived in and also has the smallest staff I've seen so far. It is understandable why problems are not fixed in a timely manner. However, when things are addressed they are always done properly and with care. Renovations have taken much longer than expected.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Love my unit even if there are a few little outdated features. The huge windows and beautiful view makes the space feel so warm and bright. I feel safe and at home in this community.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Moving here has been an experience.....prior the present I had 2 good hips; they have been replaced..I live down 18 steps..so it's been a challenge.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

Everything is great and everyone’s accommodating! Staff has been available when there is an issue. Just waiting patiently for my washer and dryer to be installed.

Reply from Summit at Avent Ferry

The complex is beautiful and features lots of trees and great landscaping. My apartment is spacious and the process of renting was very simple and easy to complete.